Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryan10

is this good granola to take right before taking my accutane pill

Would this be considered a good breakfast before school to take with accutane

Maple Pecan

100% pure and natural granola. Maple Pecan is a delicious blend of whole grain oats, nutrient-rich praline pecans and sweetened naturally with real maple syrup. Praline pecans are lightly coated with agave nectar for a flavorful crunch in every bite.

4.5 g of fat for every 1/4 cup. so if I have a cup of it I am ingesting 18 g of fat which is 2 g more then 2tablespoons of peanutbutter. Now if im afraid peanut butter will break me out should I be just as scared with this or are the ingredients in this safer acne wise?

ingredients are:

whole grain oats, maple syrup, praline pecans (pecans, sugar, agave nectar, palm kernel oil, salt, rosemary extract) Canola oil, honey, brown rice syrup, oat bran, evaporated cane juice, ground flax seeds, natural flavor, molasses, soy lecithin, cinnamon, sea salt

Contains pecans and soy may contain peanuts and other tree nuts

If im very wary of foods that can trigger acne, is this good for me?

Sugar can trigger acne, I definitely notice it does for me, but that doesn't mean it will for you. As long as you take your accutane with some fat (peanut butter, olive oil, fish oil, or pretty much anything) you'll be fine. Unless you're allergic to peanut butter, I don't see why it would break you out. My derm said that any fat (such as salad dressing) is enough to absorb the accutane, and you don't necessarily need lots of fat.

Hope this helps!

so basically anything with fat is fine? I have these small packets of planters peanuts which contain 15 grams of fat in one package which is a lot considering it's a small packet.