Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. There some several topics on Emu Oil throughout the message boards, and I wanted to provide my own unbiased review.

Now, to knock off the confusion of buying emu oil. Some people complain about the smell. Personally, the one I used, I bought from ebay. It was 100% refined from Australia, and there was NO smell. I sniffed it up close, through the bottle, tried to find a scent after applying a generous amount to my face. No smell at all. Other brands may have smells, I don't know.

Now, I suffered from Acne (Korean Skin Color, slightly tan) and skin is still prone to acne. However, I am controlling it under a very strict mindset and regimen. I don't let the sun EVER touch my face. I carry a notebook around with me at all times outside and cover my face. I also wear spf 55 sunblock by Neutrogena (the dry-touch, ultra sheer). I NEVER touch my face with anything unless applying cleanser in the shower, which I do 2x a day, just like how Dan applies cleanser (using Dan's Cleanser). I pat dry with a clean towel that's designated just for my face. I only apply moisturizer and sunblock during the day. However, at night, I apply emu oil generously all over my face.

Reason why I stopped using BP, although it was very good for acne, was that I noticed the red marks/ hyperpigmentation would not go away (this is 8 months after the acne was gone).

Emu Oil feels really nice. It will keep anyone moisturized guaranteed, no matter how dry your skin is. It doesn't feel thick at all, it feels like wearing a normal moisturizer (comparing to Cetaphil Ultra-Hydrating Daily Moisturizer)

Now, after 3 weeks of use every night and washing it off in the morning, my redness has subsided 100%. The marks turned slightly tan, and those marks are lightening every day I use it.

Now, one thing to note. If you apply moisturizer onto your skin and look at yourself in the mirror an hour later, you will notice that your skin looks very clean and flushed. This is a lighting effect. Don't know the exact physics, but that's not your *true and natural* look of your skin. I am giving this review based on what my skin looks like AFTER I wash the emu oil off, and waiting an hour without nothing on my face.

For people worrying about emu oil causing breakouts. I find this very hard to believe. Although the major component of emu oil is Oleic acid, I believe that if you use this before you go to bed, and sleep upright so that you don't rub your face over the pillow, it won't clog your pores. First of all, your hormone levels are way down because you are asleep, you aren't moving, you aren't getting sun, you aren't sweating. I strongly believe it won't break you out. This brings me to my recommendation to use it only at night. I think it is too oily to be used during the day anyways.

I have not broken out for the 3 weeks I have been using Emu Oil, so I know definitely it doesn't irritate my skin in any way.

Give it a go, it really is a nice product.

Hi! How are you still doing with the EMU OIL? I just purchased a bottle today at my organic shop near my house. I bought it mainly for two reasons. One: Major irritation and chemical burn from using retin a micro, and Two: Acne

The irritation and burn left my skin dry and looking like i got a bad sunburn, and the acne just is popping up all over my forehead, but the acne looks more like a rash then pimples.

So i hear so many pros and cons about EMU OIL and how it can clog pores, and that no oil should be used for skin that is prone to acne, but i am at ends wit with this acne, and I am Italian with olive skin, so whenever i get a pimple, it leaves a dark mark behind, and the BP would help dry up my spots, but make my skin look so grey and unhealthy looking.

For this reason i opted to try the retin a micro, but i tried the .1% and for the first 3 days, since I did well and was not peeling, i continued to use it, leading to waking up one morning with peeling skin everywhere that was so red underneath.

I have high hopes for the EMU OIL!!

I sure hope it works!

Please keep up to date about your experience with EMU!

Thanks

Hi! How are you still doing with the EMU OIL? I just purchased a bottle today at my organic shop near my house. I bought it mainly for two reasons. One: Major irritation and chemical burn from using retin a micro, and Two: Acne

The irritation and burn left my skin dry and looking like i got a bad sunburn, and the acne just is popping up all over my forehead, but the acne looks more like a rash then pimples.

So i hear so many pros and cons about EMU OIL and how it can clog pores, and that no oil should be used for skin that is prone to acne, but i am at ends wit with this acne, and I am Italian with olive skin, so whenever i get a pimple, it leaves a dark mark behind, and the BP would help dry up my spots, but make my skin look so grey and unhealthy looking.

