Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raze1225

My journey with dairy/acne

So a few months after coming off acutane. which btw i missed the last month and missed atleast 7 days while on it. I started breaking out pretty bad. I also was eating insanely unhealthy. All the time. So i decided trying to eat kinda healthy which pretty much was just less of the junk i was eating. Then one day i walk to get a bowl of cereal cause i was like hmm i havent had one in awhile. And i noticed my face was pretty clean. So i was like ohh snap, its teh milkz! And then it was goin good. But i eat ALOT OF FOOD. And nearly all of it has cheese. Im talking....3-6 bowls of cereal a day, bacon egg and cheeses alot, pizza, mcdonalds,mac n cheese, chees sandwhich grilled cheese, and everytime i had a home cooked meal it involved some sort of cheese side dish. On top of the fact i ate ALOTTTT of food. I was looking good. Then i had a milk shake and alot of dominoes and cheesy bread. I wake up next day with like 2 pimples near my chin, that night had pizza and cereal and the next morning i had aroud 6 pimples there. Since then ive cut down to no cereal and only like the equivalant of 2 slices of cheese every 2-3 days. My results, Ive got no pimples, literally none. Just red marks left over and its been around 4-5 days. And i plan to keep doing this. I havent changed my life style whatsoever just cut out dairy. So far im pleased and suggest to anyone who has cysts,deep pimples that have heads to try it. Keep in mind for anyone who thinks a few glasses of milk doesnt do anything really. I used to have 2 slices of pizza in school for lunch, bacon egg n cheese after, come home to 2-4 bowls of cerel and dinner with some sort of cheese in it. To practically nothing. And its working. and no im not fat at all. Just a teen who eats alot :D

Dayum your diet sucks lol (sucked) Dont be tricked into thinking you arent fat. You may not be on the outside but the fat that accumulates around the organs is much more critical than having a belly. Got to be careful.

Stick to pure foods, no pizza/fast food AT ALL! On cereal have soya milk/almond milk/goats milk. Lots of fruit and veg. No bacon no grilled cheese just pure pure foods. Your body wasnt designed to run on that crap. Also cut out the cereal, is very lacking in nutritional properties (Well depends on the cereal. If its oatmeal then keep it going!)

Got to look after your body. Youll regret it later if you dont lol

after you stopped taking accutane, how long did it take until you started breaking out bad? i wasn't drinking milk while i was taking antibiotics for my acne (tetracycline). when i stopped taking my antibiotics, i started drinking milk again but for the 1st month and a half i didnt break out. after that my skin went crazy. not sure if it was the milk (because why did it take a month n a half until my skin broke out) or just stress from exam time at school. :S

An update. I was clear and i had Mcdonalds cheese burger and next day had 2 slices of pizza with a choclate milk and today have 3 new pimples. Only 1 cysts though. Im going to stop again with all dairy for the next 2 weeks and see the results. I could be wrong but it seems it doesnt cause the pimples themselves like the studies and stuff say it has hormones which cause oily skin. And thats also what i noticed. seems it takes 2-3 days for the hormones to react. I could be wrong so dont qoute me

keep it up mate, it is hard

i believe my acne is down to wheat and when i cut wheat out i just stop getting cysts/nodules.

theres always alternatives even though they may be expensive sometimes. i did initially think maybe dairy was a cause for me but ive been eating wheat free pizzas and they seem to be fine.

ive read a lot into how hidden food allergies may be the cause of severe acne.. best thing to do is completely eliminate dairy from your diet, after a few months you wont get the cravings anymore, if you just reduce it slightly the cravings will always be there

Urgh i'm begining to think mine is also down to milk. Last thursday i had a hideous sickness bug... couldnt eat properly for about 3 days all i had was toast and banana sandwiches. In that time my skin has literally got sooo much better i cant believe it... last night i decided to have cereal with semi skimmed milk and guess what... within a few hours a lovely new spot and this morning a few more AND i put on nearly a pound... goodbye milk i loved you but it's just not working out between us x

Yes, dairy foods are known to exacerbate acne in some people. Again, it comes back to the hormones. There are loads of hormones in cow milk that you are ingesting.

Doctors will constantly tell you that food has no impact on your skin. But acne sufferers know better. However, eliminating foods like dairy won't fix your condition, it will just alleviate your condition.