Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lisa14

Sometimes I'd rather have cancer

than this shit on my face. Of course, I would hope to survive it scotch free. But thats how bad my thinking has become. This is how I know I have to take action. I cant just cry about it anymore. Where there is a will there is a way.

Edited by Lisa14

I don't think anyone's acne is that bad. I don't think anyone has ever died of acne, and while it may make your life a living hell, at least that life is still yours to live. Even if you're in the mindset of "my acne is so bad I'd rather die," at least that decision is in your hands. Sure acne is a struggle, an annoyance, a hindrance on your social life, but what do you think cancer is? A picnic in the park? :|

Cancer could at least be covered by healthcare...

..oh man imagine if your insurance/health care covered your acne treatments..

Im on the fence about whether this is a troll comment or not. If not, people die from cancer everyday....you fool, it's a crying shame that your skin is awful but at least you can always get better. When someone has cancer it affects everyone around them, and if you die, there is no "find a cure for your cancer". There is always a way to get rid of acne. I saw a comment like this earlier, so just stop

I'm not the most optimistic person... sometimes I feel like life makes no sense just because of acne...

BUT I end up getting over it. I mean, it's not THAT bad. There are kids who die because they don't have any food, or are sick. Think about the kids who are victims of fires. :(

The people from Haiti who died... etc.

YOU are talking to people about your problems. In the internet. Come on, you are doing better than most of those kids.

Yes, I know. Maybe you are now thinking that doesn't have to do anything with you "Why me? Poor me..."

But it could have been you. And you'd rather have this sh*t on your face than seeing everything else falling apart... or dying.

Acne still sucks. This doesn't change anything. BUT think it twice before saying you'd rather have cancer.

I sympathize with you. Many cancer victims live normal lives. Majority of acne victims do not. Acne is easily noticeable by others. Acne lowers your self-esteem. Acne causes severe emotional depression and suicide. I don't hear about cancer victims committing suicide.

I know it's sounds like I'm taking the "acne is worse than cancer" side, but I'm just saying... it's something to think about.

just something i thought: people with terminal cancer have to face death and usually accept it while people with acne want to die bc of their disease but cant find themselves doing the act cause its the last resort.

i hate using the word because i find it not be an option because its so well you know.

Edited by dykim90

I sympathize with you. Many cancer victims live normal lives. Majority of acne victims do not. Acne is easily noticeable by others. Acne lowers your self-esteem. Acne causes severe emotional depression and suicide. I don't hear about cancer victims committing suicide.

I know it's sounds like I'm taking the "acne is worse than cancer" side, but I'm just saying... it's something to think about.

I think everyone here is being a little ignorant of how serious cancer is. Cancer and chemotherapy is a very very painful and life changing event to go through. Acne is seriously....20-30 fold less serious/painful/emotional than having cancer.

Just go by this saying...

"The grass is always greener on the other side."

Yes, I am an acne sufferer, and I know the emotional damages acne causes. I can honestly say I'd be a different person today if I didn't have acne. But still.......having acne is much better (or less worse) than having cancer.

id trade acne for any other disease, deformity, or disability in the world. give me anything i just want clear skin. cancer is a walk in the park compared to the shit i go through. give me a nose 6 feet long, 1 leg, a tail, jacked up teeth, giant ears, a 1 inch dick, and cancer. and make me 4 feet tall. and 350 pounds. even with all that id feel pretty good about myself if my skin was clear

Im on the fence about whether this is a troll comment or not. If not, people die from cancer everyday....you fool, it's a crying shame that your skin is awful but at least you can always get better. When someone has cancer it affects everyone around them, and if you die, there is no "find a cure for your cancer". There is always a way to get rid of acne. I saw a comment like this earlier, so just stop

Incorrect on two accounts. While it's childish to compare cancer to acne, please do not downplay the seriousness of severe acne.

Incorrect on two accounts. While it's childish to compare cancer to acne, please do not downplay the seriousness of severe acne.

Incorrect. There is always a way to cure an individuals acne. You just need to find the correct method.

I understand severe acne is horrible (believe me i had it very severe! It poisoned my blood stream at one point. Had to be rushed to hospital)

Please dont compare cancer to severe acne. I understand your frustration but cancer has a much larger mental effect than acne ever will. You are staring death in the face. Thinking about all the people you might not see again, all the things you might not do. Wondering if you will not be there tomorrow. It has a huge mental toll on you and all your friends/relatives.

