Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogskinshoelace

has pih ruined anyones life more than mine?

Guest frogskinshoelace

I am a 20 year old male. I got acne around the ages of 13-16, but since that time I have only had minor breakout here or there. The big problem is my awful pih, which cover both cheeks and some of the forehead. I started wearing a little makeup as a temporary fix until I could take care of the pih. 4 years later I am still covering my scars every day. Its gotten to the point that I dont want to go outside, go to any of my classes. I dont know how to bring this situation up to my parents for help, because if I do, I blow my cover. Ive been living this lie for years and I cant live this way anymore. Every minute of every day 24 hours a day 7 days a week for the past few years all I can think about is my scars/makeup. Ive tried everything from puredeming, to applecider, to chemical peels.

Obviously everyone on this forum can empathize with you. We all have red marks in this section and also scars. However, your question is not about curing these, its more psychological for you, and it is blatent that it is "ruining" your life. I used to be exactly the same as you, but theres this one person that made me realise.

Im in high school, some new guy turned up, I was the first to meet him. His cheeks were COVERED in red marks and scars, I felt sooo sorry for him. I thought this guy would be sooo shy and such a unconfident person, but he didnt let his appearance affect his confidence. he is by far the most popular boy in my year, everyone wants to be friends with him, and he's only been here for a few months now...One day in the library I broke down and asked him dude how do u stay so confident with a face like that (i didnt really say that..but it was somewhere along those lines)...and he talked to me for like 20straight minutes about how confidence should come on the inside. Red marks will fade, people don't judge you on appearance, they never have and never will. Those in the minority that do are insecure about something about themselves so try and pick on others to make them better. Anyway, the new guy explained to me how life's too short and he doesn't want to waste his life. When's hes 50 he doesnt want to think what a waste of the first 20 years of my life.

Fair enough they may notice your bad skin at first, but if u remain confident, this all fades, maybe not physically at first, but socially.

Dno if this can be of any help, but its definitely made me more confident. Just think about those out there with NO ARMS, NO LEGS, and yet they are super confident. we all have a few marks on the SURFACE of our anatomy, a superificial flaw.

Have you been to the dermatologist? If not, that is your best bet. If you have darker skin the run of the mill over the counter products are not going to give you the results you are looking for.

It sounds like this is having a very severe impact on you psychologically, almost to the point of an obsession. I'm sure other posters can give much better advice for me as regards actual skin care, but I strongly urge you to seek a mental health professional who you can talk to about this situation and who can help you with coping skills while you seek physical remedies as well.