Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!Steven!

My amazing transformation thanks to accutane!!!

Hmmmm even scousers get acne? Just kidding mate, thanks for your post!

A few questions:

Did you get any scars (indented)? If so, how did you deal with them?

How long did it take for the red marks to fade?

Cheers!

Hmmmm even scousers get acne? Just kidding mate, thanks for your post!

A few questions:

Did you get any scars (indented)? If so, how did you deal with them?

How long did it take for the red marks to fade?

Cheers!

Haha we sure do buddie and I am left with no indented scars at all however I am left with two tiny marks on my jawline which is scar tissue raised from above the skin, they are fading however can hardly see them now, but they where red and now there just pale you can just feel them though but now I have a slight beard so they dont affect me at all.

I didnt have any post treatment either I could have had a laser to remove slight blemishs however I was more than satisfied with the results :)

Guest DireStraits

congrats dude, amazing.

What was your dosage throughout your treatment?

congrats dude, amazing.

What was your dosage throughout your treatment?

Thanks mate, due to me being only 16 and rather small at the time I started on 20MG for the first month and then it raised to 30mg for 3 months then a further 4 months at 40mg :) It was being effective at 40mg so no need for an increase :)

Looking good man. Are you using anything on your face now, like topicals, what's your skincare routine like? I just finished accutane couple days ago, and ive already gotten a few more little pimples, just hoping it's my body adjusting to coming off and not the acne coming back.

Did you also use topicals besides eating 'tane? How long did it take to really notice an improvement?

The Reds or Blues? :D

Looking good man. Are you using anything on your face now, like topicals, what's your skincare routine like? I just finished accutane couple days ago, and ive already gotten a few more little pimples, just hoping it's my body adjusting to coming off and not the acne coming back.

Hey, yeah expect a little break out post tane this is nothing to worry about but I also would expect tane too have cured you 100% in terms of you never getting pimples again, I do still get pimples now and again like little break out which will consist of around 3 little pimples every 2 weeks for instance but they only last say a day and you can simply pop them and out some bp cream over them or dont pop them and use the bp cream to dry them out its really managable so dont worry.

With regards to topicals, I have not used anything whatsoever in terms of topical treatments or expensive skincare or spotcare treatment. It is best to stay well clear from branded spot treatments like clearasil and so on as they are far to harsh on your skin.

Instead simply use skincare a person without any pimples would use as this is much more effective in keeping the new skin healthy as it is not as harsh especially when you have new skin which is sensitive post accutane.

Use a facial wash that you simply wash your face when you wake up and also before you go to sleep which is has no artificalness in terms of perfume or whatever and has nutrients in that help the skin without a doubt I have used a brand in the UK called simple http://www.blogcdn.com/www.stylelist.com/m...25ckd121309.jpg

The one in second from right is the facial was this is most effective and does your skin great! For insance I used this for many months and had hardly any new little pimples however I ran out and started using old clearasil I had and a few days later I started getting more aggresive spots so it really does matter what skin care stuff you use once I switched back to simple all was good :)

With moisturiser again its best to get a light one which isnt too rich with lots of added rubbish again the simple hydration moisturiser is great and on that pic its bang in the middle in the box apply it in the day and ensure you put alot on so its not all absorbed at first then leave it for a few minuets and let it absorb itself then your reeady for the day ahead and at night after washing simply cover your face in it and let it absorb overnight and wake up feeling refreshed :)

Did you also use topicals besides eating 'tane? How long did it take to really notice an improvement?

The Reds or Blues? :D

Haha neither im not liverpool or everton, im a chelsea fan lol!!

And when I was on tane my skin became much more managable and less breakouts after around 2 months! However say in month 4 of accutane i would get random outbreaks and cysts. Due to my skin being very dry it kind of looked strange my face as it was all peeling ect but after tane id say around 2 weeks after you could see the amazing diffrence it had made!!

Remember though after your course it usually carries on working for around 2 months as its still in your system so after you finish you can see more improvements still!

have you gotten any taller since finishing accutane. If no, would you contribute that to accutane or just being finished your growing cycle.

have you gotten any taller since finishing accutane. If no, would you contribute that to accutane or just being finished your growing cycle.

Yeah upon finishing my accutane course nearly 2 years ago I was around 5ft 11 now im at 6ft 2 so accutane didnt stunt my growth.

However the reason people may believe this is due to the fact accutane causes joint problems in terms of aching joints when doing things such as workouts and running and things... I did experience pain when doing such activities this I believe is due to accutane drying fluid and oil like things out hence the drying of skin and the reason you experience this pain in the joints is something to do with cartilage levels within joints especially the knees. Anyways im not expert on this topic I just know that was the reason why I experienced discomfort.

