Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

Are any of you reacting badly to NIGHTSHADES?

Nightshades such as tomatoes, potatoes etc can promote inflammation. I am just wondering has ANY of you actually noticed that? I have no idea how big % of people are vulnerable to this, but I guess it's a really small number.

Just trying to calculate the odds of me being sensitive to nightshades. Thinking about eating tomatoes again, maybe even potatoes.

Edited by hesitation

I eat tomatoes and bell peppers ALL of the time. I almost always put tomato in my salads and eat red peppers on a very regular basis.

It has yet to affect my skin. Potatoes, however, do - but I'm guessing that's because they're pretty high on the GI scale.

I love cherry tomatoes. I even remember how they tasted. Had to cut them out due to the candida diet that I am no longer on. Thanks for your input. :)

I eat lots of eggplant. For a while I was suspecting tomato as a possible cause for me, but I'm pretty sure they're fine. Especially homegrown!! Store-bought tomatoes are often picked green and artificially ripened. Maybe this leaves more of the inflammatory compounds intact? I don't know, but they certainly don't taste as good as homegrowns.

Edited by Drizzler

When I eat tomatoes I get acne around my mouth. I avoid eating eggplants as well as potatoes. Actually I'm following a diet plan according to my blood type and I can say it has worked for me. Avoiding all the stuff that, according to the diet I'm not supposed to eat has led me to a much more clear face.

Dunno if tomatoes give me acne, but I get canker sores soon after eating anything with tomato in it so I avoid them anyway.