Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I have been a user of this site for a long time but now have decided to post my log as I have restarted the regimen today. I am a UK user. My story so far:

Late Sept 08

Started on the regimen as I had mild/moderate Acne. I used the following products (as we don't have access to Dan's products in the UK:

Cetaphil cleanser,

Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5%

Eucerin Moisuriser.

I remember after about day 2 I was really dry and flaky and sore, but I could see the acne clearing. I seem to remember my skin calming down after about 14 days and eventually after about 6 weeks the flakiness had gone away and was near perfect

I was on the regimen for some time (only stopped 8 weeks ago). I always found the regimen successful although over the 18 or so months I was on it I switched to only Bp'ing at night and changed my moisturiser to simple light.

I also experimented with AHA moisturiser to get rid of marks with no success. However, generally it was very good. The only reason I stopped was because my face was starting to get a bit red so I though "well they probably wont come back" I was reluctant because I knew the pain re starting would cause (redness and dryness all over again!)

From then, I just cleansed and moisturised twice daily. However, I thought if acne came back, I had heard good reviews about Quinoderm facewash and would use that. About 4 weeks later the acne started creeping back so I used the Quinoderm facewash. After 3 weeks on this, things were getting worse, not better and painful, inflamed spots were appearing. I was going to carry on with the facewash a bit longer but the final straw was Saturday just gone when I felt another massive spot coming through and thought "that's it" I started the regimen again last night (Sunday). I used a small amount of BP. I thought I would built up because although my skin had been used to BP in the past, I wasn't going to risk being on the full amount straight away. I did the regimen and went bed,

i woke up in the middle of the night (4 a.m ish) and felt my face was sore. When I woke up this morning, my face was red and blotchy. I couldn't believe the side effects were happening straight away! Also, I noticed that one of my particularly sore patches was wet. If I wiped it away it came back. Not sure what this is? anyway, that has dryed over with a slightly orange dead skin look. Not sure why - didn't have this first time around. I am only doing the BP on the evening now.

Looking back, coming off the regimen was a poor decision as I have to go through all the initial pain again. I hope it works for me this time. I may have to consider changing to Quinoderm Bp at some point, because as I said, towards the end of my last regimen stint, my skin was red all of a sudden and I know some people have said Panoxyl can do this and that Quinoderm is a better product

Day one - sore, noticably red and dry in places have moisturised a few times. Dinner time now and my face feels smooth (where it is not dry) and hot to touch. Spots are looking better though.

Fingers crossed....

Thanks.

I have just been watching some of the videos and I think I used a bit too much BP last night even though it didn't seem like a lot (just goes to show how much you end up on!) I'm still holding out hope that I've done this before so I'll do it again! I've just gotta remember that I'll look a lot better in about 4 weeks time!

Day two:

as I said in previous post. I had used too much BP on night one and my face was really red yesterday. So I went back to basics last night and read all the guides and everything again (it has been a while since I read them first time round).

Last night I used the recommended amount of BP for starting up.

I woke up this morning and instantly my face didn't feel as hot or sore as yesterday. I looked in the mirror and it didn't look as red or sore as yesterday either. There had been a small breakout of three tiny whiteheads which have now dried up. Some other spots had dried up too. A couple of the big ones that have been under my skin for a few days are swelling and are sore. Also, there has been some clearing where I had those spots which come to a head, scab over, the scab falls off but the bump is still there.

My face is a little sore and tight but I think I have seen marginal improvements.

Onwards.....

Edited by slash_gnr3k

Day three:

Last night, when applying moisturiser after the BP, it stung like hell and my face went really red. I thought I was in for it this morning but had a surprise when I woke up and my face was less red than yesterday when I woke up!.

My face was starting to feel a little dry. I moisturised a lot more through the day today, maybe 6 or 7 times in total as my skin is feeling tight and starting to flake in places. My acne seems to be clearing up in places and drying out elsewhere. Not going so bad *touches wood* some of the spots that were sore yesterday have become less so throughout the day today.

