Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_lacayo5204

Is Liquid Foundation causing more acne?

I currently use Almay Line smoothing makeup foundation to cover up my red marks and belemishes , primarily bc my skin tone is uneven on my chin kind of red, im they s the priary place my acne is and I dont think its properly healing bc i use liquid foundation on that area, other pats of my face are not like that. Should I switch to a cream foundation just to even up color tone and light concealer instead?

Probably should switch. I found that I had to be really careful with liquid foundation. The only kind that is good for my skin is Lancome Tiente Idole, and I don't even wear that every day if I don't have to.

yeah, def switch. and if that doesn't work, get a good primer. monistat chafing gel actually work surprisingly well as a primer, and it's pretty cheap.

When I was clear for a while, I would still get comedones, those tiny skin-colored bumps) if I wore my makeup for too long. I wear liquid foundation and mineral powder though I think all makeup has the potential to clog pores and cause acne if it is worn for long periods of time. Whatever you decide to do, try not wearing it until right before you leave home and washing it off as soon as you get back

How much coverage are you looking for? I have very sensitive skin and definitely acne prone. I tried using Bare Minerals which is suppose to be good for your skins actually made me break out. But now I'm using Smash Box's Liquid High Definition Foundation which is buildable, oil-free and has SPF. It doesn't make me break out at all and it is quite moisturizing (makes my skin soft). And since I am a guy, I don't want people to think/see that I'm wearing make up so it looks very natural. I don't know if there is a Sephora near you, but that's where I got mine.

I dont want heavy coverage only enough to disguise my red marks.I only used foundation on the areas thats needed along my chin and jawline with maybe a lil powder. Im thinking its not good to use liquid especially with summer around and in florida it gets very humid. I just want to know if cream foundation has coverage for my marks, and should i add a concealer as well? Also is it worth looking into a more higher quality expensive name brand such as Lancome or estee lauder or Laura mercier rather than drugstore brands?