Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so i bought BP for the first time ever today and it is 4% BP cream.

firstly i don't know how to start using it , i'm afraid of starting to fast and the only directions it gives is to use it sparingly. its also a cream , is that different from the BP sold here?

will there be residue on my face? and is 4% too harsh?

When I saw the title my first thought was "Where do you get 4% BP???" If you've never used BP before, I would start with a single joint's worth of your finger once a day, then over a week, up it to twice a day. After a little while of that, up the amount of BP little by little until you've got a whole finger's worth twice a day.

I've never used anything outside of 2.5% (my favorite concentration) and 10% (destroys my skin every time I stupidly use it), so I don't know how middle the results would or would not be with 4%.

And BP can absolutely be used to spot treat. I do it all the time!

Edited by Elsewhere

When I saw the title my first thought was "Where do you get 4% BP???" If you've never used BP before, I would start with a single joint's worth of your finger once a day, then over a week, up it to twice a day. After a little while of that, up the amount of BP little by little until you've got a whole finger's worth twice a day.

I've never used anything outside of 2.5% (my favorite concentration) and 10% (destroys my skin every time I stupidly use it), so I don't know how middle the results would or would not be with 4%.

And BP can absolutely be used to spot treat. I do it all the time!

thank you for your help i understand your directions clearly , i was just wondering does the cream fade quickly or does it take longer to dry?

i'm still pretty worried about using 4% would the extra 1.5% make much of a difference , i have to go to college everyday and i don't want to look like a burn victim.

the reason i bought it was because i wanted to try it to see how i would react and then continue the regimen onwards from the products here , would it mess things up if i got my skin used to 4% and then switched to 2.5%?

thanks again for your help

BP can be harsh on the skin no matter what concentration level is in it, but then again, everyone's skin is different. I'm pretty sure you won't look like a burn victim (good way of putting it!), but just remember to take it slowly, that's the key. It won't mess things up, either, from stepping down eventually - if anything starting from the 4% and then working down might actually help once the 4% gets the majority of acne under control.

You probably will have slightly more irritation from the 4%, so make sure to moisturize, at night if nothing else.

Creams tend to take longer to absorb than gels, and can sometimes leave a bit of a white residue. With creams, make sure you gently rub the BP in as well as you can, but other than that, you should be okay. Let us know how it goes!

BP can be harsh on the skin no matter what concentration level is in it, but then again, everyone's skin is different. I'm pretty sure you won't look like a burn victim (good way of putting it!), but just remember to take it slowly, that's the key. It won't mess things up, either, from stepping down eventually - if anything starting from the 4% and then working down might actually help once the 4% gets the majority of acne under control.

You probably will have slightly more irritation from the 4%, so make sure to moisturize, at night if nothing else.

Creams tend to take longer to absorb than gels, and can sometimes leave a bit of a white residue. With creams, make sure you gently rub the BP in as well as you can, but other than that, you should be okay. Let us know how it goes!

sorry if comparing BP irritation to a victim of severe burns was offensive , i never meant it in that context , it was just a joke :P cause i know my friends would call me that if they saw me with red irritated skin

i'll post my progress surely when i see some , thanks again for your help :D