Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayley UK

Feeling sorry for myself...

Hey guys,

Sorry this is going to be a rather repetitive post...one that everyone has probably read a thousand times before, but I need to vent a bit (and it's long too so sorry!).

Acne is the one thing that I feel I can't talk to my friends or family about, which I find quite strange when I think about it as at the end of the day, it's just spots right? Wrong.

It's weird how something so unimportant in this world affects people's view of life so badly. I've battled with acne since I was 14. I'm now 23 and after a year or so of being completely clear thanks to Dianette, the spots are back with a vengeance. Since the age of 14 I've suffered with crippling shyness and such low self esteem. In the 'spot free' year that I had, I was a completely different person. I started going out with friends, got a good job, received compliments on my clear skin almost everyday and really felt like I could start living my life, I even thought about travelling the world (after saving a hell of a lot of money!! :angel: ).

I had to come off Dianette (BC pill) as if you're on it too long it can cause blood clots etc. Now i'm on Yasmin which is supposed to be a birth control pill that helps skin. It has done the complete opposite with me. I've been on it for around 3 or 4 months and my skin is now back to where it was in my teen years. I'm so upset and fed up. I have loads of spots all over my chin, yellow heads and loads of bumps underneath the skin which are all hormone related I think?!

I used PanOxyl 2.5 Aquagel thinking it might help and thats just totally burnt my skin so now I literally have a bright red, flakey burn on my chin as well as spots. I'm currently sitting upstairs too scared to go downstairs and show my make up free face to even my family. I've just called into work sick because of my skin. I feel hopeless. It just feels like life has been ripped away from me once again. It feels stupid and vain to feel this way when it's all down to something on your face but I cant help it and i'm terrified of it getting even worse. I just don't know what to do.

Sorry it's so long and pretty boring but it's made me feel a bit better regardless. xx

I'm 19 and didn't go college today cause I look messed up, I got acne when i was 14 and havn't lived a day since, I remember when life was so care free and going to school would be a pleasure, I hate college now.

I cut out loads of things from my diet and my family says how i am getting thin but I say fuck it, if my body wants to screw me over then I'll screw it over. No treats for you!

i ejust wanna live what other people take for granted everyday

I burned my face with that stuff too, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/It-s-me-b...er-t252610.html

I used panoxyl 10% all over without moisturizing and it fuckkkedme upp

Edited by masg

I'm 19 and didn't go college today cause I look messed up, I got acne when i was 14 and havn't lived a day since, I remember when life was so care free and going to school would be a pleasure, I hate college now.

I cut out loads of things from my diet and my family says how i am getting thin but I say fuck it, if my body wants to screw me over then I'll screw it over. No treats for you!

i ejust wanna live what other people take for granted everyday

I burned my face with that stuff too, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/It-s-me-b...er-t252610.html

I used panoxyl 10% all over without moisturizing and it fuckkkedme upp

Hey man,

Thanks for replying. That PanOxyl is deadly, i'm not a huge fan of BP, don't think that something that makes your skin that red is good!! and omg if u are using it MOISTERISE lol!!!

I've cheered up a bit since that post, been to work and tried forgetting about it. Hope you've been going to college and getting out there.

Hey Hayley :)

I'm 19 and I've been using Panoxyl Acnegel 10% since I was 15...I got put on Aquagel for a year instead and it just made it worse, it's water based and just pure fucks up your skin. Go for Acnegel as opposed to Aquagel if you can - and don't go too crazy with it, when I was 16 I started shedding my facial skin like a snake haha I used the stuff waayyy too much. It's best when used once a day, sometimes twice. And don't mix moisteuriser with it - I've heard of people doing it, and I tried it for a while but it made it worse in the end and was horrible. As for the birth control; birth control is an either way drug, as in there's a 50% chance it'll make your skin clear up or a 50% chance it'll break out like crazy.

I say use the BP for now (acnegel if you can) but apply it safely, don't go mad like moisteurizer or facewash, you need like the tiniest bit on your finger haha and if it still persists, try to go back onto Dianette - it's only linked with bloodclotting and DVT when cocktailed with things like contraceptives. Used on it's own it'll do you no harm :)

Hope you start to feel more confident again!