Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NyanNyan

Generic Accutane

Are there any generic accutane products or pills that I could get in a drug store without a prescription? There's no way I could afford the real thing right now so this is my next best option. I'm also trying something right now but if this fails I want to have a backup.

You ALWAYS need to have a prescription for Accutane, even the generic forms. It's a dangerous drug and its use (and your health) need to be monitored.

That's too bad then, anyways thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if the generic ones are considerably cheaper at least?

Moved to the Accutane Posts board.

There are quite a few threads on this board about the cost of Accutane (including the generics). Just have a look around. ; )

That's too bad then, anyways thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if the generic ones are considerably cheaper at least?

You can't get the name brand Accutane in the United States anymore.

I think when I searched the threads a while back, Costco was considered the cheapest place to get the generics if you don't have insurance. Don't know if that is still valid.

I called two places recently and Claravis was $260 at Costco for a one month supply of 40 mg capsules (30 capsules).

CVS pharmacy has Amnesteem for $425 for a one month supply of 40 mg capsules. Obviously, if you are prescribed a higher dose it would be higher in cost.