Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok so I get why we get spots and about sebum etc, but why is it some spots hurt or feel tight to the touch whilst others just look like a big whitehead yet dont hurt

Ok so I get why we get spots and about sebum etc, but why is it some spots hurt or feel tight to the touch whilst others just look like a big whitehead yet dont hurt

That's a good question, I know what your talking about and I think it has to do with the inflammation level.

Definitely the inflammation level, as the previous poster said. The skin and glands etc, get pushed around under the skin and that makes things tight and uncomfortable.

ah I think i get your angle on that, its odd though isnt it. like i had a spot coming through on my chin ps dont you just hate hate hate it when you see a small blemish slightly red, and you know its going to turn into an annoying spot.

well i had one of those and eventually it felt tight and as if its under pressure. luckily when i applied a hot compress and squeezed it the stink came out.

i swear there is no better feeling of relief once that pus comes out. the tighness is gone and the redness goes down... just you get left with a mark.

maybe i should deal with the tightness and pressure and hopefully not get left with marks?

what does everyone else do

also i love that we can talk about this type of thing and it dosnt get laughed at or seen as abnormal! its great

Edited by want2beme

well i had one of those and eventually it felt tight and as if its under pressure. luckily when i applied a hot compress and squeezed it the stink came out.

That is the best feeling in the world. If they didnt hurt so bad I would not want to squeeze them so much. I would just cover it with concealer and leave it alone.

That is the best feeling in the world. If they didnt hurt so bad I would not want to squeeze them so much. I would just cover it with concealer and leave it alone.

yeah exactly! its those ones that just beg you to squeezy squeeze