Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I'm post-accutane about one year now. I've definitely been breaking out lately. Nothing I do seems to help. I've pretty much tried everything.

I WANT to go back on Accutane but it seems too embarrassing to have to ask my mom to let me go BACK to the dermatologist for a second round. I really want to do it but.... I don't know. Also, if I do go to the dermatologist, who's to say he won't let me back on it and just prescribe me some antibiotic and another topical?

Is it more likely to get back on Accutane if I sort of "demand" it from him?

Explain to him that you tried everything before and it didn't work, so its logical to assume that it won't now. say that since you know you can tolerate accutane, you really would like to give it another go. from what i've read, sometimes the job doesn't get done the first time, so you really need a second round to kick it completely. You shouldn't be embarrassed.. if you've invested all the energy in a first course, i don't see why you should be satisfied if it isn't enough! good luck, and i hope it works out for you!

hah, i did the same thing. A few months ago i told my mom to send me back to the derm cause i was breaking out and didnt want it to take over my face again. I went, they prescribed tetracycline...didn't work, actually I had an allergic reaction to it. So, even tho it's not bad at ALL, I'm on accutane again, cause it is the only thing that works for me. And..it wasn't embarrassing. Acne is embarrassing. In my opinion, anyway. Good luck!

Thanks man. I'm thinking about creating my own Accutane pills in my basement to save myself the embarrassment. Sort of like a meth-lab... except not.

(jk)