Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskintomorrow

PULSE Dosage Accutane Log

Hello!

I am 26, male, I stand 5'8 tall and I weigh 71kg.

I've been suffering acne since i was 14.

I've been under the ff treatments :

Glycolic Acid Peeling every week x 6 weeks with Acne surgery plus the ff meds : Tretinoin Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and bleach cream plus Minocycline antibiotic.

Acne was gone. But it came back. I tried the BP regimen here. It helped a little. I became red but clear.

Right now I am in my mid 20s, I went to a doctor. He said I can take the Pulse Dosaging of acnetrex/accutane.

I am on my 5th day. 2days to go and MY next dosage will be next month again.

Pulse dosaging is like this: You need to take .1 to .5 mg of Isotretinoin orally per kg body weight. so If I am 71 kg, I must take 35 to 40 mg per day for 7 days first week of the month. so I am in my 5th day.

I am just scared that maybe this is not effective. It keeps my oil at bay. I just wanna ask for any comment from anyone out there. Im totally depressed.

I wish it will work, I cannot buy 4 packs a month. for 8 months. =( 10mg accutane. =(

please message me.

I've never heard of this pulse dosing, either. I don't know your situation, but if you're not satisfied with it, maybe try and go to a different doctor for a straight-up full dose of accutane?

:doubt::shifty::rolleyes::surprised::drool:

Hello!

I am 26, male, I stand 5'8 tall and I weigh 71kg.

I've been suffering acne since i was 14.

I've been under the ff treatments :

Glycolic Acid Peeling every week x 6 weeks with Acne surgery plus the ff meds : Tretinoin Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and bleach cream plus Minocycline antibiotic.

Acne was gone. But it came back. I tried the BP regimen here. It helped a little. I became red but clear.

Right now I am in my mid 20s, I went to a doctor. He said I can take the Pulse Dosaging of acnetrex/accutane.

I am on my 5th day. 2days to go and MY next dosage will be next month again.

Pulse dosaging is like this: You need to take .1 to .5 mg of Isotretinoin orally per kg body weight. so If I am 71 kg, I must take 35 to 40 mg per day for 7 days first week of the month. so I am in my 5th day.

I am just scared that maybe this is not effective. It keeps my oil at bay. I just wanna ask for any comment from anyone out there. Im totally depressed.

I wish it will work, I cannot buy 4 packs a month. for 8 months. =( 10mg accutane. =(

please message me.

I'm on pulse treatment of Accutane as well. Previously, my GP put me on Accutane 10mg once a day, but didn't really give me any strict instructions on how to use it, didn't really seem to give a damn about how I was using it either. My acne kept coming back as a result.

Recently, I decided to visit a proper dermatologist and she offered me this treatment instead, saying that if it didn't work then we might need to a fuller dosage. I hope it works! I think what is really important is to follow the dates strictly and make sure to take the Accutane not one day less or one day too late, if not you will have to start the cycle all over again. The reason why there is a 3 week break in between weekly cycles is because Accutane remains in the system for one month, which is why my dermatologist stressed that I MUST take it exactly 3 weeks after if not it will pass from my system and all the bacteria will start to form again.