Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MattWBradbury

Adding Lauric-acid to the Regimen?

Research over at the University of San Diego have found that the acid, which is found in breast milk, can "cure" acne

What an article! Yes, they "found" many things, but since they have not begun human trials, we're left to guess where they "found" these results? On pigs? On rats? In a test tube?

The abstracts of the relevant articles give no indication that the slightest testing on acne symptoms has ever happened, just test tube measurements on the efficacy of this approach to delivering an anti-biotic. "cure" seems to be breathless hyperbole based on wishful thinking.

I believe the non-soluable nature of the acid was mitigated with the use of nano particles. I'm hoping for an acne fighting revolution because I hate the stiffness of benzoyl peroxide; I wake up in the morning and can't even open my mouth wider than an animatronic puppet at Disneyland.

Funny...I just posted a topic on this yesterday...Maybe it could be a cure? Maybe not..Who knows..You should check mine out too,please.

I'm not completely sure this would be a cure. I know those gold nanoparticles will be sticky around for a long time though. Maybe it would be a once a month thing instead of a twice a day regiment.

That's an amazing find. Here's the full link.

Summary:

A solution (which appears to be directly applied to the skin) contains nanoparticles that lyse (or shred apart) bacteria that causes and is associated with acne. As the particles are only attracted to those specific bateria, many of the conventional side effects are avoided.

Edited by MattWBradbury