Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ofelia

Does Differin Help?

I'm a newbie on the board; thought I'd let any potential answerers know.

I have almost no acne on my forehead, but on my cheeks and hairline I have little bumps. The bumps are sometimes a little pink, mostly just the color of my cheeks. They're really unnoticeable except if they're in the wrong lighting. Then they look pretty terrible.

I would like to know if anyone knows what they are and how I could treat them. I've used Differin before as a spot treatment and it has worked pretty well. However, I've stopped using it in the past few years and am thinking of taking it up again. Salicylic acid is bad for me; I've gotten a rash on my cheeks from using it.

sounds like you have really mild non inflamed acne.

differin might be a good choice for you especially if you had results in the past.

usually it's prescribed to use all over your face, not as spot treatment, or in your case you would use it all over your affected area, like your cheeks. you'd want to use it all over because it's a preventative topical so it prevents new bumps, not just getting rid of pimples you have.

everyone's skin is different. differin did not work for me. but since you had success in the past, why not try it out again.

sounds like you have really mild non inflamed acne.

differin might be a good choice for you especially if you had results in the past.

usually it's prescribed to use all over your face, not as spot treatment, or in your case you would use it all over your affected area, like your cheeks. you'd want to use it all over because it's a preventative topical so it prevents new bumps, not just getting rid of pimples you have.

everyone's skin is different. differin did not work for me. but since you had success in the past, why not try it out again.

Thank so much for the reply. I guess I'll be trying Differin out again then. But what DOES fall under the category of really mild non-inflamed acne? I've looked up and the Internet's not much help.

I think what you have is "closed comedones" I have them as well. All over both of my cheeks. I was prescribe Differin by my GP. Currently on my third week and nothing has happened so far =( My skin is just really red and I'm breaking out a lot more. But I will keep up the treatment because I know it's not something that will work within such a short period. Good luck!!!

Could you let me know how it goes?

I am currently trying Clinique's Mild Facial Cleanser. Very good, non-drying, but I think I see a slight worsening of my closed comedones, about 2 weeks into using the cleanser. Is this purging?

Overall, my forehead has been producing less oil (and that's usually a VERY oily place) since I've been using this cleanser and sunscreen. Did I mention it's late spring too, when the temperature increases?