Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

Washing with Ponds Cold Cream

I'm wondering if I should wash with ponds cold cream tonight? I'm currently taking 50mg of spironolactone and my face is dehydrated beyond belief. I'm normally slightly dry with clogged pores so i dont want to clog them even more with the ponds. I've used it in the past and it calming which is what i need right now. I used aveeno calming cleanser for dry skin and even that irritated me. I then needed to use grapeseed oil to rehydrate again. any ideas what's gentle enough to wash with until my skin heals from this

Don't use greasy cold cream. It will clog the pores more. I came across this site called myskin.com. There you can enter your skin profile and get personalized product recommendations suitable to your skin type.

I would suggest not using Pond's Cold Cream if you are having problems with clogged pores. Several of the ingredients in it are comedogenic (clog pores).

Here is the ingredient list: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ceresin, Sodium Borate, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomer.

If you're looking for a gentle cleanser, try CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. It's both gentle and hydrates your skin (without leaving a greasy feeling). I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't bother me.

ok so no to the cold cream. I in fact used the CeraVe cleanser and EVEN that left my skin dry, taut, and flakey all over!! I'm at a loss how to treat because my pores are soooo congested in my chin area and corners of my mouth. Some are plugged with dry hard skin, while others are plugged with a small tiny little dots that when i use an extractor on them a little white string like substance comes out. By the next day some are filled back up again!!! I've tried BHA"s, differin, ziana, bp and nothing at all but it doesnt alleviate them. After i washed with CeraVe, i used grapeseed oil to moisturize but even that wasnt enough..I find when I used jojoba i break out more in those little white dots. How do you treat dry, dehyrated skin that plugs up because its not shedding properly?

ok so no to the cold cream. I in fact used the CeraVe cleanser and EVEN that left my skin dry, taut, and flakey all over!! I'm at a loss how to treat because my pores are soooo congested in my chin area and corners of my mouth. Some are plugged with dry hard skin, while others are plugged with a small tiny little dots that when i use an extractor on them a little white string like substance comes out. By the next day some are filled back up again!!! I've tried BHA"s, differin, ziana, bp and nothing at all but it doesnt alleviate them. After i washed with CeraVe, i used grapeseed oil to moisturize but even that wasnt enough..I find when I used jojoba i break out more in those little white dots. How do you treat dry, dehyrated skin that plugs up because its not shedding properly?

I just started using ponds cold cream and wish i'd tried it years ago. the theory is it doesn't strip the oils from your skin so your skin calms down and doesn't try to replace the oil you stripped off with your cleansing product. i just smear the stuff all over, work it around a bit and use a clean damp washcloth to remove it. my face feels marvelously soft and not at all greasy. i do this morning and night. i do it twice in the pm if i have worn makeup that day. maybe your skin will respond by softening up so that the stuff underneath can come out. i use the ponds and then merlot face cream (it has grape seed and is fantastic) and that's it. my skin hasn't looked this good in years. i tried spironolactone too and it did nothing for me, but if your skin is worse after using it...anyway i heard it takes at least a 100 to 200 mg dose to do anything. good luck...i know how frustrating this is but i finally caught a break and wanted to share in case it would help anyone else. :dance: