Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have large pores and on my cheeks and especially my nose and chin EVERY SINGLE PORE is filled with what I think are whiteheads, but all the research tells me that whiteheads are closed comedones and blackheads are open. These are most definately open and I can literally put my fingernail to them and they come out. Big problem is they come right back again! What are these?! I posted this before, but nobody answered. I've tried microdermabrasion (home kit) and that seems to make my face worse. I've tried Alpha Hydroxy and retin a and many more products, but nothing works.

I've been getting these so often lately - it's like I could scratch my skin and just have clogged pores roll out from under my fingernails. For a while I was using a SA based toner, and it helped a little, but nowhere near to the level I needed it. It could be an oily skin issue, I'm pretty sure that's where it's coming from with me.

Here comes the usual question: What's your regimen?

Morning

Gentle wash with Purpose liquid soap

ProActiv repairing lotion

Clinique CityBlock spf 25 sunblock

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

No 7 Stay Perfect/Almay Clear Complexion foundation combo

Sometimes a face wash in the afternoon

Night time

Gentle wash with Purpose liquid soap

Alpha Hydroxy

ProActiv repairing lotion

Sometimes I use Cetaphil lotion, but my face is very oily (dry sometimes on the sides of my face)

I'm going to stop using the AHA bc it's not doing anything and I've been using it for like 2 months.

Edited by invisable girl

Hrm, that seems like a really solid regimen, actually, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Someone will hop in here soon though and give you more help than I can!