Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

Over the last couple months, I've gotten rid of my mild acne by using 5% water-based BP and baby lotion moisturizer. But I still have some light red marks leftover. There isn't really any scarring/pigmentation, it just seems to be the red marks and uneven skin tone.

I'm still currently using a bit of BP/moisturizer every day, as I still get the odd tiny breakout if I don't.

So, my question: What do you suggest I use for the red marks? I feel really lost and have no idea where to start.

- Should I try the baking soda mask?

- Baby brush method?

- Emu oil?

- Apple cider vinegar?

Pics: Both sides of my face for reference. With my webcam, this is the worst I could get it to look.

Thanks!

Edited by Sconduct

wasup, your red marks are hardly noticeable. I've tried apple cider vinegar before which helped my skin texture a little but had no effect on my red marks, also the baby brush method which has improve my skin around 70%, but my marks are far worse then yours. Although emu oil sounds great, loads of positive posts on here about that aswell, i'd look into emu oil and the baby brush method a little if i was you.

Good luck.

wasup, your red marks are hardly noticeable. I've tried apple cider vinegar before which helped my skin texture a little but had no effect on my red marks, also the baby brush method which has improve my skin around 70%, but my marks are far worse then yours. Although emu oil sounds great, loads of positive posts on here about that aswell, i'd look into emu oil and the baby brush method a little if i was you.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. My webcam is garbage but like I said, the marks aren't terrible. I'll definitely look into both of those.

Also, with Emu Oil for example, would I still need to use BP/moisturizer? Can both be used at the same time?

Thanks again.

To be honest i'm not sure, from what i've read you apply the emu oil to your red marks for a couple hours then wash off and moisturize, someone may have a better answer for you hopefully.