Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Another unoriginal "this is how I got clear" thread

Too many people throw around the word clear as their status, which in my opinion is blemish free skin and highly unlikely.

Anyways, I have blackheads on my nose, and a few on my forehead, but in terms in visibility, my face appears extremely clear to the point that it looks clear from afar.

I was NOT doing anything special either...I just changed my habits and didn't worry about it. So since January this is what I've done, kept doing consistently, and not even high-sugar/fiber free meals mess up my complexion.

-I have my college classes: M/W/F at 9:05; Tuesday/Thursday 9:30. Consistent sleeping and waking up is extremely important for my functioning. (unlike last year which was either 8AMs or 11AM every other day.

-I weight lift 4-5 times a week, and run 2-4 times a week with increasing my distance often.

-I don't wash my face except water (but I've always done that)

-Dessert is limited to 2-4 times a week. I also gave up soda this year after a relapse last year.

-I increased my protein intake a bit with powder, being a vegetarian and lifting.

-I've cut down on masturbating considerably. It's like once a week or every two weeks, and this is HUGE. Seriously, I'm wondering if this and sleep patterns were the biggest factors.

-Getting sun has helped as well.

But just the basics. It's part of my routine, I don't even think about it and it's gotten me further than anything I've tried.

BTW, I've been binge drinking the last four weekends and it has had no effect on my acne as well.

So:

Better sleep, better exercise, better foods, less masturbating, well-rounded diet...ta-daa. Same ol' same ol' idea as what has been said on here for ages. :)

Edited by bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Too many people throw around the word clear as their status, which in my opinion is blemish free skin and highly unlikely.

Anyways, I have blackheads on my nose, and a few on my forehead, but in terms in visibility, my face appears extremely clear to the point that it looks clear from afar.

I was NOT doing anything special either...I just changed my habits and didn't worry about it. So since January this is what I've done, kept doing consistently, and not even high-sugar/fiber free meals mess up my complexion.

-I have my college classes: M/W/F at 9:05; Tuesday/Thursday 9:30. Consistent sleeping and waking up is extremely important for my functioning. (unlike last year which was either 8AMs or 11AM every other day.

-I weight lift 4-5 times a week, and run 2-4 times a week with increasing my distance often.

-Dessert is limited to 2-4 times a week. I also gave up soda this year after a relapse last year.

-I increased my protein intake a bit with powder, being a vegetarian and lifting.

-I've cut down on masturbating considerably. It's like once a week or every two weeks, and this is HUGE. Seriously, I'm wondering if this and sleep patterns were the biggest factors.

But just the basics. It's part of my routine, I don't even think about it and it's gotten me further than anything I've tried.

BTW, I've been binge drinking the last four weekends and it has had no effect on my acne as well.

So:

Better sleep, better exercise, better foods, less masturbating, well-rounded diet...ta-daa. Same ol' same ol' idea as what has been said on here for ages. :)

Good stuff sticking to the basics :)

What powder are you using? There is pea protein, soya protein and brown rice protein. ( f you dont consume dary) Combine the pea protein and brown rice protein and its just as effective as whey. I know lots of people stick with whey but it can aggravate a lot of people acne wise.

So:

Good stuff sticking to the basics :)

What powder are you using? There is pea protein, soya protein and brown rice protein. ( f you dont consume dary) Combine the pea protein and brown rice protein and its just as effective as whey. I know lots of people stick with whey but it can aggravate a lot of people acne wise.

Straight up whey isolate - sweetened with stevia - chocolate mint. It's really good, and it was recommended on here.

Oh I want to add I drink a 1qt bottle of plain kefir usually twice a week. Each bottle (Lifeway brand) has 10 different strains inside, so it's ******* powerful.

I'm at a very similar place, I just can't maintain a steady sleep schedule. I also rarely masturbate anymore, as I just don't have much desire to although I love having sex. I also binge drink when I go out with friends which is almost every weekend and I normally come out unscathed although it doesn't help. I try and only drink Whiskey sodas though. I'm also not 100% clear, but a lot of the time i'm pretty close.

Edited by andersoj

Unoriginal, but effective. Success stories are always good stories. I need to post one, but I'm lazy and in my free time, I'd much rather burn through some video games, study various things or keep working on the top 100 novels of all time. ;-)