Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've noticed that my back (that was getting a lot better after using AHA for 6 weeks) has now broken out in loads of v small red bumps around the side of my body where my bra touches it! They're all really itchy too - more like a rash. So annoying!

Does anyone else get this and how can us ladies' wear bra's and not iritate our skin? Anyone have any good ideas? :think:

All of my bra's are polyester/polyamide based and I don't think that's great for breathability but I don't think i've ever seen any nice cotton ones?! I refuse to let acne make me wear ugly underwear :snooty:

All I can think of is changing them regularly and not wearing them when we don't need to...

Edited by Mimi1984

Maybe you're having a reaction to whatever laundry detergent you're using?

Edited by lemmy

Thanks for replying :)

Yeh, I thought about that but it is only on my back , mainly at the sides where my bra strap is. It's also not itchy at all anymore (i think the initial itchyness was a psychological thing hehe!), just like goosebumps..If it was detergent wouldn't i get other bits of skin that have a similar type of rash? I should change detergent just in case :think:

Before I started using AHA i also used to get outbreaks mainly around the bra strap areas...but not like these wierd small bumps - just 'normal' spots..

After doing exercise this morning, I am now thinking it is maybe from where my sports leotard top sits....something to do with the bacteria build up there maybe? I do shower straight after getting sweaty (hehe!) but it could be irritating it maybe?!?

Using aloe vera gel to try and calm down the bumps at the moment but I am still using the AHA - not sure if this is a good idea or not but there is no stinging or any other type of irritation so i'm going to carry on and see.

It's a mystery x :rolleyes:

Edited by Mimi1984

Hey! :D

I had a similar problem. So annoying...

Sounds like you just need to moisturize that area, since the AHA is probably drying or irritating to the skin, and then when you bra rubs that area it gets all red and irritated!

I keep that area clear with this amazing product that I read about for body "acne' or blemishes, whatever u want to call it! It's made by Murad, and it's called Clarifying Body Spray. It was actually amazing, started working right away! Best thing I've ever found for annoying pimples and breakouts. And it never ever dryed out my back and I haven't had any problems with a rash or ichyness while using this. It's a 360 spray so it's really easy to apply, I just used it at night and in the morning (or whenever I would come home from work all sweaty from the heat outside).

Good luck !

I posted a link so you can read some more reviews or just check it out!

I also had that problem. I changed my bras to not-so-pretty cotton ones, and it cleared up in about a week or two. Now I just wear my nice bras once in a while. Plus, I think it gets worse if you're sweaty (that means, don't wear it if you're going to exercise) or if the weather is hot. I'm hoping I can go back to wearing my nice bras regularly when winter comes around again. Also make sure you wash your bras thoroughly. It's a pain in the ass, but I handwash mine.