Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This may seem like it doesn't relate to acne but it does. Okay, so I've been a shy person my whole life but my acne lowers my self confidence even more. I've decided though that I can't possibly deal with this shyness anymore. Do you believe that making a facebook might boost my confidence a little? (By the way this wouldn't be the only contributing factor to overcoming my shyness?)

I dont think so, I dont mind talking on the net.. talking irl sucks for me :P

Kip Drordy is the perfect example for why you should make a facebook.

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

The best way to overcome your shyness is to just get out there :). Take the leap. Go out of your comfort zone. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

^ This.

Shyness is perfectly normal for the majority of people, just don't let it get out of hand. The bigger you make it, the worse it gets. It's great that you already acknowledged to do something about it! Overcoming shyness is in fact becoming more comfortable in social situations. Go out if you feel like it and talk to people. Actually: listen to people and be interested in what they have to say. Don't start every sentence with "I", you don't want the focus to be on yourself, that's a proven strategy. The more you talk to people, the more comfortable you'll get. People will even feel comfortable around you, because you're such a self-confident guy (even though that may be hard to believe now). If you feel that creating a Facebook account will help, then by all means: go for it. You don't have to take huge leaps to get where you want to be. Small steps will get you there as well. Good luck, man!