Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flibble

parents not understanding

right, im 17. so im supposed to be mature but we all know that we never are.

i say mature, i dont mean that i still go around laughing at farts cos i dont, but as a person, as an adult im still immature, still ignorant to most of the things i'm supposed to know for day to day life as an adult.

Here's the thing. I am very self concious. i have light to moderate acne/spots on my cheeks.

as far as i'm concerned its very socially inhibiting. I dotn want to go anywhere, certainly not into school where i'll see all my friends. Now, they dont all have perfectly clear faces, but i never notice their spots, they all look great to me.

My face also gets very flaky, and dry. but sumtimes greasy at the same time, i dont understand it.

I use a moisturiser, but it seems to make it worse. i've been using clearsil for a few years now.

I ask my mum to get the stuff from tesco for me, and she says i could go and get it myself, but i hate going out, and i certainly hate having to buy spot things from shops because it makes me feel weird and defeated, and that the person behind the counter is sat there laughing at me and judging me.

as i live in the uk, getting Dan's stuff maybe dificult, having to order it and get it shipped accross to me. It could be done, but i feel if i ask my mum to pay for it with her credit card she'll just scoff and tell me im being stupid, or at least make me feel that way. So i found all the corresponding items in the uk, and gave her a list.

She didnt seem to care and didnt even try to empathise. I just wish she'd say "yes, ok, i'll do that first thing" and then actually remember to do it and bring them home the next day.

just so i know she actually cares. Because i always feel that there's no-one out there who does.

i like how well my computer listens. i think i just needed to vent this. i should really say this to my mum, but im afraid that she really will just not listen, then overreact and tell me she's busy.

i felt like this bro, i had to go into boots when i first started getting into treating acne when i was at my worst. I walked up to the counter with a fucked up face and some face products thinking everyone was gonn laugh and point but they didn't, he just scanned my stuff and said have a nice day.

You're not alone bud. I know the feeling as i'm 17 too :)

I lost count how many times of outings i've turned down due to acne

It's hard i know, they don't know how we feel and take their clear skin for granted. Nevermind that, do you go to derm? My face was uber red in January but i went for some redness therapy facials and it's gone down. Now i'm concentrating to kill mah acne forevar. You might want to really explain her how you feel and how it's affecting your life cause this problem will be much easier if someone's supporting you emotionally and financially.

Be strong, we're all in this together

i felt like this bro, i had to go into boots when i first started getting into treating acne when i was at my worst. I walked up to the counter with a fucked up face and some face products thinking everyone was gonn laugh and point but they didn't, he just scanned my stuff and said have a nice day.

ahah... i see where you're coming from...

when i go buy my acne creams at the drugstore, its when my face is acne-free... i shouldnt be like that... they probably see hundreds of people buying acne products with acne on their face... i dont know why im like that, it shows that even though i have acne, i take care of my face, its not like im buying chips/junk foods/dairies...

You should tell your mum how it makes you feel. Just sit down and talk to her like an adult (no tantrums) and maybe she'll take you seriously. Trust me, when it comes to your parents you have to be totally and completely honest with your feelings or things will just get worse.

Regarding your products, all of us have to deal with the embarassment of going out and buying them lol. Especially from bitchy Boots salesgirls! So just do it!

Good luck<3