All is back to normal now though never any pains :)

So glad that the accutane was a success for you. I have a question, my 14 year old son is in his tenth week of accutane. It has mad his acne horrible, 100 times worse that before accutane. I am worried it is not going to work for him and I feel guilty for letting him use it. Did your face get worse before better, or did it just start to clear. He now is going to have terrible scarring from the acne and it is still breaking out horrible. I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.

So glad that the accutane was a success for you. I have a question, my 14 year old son is in his tenth week of accutane. It has mad his acne horrible, 100 times worse that before accutane. I am worried it is not going to work for him and I feel guilty for letting him use it. Did your face get worse before better, or did it just start to clear. He now is going to have terrible scarring from the acne and it is still breaking out horrible. I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.

Look dont worry!!! Roaccutane is an unbelieveable drug however it effects people in diffrent ways but please dont worry about things becoming worse. Im presuming at such a young age, for him to go on roaccutane was rather severe! So there will be a lot of spots that where undeveloped as the process of a spot where the sebacious glands and so on become blocked can take upto 3 months too show and therefore these are most likely these new spots will be, he has obviously experienced a strong initial breakout which is usually around the 2-6 week mark however obviously this isnt the same for all and i guess its prolonged in your son's case.

Dont be worried about scarring either just simply support him and keep on telling him it will all be worth it because trust me in say 8 months time it will!!!!

My acne was very bad and I was certain 99% I would have very bad scarring however I only have 2 tiny scar on my whole face, I was amazed even after 4 months of being on accuatane I was still breakout big sometimes...

The course isnt over untill around 2-3 months after he takes his final pill so really dont worry about what is occuring at such an early stage!! only 2 and half months in..

Even if he does have some scarring the derm will be able to give him the best treatment to remove this so he should not worry :)

Just ensure he takes what he has been told too, eats well, drinks alot of water, keeps his skin moisturised and give it time for the magic to happen :)

I even had a breakout in around the 7 month just randomly which was once again cysts however now after the course is complete all is good so just have faith :)

Let me know how he is doing or if he has any questions :)

Haha thanks guys!

I just hope everyone else has had or gets the same great improvements!

Yeah, I also had great improvements:

Before:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/doc...00/david019.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/doc...0/david1007.jpg

After:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/doc...00/Photo3-1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p24/doc...000/Photo27.jpg

My back was awful too, and cleared up amazingly due to accutane... i can post those pics if anyone with back/shoulder acne taking accutane is curious.

how long was your course? and you look great congrads :clap:

Congrats to both of you ! I had a question i'm on my 2nd month and i'm taking 60mg/day also (30 morning/30 night) i weight 165lbs 5'11", i asked my derm if i would go to 80mg/day next month or so because i heard some people say it is better in order to complete kill the bacteria but he said that staying at 60 is good because going higher all it would do is give me more side effects, so far the only side effects i've had are dry lips/nose/eyes, rashes in the arm and shoulders and a little of back pain. Do you guys think this is true?

Congrats to both of you ! I had a question i'm on my 2nd month and i'm taking 60mg/day also (30 morning/30 night) i weight 165lbs 5'11", i asked my derm if i would go to 80mg/day next month or so because i heard some people say it is better in order to complete kill the bacteria but he said that staying at 60 is good because going higher all it would do is give me more side effects, so far the only side effects i've had are dry lips/nose/eyes, rashes in the arm and shoulders and a little of back pain. Do you guys think this is true?

That is a valid question. I went to 60mg even though my skin was already clear on 40mg, because i wanted to make sure i gave the medicine as much chance to work as possible. I'm not sure if it was a necessary step or not, but it was certainly a chance i felt like taking. Ultimately I guess I would go with your derm's advice though, because 60 isn't exactly a trivial dosage.

how long was your course? and you look great congrads :clap:

Thanks! It was 5 months... I started at 40 mg for the first 3, and went to 60 for the last two.

thank you bro.i've been reading your post i cant wait im about a week away from starting my course i can only hope my results are good im so ready to get rid of this crap been fighting it for way to long

Your derm is correct end of the day you will be getting the same effects from 60mg as you would from 80mg the process of what it is doing is the same however by going upto 80 that is a high dose and obviously as a result the side effects will become worse and back pain is a nightmare if your lucky enough to not be getting it at 60mg!

The bacteria thing is complete rubbish so dont worry the job of accutane isnt to kill bacteria so by increasing the dose it wont 'kill more bacteria'

hope this helps :)