Notifications
Clear all

Wrinkles from benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@scarface1983)

Posted : 04/18/2010 5:49 pm

An area of my face started to get really dry and slightly wrinkled shortly after i started using duac gel for acne. At first, i thought it may be temporary but it's been over 6 months since i last used it and the dryness and wrinkles persist. I am 21 so this should not be normal.

I'm sure it was the benzoyl peroxide in the duac, as other people have reported the same problems in the use of BP.

Nothing works. Moisturizers, oilve oil, nothing. I'm worried this may be permanent damage.

Any help appreciated

MemberMember
(@macbeth)

Posted : 04/29/2010 2:47 pm

I had this when i used Bp initially. Its not permenant. Perhaps you should use it less often. Try aloe vera and a reallly intensive, but non-comedogenic moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@davidst)

Posted : 04/29/2010 5:17 pm

^ thats what everybody around here seems to say

even though you clearly said you stopped using it for 6 months, lol

i got a forehead wrinkle from bp. its permanent. possibly a retioid (sp) like differin can plump it back up

MemberMember
(@scarface1983)

Posted : 05/06/2010 10:20 am

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else had any experience with this?

MemberMember
(@corsair)

Posted : 05/06/2010 4:01 pm

Nope. But I do know that Peroxide in the formula is an oxidazing agent, that helps kill bacteria but also may cause some skin damage (it depends on the use and percentage). Like too much sun exposure. So I use BP on the spot mostly.

MemberMember
(@nickay213)

Posted : 05/06/2010 4:07 pm

Very strange my wrinkles disappeared after a week of proper moisturizing

MemberMember
(@scarface1983)

Posted : 05/17/2010 11:35 am

Nope. But I do know that Peroxide in the formula is an oxidazing agent, that helps kill bacteria but also may cause some skin damage (it depends on the use and percentage). Like too much sun exposure. So I use BP on the spot mostly.

Do you know if the damage is usually permanent?

MemberMember
(@maisondavinho)

Posted : 05/30/2018 1:17 am

It happened to me. But even worse.
i used it on my temples and cheeks for only one night.
after that my skin has never been the same.
its wrinkly, thinned, shiny some places,
enlarged pores, pores/holes Which i didnt have before - basically my skin now looks like orange peel, terrible texture.
besides that it has damaged my skin barrier, it keeps getting inflamed, irritated Where i used the BP and Its now been 4 months since. I dont know What to do anymore...