For this reason i opted to try the retin a micro, but i tried the .1% and for the first 3 days, since I did well and was not peeling, i continued to use it, leading to waking up one morning with peeling skin everywhere that was so red underneath.

I have high hopes for the EMU OIL!!

I sure hope it works!

Please keep up to date about your experience with EMU!

Thanks

Hey! I am using this every night and I know for sure it doesn't break me out since I didn't get a single breakout. I can't tell you what wonders this does in skin growth. It's like the skin grows "over' the scar marks, I don't know.

Good luck with emu oil! use it every day!

My review after one and a half month of application:

EMU Oil is definately a breakthrough in help preventing/reducing acne that forms with a bump. Upon application, the acne does not "magically" go away, infact nothing in the world does that except photoshop but it helps with acne marks/scars at a ridiculous rate. You will notice reduction in marks/scars in about a week and continued usage, the marks will probably disappear from your skin. That's my personal experience with emu oil.

However, it does not help with super old marks/scars effectively as it does not penetrate deep into the pores, so you are better off with laser/IPL or whatever machine treatment if you suffer from marks/scars that have aged through time.

EMU OIL VERDICT:

Against new pimples and marks: 9/10

Against new scars: 8/10

Against aged marks/scars: 5/10 (Helps but takes forever like any other products)

Against aged acne: 5/10 (Suffering from one that is deep, does not seem to help well enough)

PLUS+ Does not clog pores or cause breakout

MINUS- Kind of sticky, don't use it in the middle of the day for no good reason

i'm going to start using this on my new red marks. i have some gauze that i cut into little squares that cover the mark. then i soak the gauze in emu oil and place it on my mark. i'm not rubbing it all over my face, only on specific marks. i'm going to wear this to bed and any time i am in the house/don't have to go out. will let you know how it goes!

maybe its so effective because you are clear of acne like you mentioned.

for me I'm doing the BP+moisturizer during the day and using emu oil exclusively at night. Im dealing with random acne spots n pigmentation so I have to combat both.

Hey man, Ive got these damn purple spots on my face (white skinned) but theyre only about 2 or 3 weeks old, will emu oil help theses go away?? it seems like theyre too deep and not simply on the skins surface, it sucks. Im very concerned about BP right now..

i'm going to start using this on my new red marks. i have some gauze that i cut into little squares that cover the mark. then i soak the gauze in emu oil and place it on my mark. i'm not rubbing it all over my face, only on specific marks. i'm going to wear this to bed and any time i am in the house/don't have to go out. will let you know how it goes!

since i posted this i've used the emu oil non stop, all of the marks are now pink. i am happy with the results but will stick with it another week to see if i can get them down to an even lighter pink or a close to skin color as possible.

I have some red marks left from about a month or 2 ago. Will this take care of it? Or have those marks been there too long? They arent scars...just red marks

First post, this is exciting!

I've been using emu oil for 6 days now and haven't really noticed any amazing results. I really wanted to love it, though I am not blown away with the results. This could be because the scars I've got are atleast 7 months old. I am extremely hopeful, because they are not as purple as they were before (I'm really pale, so any little spot is extremely obvious!). I've been putting it on morning and night. I have extremely oily skin, and this decreases the oil production, which is why I love it (it's also SO moisturising!). It hasn't broken me out. All in all, it's pretty good. :dance:

I'm sorry for not responding to all you guys, I didn't know people were actually responding. Someone sent me a PM about where I get my emu oil. Here is the ebay seller: *MODERATOR EDIT - READ THE BOARD RULES*

YEP EMU Oil is a godsend, I have used it on my red marks for a week and they have dramatically lightened up. The product I have used is Care line's Emu Oil Cream with Jojoba & Vitamin E. I urge anyone to give this a try! I bought mine on E bay

You can get it from here:

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110547861759&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

GOOD LUCK~

Hi, I have been using Careline EMU oil cream with jojoba OIL & Vitamin E with success. Its been only two days and my red marks have lightened up significantly. I previously tried 100% aloe Vera gel without success.

I got mine on E-bay. Just type "Careline Emu Oil cream" -

Good luck