Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xwan

Anyone have luck cutting out Benzoyl peroxide?

So I've been trying to stop using BP completely and see what happens. But as of now I'm just using it on areas where I feel pimples forming, or pimples that haven't entirely gone away. The left side of my cheek has NO pimples.. and therefore haven't been using BP my right side and my chin do and i have been using bp and another pimple is forming on my chin. and im just ridding of 1 on my right cheek.... anyone tried to stop using BP all together? and had success/worsening of acne? I'm 23 and and been using BP for about 5 years... at first it was very helpful... but I also had more teenage/oily type acne now i just get a few pimples but a lot of times they seem to be big, somtimes not coming to a head.

oh ya. i use neutragena on the spot

It is not recommended to stop BZ completely if you are still getting acne. Stopping will make you get more acne.

If you are like me who hate BZ which can cause skin dry and age, you can try honey and Manuka honey Active or UMF. The higher the Active or UMF the better. Higher just mean is more antibacterial. Normal organic or raw honey from the grocery store can also work but slower. You can drink and do facial with honey. You can do some research on Honey for skin on Youtube.com. I normally would use a gentle cleanser on the face. Pat dry the skin. After shower, I just do honey facial and leave it on as long as I can, usually, 1 to 2 hour and 1 or 2 times a days. Wash the honey off with hot water and apply a non-clogged moisturizer. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and feeling way better. I usually get 1 to 3 pimples almost every day. After doing it, I only get 1 small pimples like once a while.

Another thing I just found interesting is a technique called Oil Pulling which can help cleanse your mouth bacteria, which can also help your skin acne, healthier teeth and whitening teeth. Again you can do research.

If you want to go all the way. Change your eating habit to more uncooked natural food like vegetable, grain, and fruit. Drink water, juice, chlorophyll, green tea, and honey.

It may be a big expensive to get those stuff, but the result you get is much faster and more healthy.

Hey, I'm 23 too, and also thought perhaps my acne had cleared up, and more recently I stopped using BP in December to rather disastrous results.

I did attempt to wean myself off of it, so unlike some other people who suddenly stop BP, I did not experience any immediate break outs. In fact, for weeks my skin was clear.

THEN... it started to get bad. It wasn't as bad as it has been before in my life, but my skin looked like I was 13 again (clogged pores and smaller lesions).

I should add, I was doing everything else required in the regimen, which for me includes AHA and jojoba oil.

Still, after my break outs I thought maybe if I wait it out patiently things will get better and my face would clear up, albeit slowly.

It did not.

Finally, I gave up, went back to BP three weeks ago, and my skin has almost cleared up 100%.

that freaks me out... but i feel like i should at least try it for a month.. just been breaking out like crazy lately dont know why.. a month + now has been worse than ive had it in years

Hey-- I'm in a pretty similar situation. I'm 22 and I've been on the regimen since I was 18. I just tried cutting out the BP since I was traveling for 4 days without BP and didn't break out. So I figured I'd see what would happen. My skin stayed clear for about a week, and then I got TERRIBLE breakouts. I started up again last week and it hasn't entirely cleared yet.

I suppose if you must know whether you really need the BP you could try cutting it out...but make sure you go into it with a plan in terms of how long you want to stick it out if you get breakouts.

Guest T.M.

I've tried it a few times with bad results. I'm 34 and have been on the regimen for 10 years. I stopped last year for about 10 days and my face was breaking out for about 2 months afterwards even after I started back. It used to get me down thinking I might have to do this for the rest of my days but it doesn't really bother me anymore.

i hate the idea of using BP for the rest of my life, let alone worry about washing twice a day and still getting acne when not 1 of my friends even does ANYTHING for their skin. I have a buddy who barely ever washes his face and has the clearest skin ever, he freaks out about 1 pimple every three months....

The problem i have is my skin doesnt seem like it wants to adjust to higher dosages of BP. i get very red skin and have to moisturize about three times plus jojoba just so my skin doesnt overdry and get worse. the idea of using a finger length makes my skin quiver.