Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
troubledtimes

BENZOYL PEROXIDE - EXFOLIATOR OR AGRREGATOR?

Hi,

Ive just begun using differin, which I have heard is meant to fade pigmentation, but I also use it with BP. I have heard different things, but can some one please help - does BP speed up skin turn over and therefore reduce redness or does it cause spots to remain?? what are we meant to think!

woops, just read other thread which is exactly about this.. lol.. but Im still wondering, even if BP causes healing to slow, wont that be okay since differin is acting in speeding it up? I know a lot of people use this combination

Differin isn't helping to heal pimples quicker, it's causing quicker cell turnover.

Yes a lot of people get them prescribed together and okay to use together., there are people who get clear from this combo.

I used Differin at night and a BP wash day/night. For me Differin and BP was terrible, and I did not get good results. But other people have seen results.

How long have you been using it for? and what type of BP product are you using?

Oh true, yeah Im feeling very nervous about differin with what Ive read, been using differin 3 nights now, and I believe Ive started the initial breakout, its not lookin great. Ive been using Benzac in the morning, and a bit during the day on particular spots, I tend to over do it... plus I started with lemon juice today to help fading some red marks, good idea? thanks

I did use Differin for a while and I found it to be very effective at reducing redness at the time, although I found that the effect faded over time. Just my experience.

haven't tried lemon juice...good idea tho.

i have used 10% bp as an exfoliater i used to exfoliate and exfoliate and did it like crazy, believe you me it worked wonders to my skin, never did i have to worry about pits or scarring forget the red marks, everything used to heal super quick, but its all quite relative and depends upon the type of skin that you have , my skin could bear bp to any amount i gave and i gave it more, but it was quite a thin line i had been walking and there are risk llike thinning your skin, contact dermatitis and all those, now if someone were to ask me about it i would say ..moniter how your skin is reacting and take a break after every three four months and then exfoiliate as much as it is suitable to your skin , give your skin enough time to heal, and foremost ......dont toy with your skin lol!

I see I see thanks man, Im just using it as a spot treatment before I apply differin at night, seems to be working well :D its good to hear something good about BP for once!!