Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Upon a December

Best regimen for nice skin in a few days?

So my very first and last prom is this Friday. I wasn't sure I would be going until this Sunday. I always eat healthy but I want to do a little bit more before prom. I know some of you say your skin will clear up when fasting or cleansing so what type would you recommend? Also I'm in college right now (I know weird that I'm going to prom but long story) so I wouldn't have access to a juicer.

What should I do for skincare? I'm thinking about steaming every night but I don't know how I'd do that here... Also any homemade masks work really well for you? Just let me know what you would recommend before a big event!

IMO steaming brings all the crap out and you will end up looking worse. Fasting usually works for me..

What's wrong with makeup?

Steaming helps pull everything out - so it should really be followed by a mask unless you want all that stuff to make you break out - not very good really. Plus steaming your face - feels great and does help - but just like everything else - over doing it is soooo bad.

Try using 100% Tea Tree Oil onto your zits - it will help clear them in just a few days and doesn't really dry out if you use it right. Apply it after your toner but before your moisturizer.

Be VERY VERY gentle on your skin - when you cleanse every morning and evening, barely touch your skin - just let your fingers glide around. Scrubs, etc will just pop what you got and make it worse. Hope it all goes good! :)

try not eating any meat or dairy and only eat your 3 meals a day. drink some green smoothies in between if you feel hungry

What I do that reduces inflammation and redness greatly is make this mask-

1 tsp gram flour/garbanzo bean flour

turmeric powder (maybe 1/2 tsp??)

aloe/vitamine e juice (few drops)

honey (few drops)

I think the flour just gives it consistency, you need some kinda base when making a mask. When you mix all these things together you get a very yellow paste, and it may dye your skin SLIGHTLY yellow so try it a few days before prom, not the day of hahha and see how it goes.

Also, when my skin is dry I make a similar mask but add blended avocado and/or banana. Very moisturizing and makes you 'glowy'