Day five:

My skin doesn't look any where near as red as it has done this week and looks more even. I have been experiencing flaking and tightness. The redness and such is definitely improving. I am aiming to increase BP on day 10.

Some of the acne has been "waiting" to come through for a while has started showing and its quite sore I had "new" spot yesterday, which has thankfully gone. Fingers still crossed!

day eight:

Over the weekend my skin seems to have taken to the regimen really well, the redness,soreness, tightness and dryness are as good as gone. However, acne still remains and has improved slightly. Its time to up the BP. Also, tonight I will be applying to my whole face (I have just been applying around my mouth and did so for the last year of my previous regimen) However, I have started breaking out on my face and since my skin has adapted well to the regimen I might as well spread out further. I can feel things getting better and I need to be patient!

Edited by slash_gnr3k

Day thirteen,

Its been a few days since I updated and generally things have been going well. My skin isn't majorly red, you can only notice it up close. My skin is not as tight but it slightly flaky and dry in places. I am now using BP all over my face and there hasn't really been any adverse reaction to that. I have upped the BP but I will need to do so again in a few days. Generally my acne has been ok. Some of the spots have dried up and gone. However, I have four that have been there a while, keep drying out but keep coming back. I need to stop fiddling with my face because it isn't helping. I think on day 16 I will be upping BP again ever so slightly. I think these spots will have dried by day 15 so I will just have to not play with the scabs at that time because I have been doing a lot of that. PATIENCE!

Day eighteen,

I have upped the BP as I said I would in my last post. It has caused a little tightness and flakiness as I expected. One spot came through on Saturday (A double header - the one that drove me back to regimen that's been brewing for a week or two) and the scab fell off today. Another one showed its rather ugly face on Monday and popped on Tuesday which has left a very small scab which is still there. Generally, things are clearing up, I have a lot of red marks which I know will go in time. I have just been in the shower and I gently rubbed off the dead, flaky skin in areas where I have no active acne and feel better for it. I've just got to wait for these few that are kicking around to clear then hopefully I will be well on my way. If I look back to the day I started though (alnost three weeks ago now) my skin is looking a lot better. I think in another three weeks I will see a large improvement from now. I remember last time things were looking great at weeks 6, I was just struggling with flakes which I managed to rid about 3 months in. Generally I'm feeling very positive and optimistic!

Day twenty five

Very few spots on my face. It is looking a lot clearer now. I have on my chin that came through on Sunday and felt like it was going to be MASSIVE but in the end it wasn't that bad. It is now a scab. I have one that is just kind of a lump under the skin at the side of my nose - i've had this before, it won't come to a head, it will disappear in about 10 days. Today I felt two on my chin (my problem area) coming through which was disappointing because I had had no new acne for about 4 days (longest in a long time) My skin isn't really flaky anymore but is still a little red, particularly on the bridge of my nose (a difficult area due to it being so close to the eyes!)

Things are definately on the up! (touch wood)

Edited by slash_gnr3k

Day Thirty nine,

so after I wrote that last post I had a massive breakout as you'd expect. Probably the biggest since I stoppoed the regimen in the first place. I had about six small whiteheads at the side of my mouth. Towards the end of last week, they had all dried up and the scabs were falling off. The big lump beside my nose had gone also. Earlier this week, i felt a new spot under the skin and one on my lip (had that before) The lip spot came through Monday and the scab fell off Tuesday but it is back with a vengenace today along with 3 new spots. It seems I just can't keep clear. I may have to consider BP twice a day. Everytime I have upped the BP so far my skin has coped well. Currently it is not red and not very dry.

Will keep posting

Day forty seven,

After my last post, I broke out around my mouth again (day 44). I decided to apply BP twice a day. In the mornings i have been using less than half of what I use at night. It seems to be working well. At the moment I only have one whitehead on my face. The spots seemed to fry up quickly and my skin looks good. It is quite tight and a bit red. Hopefully my skin will adapt in a few days...