Acne is not a nice experience but it will be over soon enough. Cancer and its treatment destroys your body and will shape the rest of your life. You think acne is painful? Ive been around a few cancer sufferers and its really not nice. The pain they feel is unbearable for me alone.

I feel for all you people with severe acne, but please realise how good youve got it. Be thankful that you are in good health and will live to see tomorrow.

Edited by MJ.23

I think I'd take the clear-skinned fight with cancer over the fight with acne. If I won against cancer, I'd go on with my life, enlightened, loved, a winner. I'd be special. I'd be that guy who's all wise and shit because he came so close to death. I'd be that guy who fought cancer and won. If I lost, then so be it. I'm dead. That's better than living a shitty life, always feeling like a monster. After I found out I had cancer, I'd probably do more living in those last months of my life than I have in the past 7 years that I've been dealing with acne. I'd take the physical pain of cancer over the emotional pain that acne causes me. I'd take death over living with fucked up skin. Who are you to tell me I'm childish or wrong or stupid? Fuck you. I know what cancer is. I'm not dumb. I know how it effects people, I know what cancer victims go through. I've known people with cancer, I've read the textbooks and the articles and the biographies, I've seen the documentaries and movies and all that shit.

Stop acting like choosing cancer over acne is some insult to cancer patients or something. Stop acting like we're trying to belittle their struggle, like we're saying all severe acne sufferers have it worse than all cancer sufferers. That's not the case. It's simply a personal preference. All of this shit is subjective. Different diseases effect the quality of the lives of different people in very different ways.

i used think to rather have cancer, but i think if u have cancer and have clear skin, u will start wishing that u would rather have acne than dying or some sort.

now i given up on thinking on having cancer or wadeva.

Cancer deprived u of more things than acne do. And maybe each treatment and checkup costs more money than acne do.

Right now, i juz want to grow old faster. Like u know at some age and u started not to be too conscious of ur appearance.

And i want to live because i dun want to bring pain and sadness to those who seriously care about me and love me and miss me when im gone. Unfair to them...

Anyone who wishes this is just asking for karma to bite them in the ass.

Ignorant thread makes me facepalm. :wall:

If only some of you would take your "hey if I had cancer then that would be that and I could live with it" attitude and focus it towards your acne.

My acne is not as bad as some, but it's bad for me, just like everyone here. There are plenty of occasions where I have said to myself "sometimes I wish I had (life threatening horrible disease condition trauma) instead of this acne". It absolutely feels like that sometimes.

But I would not be so shallow as to seriously want to trade my acne for cancer. And whether you're superstitious or not, I'd be careful what you wish for.

Trust me acne is far better to have than cancer try seeing your grandma and grandad die from it, I had to watch them die slowly because they couldnt be cured from cancer so dont say u would rather have cancer than acne its a stupid remark.

We actually have a long standing member who was just diagnosed with cancer this month. His options, at this point, are chemo, chemo, and chemo. It's been massively psychologically damaging to him, not to mention the physical repercussions. I am saddened, stunned, and heartbroken over this.

While I understand the sentiment behind the original poster's comment, it is a subject matter that requires more thought than a simple "I wish."

Hi guys, I know my message came across harsh and I actually didnt meant it, I was just having a tough moment when I typed it. I do not believe for a second cancer is a walk in a park and I understand how immature my post sounded. Damn, that was the dumbest shit I ever wrote in my life...

Eh, you should see some of the stuff I've written over the five years I've been here - we all say stuff we wind up regretting. And I think we all understand how sometimes we want something - anything - else other than acne.

Besides, you came back and apologized and THAT makes you awesome. :)

^ yup :)

Thanks guys. This is a bit OT, but do you guys see that show the Doctors on ABC? I watch that show and the plastic surgeon on there looks promising and very credible. Do you guys know if he performs acne scar removal procedures? I am willing to go to CA, I dont care anymore. I looked him up and his clinic only lists plastic surgery procedures, but it doesnt seem like a complete list. He just seems like someone I would allow to touch my face...he has a great reputation.