Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy

its worse if ur goodlookin

hi everyone,

i just wondered if any1 can relate.im nearly 18,without being big headed im quite goodlookin apart from the acne.i was always used to getting my pick of the girls until a cuple years ago wen i got acne,its really bad some days,not so bad others but i tend to get really stubborn,big pimples in the worst places.although i still lead a normalish life,having this has really affected the social aspects like calling off things because its real bad on that day,or looking down wen spking2 ppl etc.

i find myself daydreaming about how great it wud be to hav clear skin,and how id giv anything to get this,i know it sounds silly but they can put men on the moon and do all these wonderful things,and the 'experts' cant even cum up with sumthing to actually stop acne.

my biggest hate of all is that the ppl who are lucky enough to hav good skin just dont realise how lucky they are,and even worse r the ignorant ones who think that ppl with acne dont wash,i probably spend more time on my skin each day than they do in a year!

i started the regimen a cuple of weeks ago as my last hope and theres been a bitv progress i cant describe how happy id be if it works,and id never be nasty about other ppls appearance ever again!

I know how you feel about people taking their good skin for granted. All my friends have perfect skin and they hardly ever wash their make-up off before they go to bed or wash their faces in the morning. I spend SO much time with my skin care and taking care of my face, and I'm the one who gets acne. Life is funny that way.

Mercer

Yeah it is kinda ironic in a crappy way. Some of my friends could dunk their heads in a vat of canola oil and go to sleep with it on their face and still wake up with perfect skin, yet I can't even touch my own face :D

What some people don't realize though is if you don't have real bad acne (I've seen pictures of some people who say it's bad but it's a lot milder compared to some), it isn't that bad in the social aspect to the person you are talking to, dating, ect. It's all in your head. I used to do it too, so don't worry about it. You can still go talk to girls, or guys, whatever you prefer, and chances are they really won't care too much about your acne that you have. If they do, screw them, chances are you can find someone better anyways. I have been on the reg for about 2 weeks now...it raised the self esteem a lot, and now I finally am goin out with this one girl I've liked for a while now...amd been going out with her for a week now...so it doesn't really matter to most people. Anyone I've talked to doesn't care 8) :wink:

I can relate to all this, it really is upsetting.

I didn't used to think it, but since I have come to University people say I am good-looking, and for me this makes it even worse, thinking what I could have if I didn't have acne.

I thought I was as good as clear, and then I have another breakout. Sometimes I just think how much more of this I can take. Hopefully I will wake up feeling more positive tomorrow.

Another thing, is that I am geting very close again to my ex-girlfriend (also one of my housemates lol). we still have feelings for each other, and while I know she likes me for more than my looks, I can't bear to get close to her because of how I feel about myself. I feel that I don't deserve her, and she should have someone better, and I don't understand why she still likes me.

Well anyway, I'm glad I got that off my chest, I think I need a good night's sleep.

Take care everyone.

I have been through everything you have mention and I am still going through it today. Having friends with great skin I think makes your experience even worse. Though I would never wish this condition on any of my friends I do know that if I had a friend with my problem then I could really have some around who understands and I wouldn't always have to wear makeup around them, theirs wouldn't even have to be as bad as mine, but unfortunately I don't. I think my best friend has had like 4 zits her whole life and half of that was to blame on her pregnancy and she's 18 so can't talk to her. My other 2 closest friends may get a zit like 1 every 3 months nothing ever compared to mine. I have my clear moments but I still have the reddness left from past acne, I get told all the time that I should model and aslo I get told I'm beautiful, pretty, I get told it all, but now that I got acne I still get told I'm pretty but I know thats because either I'm covering my acne or I'm having a good face day. Thats why I choose my user name "Hiddenbeauty" because I feel that I'm a beautiful person inside and out but it's hidden by acne.

Well, it's just our fate. Nobody's perfect. We have acne, and have to deal with it. It's a big problem. But it's not the only problem human race has. So I have acne. However, I do not have allergy, for example, or cramps during my period (sorry boys), or hairloss. But the point is: so many people suffer from acne, and it's their fate. But also, so many people suffer from allergy or cramps or other junk. We're not perfect. Let's not wish we were perfect like models on the cover of the magazine (btw my mom always says that it's the computers that make them so perfect), and deal with it.

It is rough, I agree. I think that I am alright looking but the acne really complicates things. For example, for the sake of experiment I put on picture up on Hot or Not that was photoshopped to remove any skin problems and scored an 8.7 out of 10. I put the same picture up with skin problems and got I think a 7.8. Huahaahahha I had to laugh. But I know that personally, it doesn't bother me when my friends have acne. Some of my friends have much worse acne than I do, and while I acknowledge that they do have it, I never think badly of them for it. In fact if I were to date a girl I'd rather she have acne than be completely clear. Dating a completely clear girl is intimidating... very intimidating.

- Chewy34

I know exactly what you mean. People comment that I'm hot, or good looking and whatever when I haven't had a breakout for a while, and If I look in a mirror and the light is comming from behind me I look really good. But then I look in one with full on light and I look horrible. I hate acne :D

Heh, I can TOTALLY relate to that light thingZander. Sometimes I'd experiement what kind of lights hide my acne spots the most. I envy those people who look good at any time. In a way, the lights confuse me with how much progess I've made on the regimen. :?