Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SJP

Doctor says Jojoba oil clogs pore?!

I went to my doctor to be placed on a prescription regimen. I told her I was using Jojoba oil with my moisturizer and she said to STOP immediately because Jojoba oil clogs pores. I'm using Retin-A .05% and Doxycycline 100mg 2x day and my skin is EXTREMELY DRY! I need Jojoba oil because it helps, but she said not to! Is there any MEDICAL proof is does not clog pores? Help me!

She might have a point. The comedogenicity (pore clogging) of Jojoba is between 0 and 2. Many dermatologists advise you to stay away from ingredients with a comedogenicity of 3, 4, and 5. If you haven't had any issues with it yet i.e. noticed that it is clogging your pores. I would not worry about it.

I use jojoba maybe 3 times a day and its the only thing that keeps my skin clear....I wouldnt worry about what your doctor says if the jojoba is working for you .....I personally think dermatologists are a joke and a lot of them don't have the competence to offer the breadth of knowledge they claim to have....I had a bad experience with my derm who once wrote me a prescription for generic Duac......generic duac doesn't exist....so i had to go back and tell her she was wrong...she felt really stupid.

I use jojoba maybe 3 times a day and its the only thing that keeps my skin clear....I wouldnt worry about what your doctor says if the jojoba is working for you .....I personally think dermatologists are a joke and a lot of them don't have the competence to offer the breadth of knowledge they claim to have....I had a bad experience with my derm who once wrote me a prescription for generic Duac......generic duac doesn't exist....so i had to go back and tell her she was wrong...she felt really stupid.

Oh wow. Generic duac lol. I concur with your assessment of dermatologists.

jojobo oil caused me to break out terribly and it would never soak into the skin. did anyone else experience this?

I want to use it bc ive heard so much good stuff but it caused a cystic breakout on my back

It did clog my pores. I noticed an increase in comedones on my forehead which is an area where I don't have many skin problems.

What matters is how your skin reacts to it, many people here swear by jojoba seed oil