Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadd13

what exfoliation to be used while on differin?

my derm suggested it will help fade my red marks but i was just wondering what is safe and wont make me break out? im currently on minocycline, differin, cetaphil face wash and cetaphil moisturiser as my routine and thinking of adding an exfoliator? do you guys recommend aspirin mask or will honey break me out????

How long have you been using that regimen?

Are you currently actively breaking out?

Are you having lots of flakes/peeling?

I would stay away from anything harsh or extra while on Differin.

When I was using Differin used a cotton ball and cetaphil in light circular motions to "exfoliate". I dont think its a good idea to get extra friction on your face while you're using a retinoid.

Sorry I don't know anything about aspirin or honey masks.

i have been on it for 6 months now :):)

it has improved heaps so i never relise if a moisturiser is breaking me out but the way it works if i dont moisturise for 2-3 days strait i get patches on my face (dried but not too intence) and it kinda spreads to my neck the dryness, i see in ur regimen you use olay complete, hows that? because i think i used it for 2 months and it broke me out every now and then and now im on cetaphil im not to sure but i think most cream based breaks me out so im going to go without it for couple days and see if i break out, butt ye lately i've been developing a couple of new whiteheads every 2 days or so but it could be that the mino after 6 months has stopped working for me, thanks for your feedback

i think most cream based breaks me out so im going to go without it for couple days and see if i break out, butt ye lately i've been developing a couple of new whiteheads every 2 days or so but it could be that the mino after 6 months has stopped working for me, thanks for your feedback

I know exactally how you feel on this one. anything i use a cream based product for moisturizer i end up developing a few small white heads, nothing horrible, but enough to be annoying. Have you tried jojoba oil? it works really well and is not cream based. just a few drops at night and if you need too a few during the day. ive been doing this but recently have developed a few new pimples but it could be cause differin has not fully cleared me yet either. but its worth a shot!