Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i have a question

i'm currently on differin and i know that every one swears that you MUST use a moisturizer but so far i have used very little moisturizer (I just never needed it now that it is getting warmer outside my skin has become oily), i have oily skin in warmer weather and dry or normal skin in the winter depending on the severity of the weather. Basically... my skin has a mind of its own. Well anyway, i would like a moisturizer to add into my regimine because i think its a good thing to have. I asked my derm and he suggested aveeno ultra calming or cetaphil. i tried the aveeno and i developed two white heads from it. So i stopped that because i thought my face just didnt want all of the products. Anyone have any advice on a moisturizer to use?

I really want to try the cetaphil! But i'm worried becuase i dont have sensitive/dry skin. Will i be ok using the cetaphil with oily skin? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

do you use makeup?

The reason I ask is because I have oily skin too, I use either jojoba oil w/ aloe vera gel or oil of olay w/ spf then put my makeup on and use an oil blotting sheet right after. If your skin is oily you probably gonnna use oil blotting sheets either way so just moisturize you face with whatever doesn't break you out and works for your skin then just use blotting sheets right after applying makeup and a few times through out the day...hope this helps

I do not think that moisturizer is necessary whatsoever. Even if your skin does get dry and peely ever, you should let it naturally exfoliate itself. A lot of moisturizers clog pores.

thanks for the answers! i'm going to try the jojoba oil and if that doesnt work i'm giving up and not looking for a moisturizer for a while. i do use oil blotting sheets and hopefully the jojoba oil will help with that! my face gets tight if i dont use a moisturizer which is why ive been looking for something! so i'm gonna try the jojoba oil!! any one else think this is a good idea? or bad? suggestions?.

i used to be on the regimen and my skin was dry as hell!! im now on differin and my skin is so oily! like i fill three blotting sheets with oil! i use the mary kay oil controling lotion and it works and moisterizing and keeping skine and oil awhile for a while!

I do not think that moisturizer is necessary whatsoever. Even if your skin does get dry and peely ever, you should let it naturally exfoliate itself. A lot of moisturizers clog pores.

I would agree but sadly nature hasn't built up a defense againsed pollution and the chemicals we use on our face (benzoyl peroxide for one). I would suggest a mix of jojoba and sweet almond oil as a moisturiser. Its close to the natural sebum oil of the face so wont clog pores and very light so sinks right in plumping up the face.

I would stay away from moisturiser creams as they tend to be packed full of chemicals and they leave a thick film over the face.

Thanks for everyones help! I just purchased jojoba oil and used it last night and i love it so far! i'm going to continue with it for a while, just at night, and if i think i need even more of a moisturizer then i'm going to try to get sweet almond oil!

I'm oily prone and heard wonders of jojoba oil so I tried it. Yuck! I liked it for the first hour or so, but then my face turned into an oil slick.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Murad oil control mattifying moisturizer. It's my holy grail moisturizer. Absolutely adore it.

I'm oily prone and heard wonders of jojoba oil so I tried it. Yuck! I liked it for the first hour or so, but then my face turned into an oil slick.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Murad oil control mattifying moisturizer. It's my holy grail moisturizer. Absolutely adore it.

You are using to much. You only need a few dabs of jojoba. If you want a really light oil, sweet almond is alot lighter, much more watery and skins right in, which is why i recommend it as a day oil.

G angelo - Sounds like a good plan. If you feel like you need more, then use more, everyones skin if different and its so annoying to see people quote how many times people should moisturise or wash.

G angelo - Sounds like a good plan. If you feel like you need more, then use more, everyones skin if different and its so annoying to see people quote how many times people should moisturise or wash.

Thanks and i completely agree with you!!! everyones skin is different and i hate when a moisturizer or a product doesnt work for someone and they bash it and tell everyone never to use it! everyones face is different and you have to find the products that work best for you. what works wonders for me might work horribly for you, but that doesnt mean that it is a bad product!

But i love the jojoba oil and yes it leave me a little shiny, but i only use it at night and dont even need it during the day! i love how light it is!

I only used a little bit of it. Somethings just don't work for everyone. If it works for you, and works for G angelo, great. Just thought I'd share my $.02

I only used a little bit of it. Somethings just don't work for everyone. If it works for you, and works for G angelo, great. Just thought I'd share my $.02

Omygosh! please do not think i was pointing you out at all! you are completely right you were just stating your experience! i love that people do that! its when people state their experience and tell everyone else never to try what they tried just because it didnt work for them! if that makes sense! but seriously i love hearing everyone experiences i just dont like people telling me that it wont work for me because it didnt work for them! you didnt do that! i'm sorry!!!

do you use makeup?

The reason I ask is because I have oily skin too, I use either jojoba oil w/ aloe vera gel or oil of olay w/ spf then put my makeup on and use an oil blotting sheet right after. If your skin is oily you probably gonnna use oil blotting sheets either way so just moisturize you face with whatever doesn't break you out and works for your skin then just use blotting sheets right after applying makeup and a few times through out the day...hope this helps

Did you know that toilet seat covers work as blotting sheets? so if you're ever in a jam just use a toilet seat cover! (no joke)

Hahaha toilet seat covers are the best! :)

What kind of moisturizer are you looking for?

- Money-wise, what's your budget?

- What do you want to get from it?

- What don't you want?

I really recommend cetaphil moisturizers, they are all non - comedogenic, and don't irritate my skin at all. I only can use them at night since they are greasy-looking, but for me moisturizing just once a day is all I need.

try corium 21 if you have the money to spend on it.....it works great since i bought it everyone in my family loves it, my friends etc....i get oily-ish skin in the summer too...but dry/normal skin the rest of the year....not saying it works for everyone, but so far everyone i know thats used it loves it :)

have you ever tryed virgin coconut oil ..its excellent for skin care.

source *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules that you agreed to when you signed up here. *

Does your skin lotion nourish and moisturize without man-made chemicals and preservatives?

Using MeritVCO virgin coconut oil as a skin lotion can give you healthier, younger-looking skin using only its pure natural ingredients. Women of tropical countries, especially in the South Pacific, have been using this tropical oil to moisturize their skin, hair and faces for generations. If you're looking for natural skin care, then look no further. MeritVCO virgin coconut oil is completely free of chemicals and preservatives. A recently published study on using MeritVCO virgin coconut oil on dry skin showed the oils are rapidly absorbed into the skin. This led to improved skin lipid levels, increased hydration and reduced roughness and scaling. MeritVCO Virgin coconut oil contains lauric acid, a natural antimicrobial proven to fight viruses and bacteria. Using MeritVCO virgin coconut oil for skin health is the closest you can come to natural organic skin care. You won't find any parabens, sodium lauryl sulphates or glycerols in this natural skin care product. Do you want a 100% organic natural body oil that's safe for you and your family's skin? MeritVCO virgin coconut oils will moisturize and nourish your skin without any preservatives, chemicals or solvents. These oils are produced using traditional methods handed down from generation to generation. You'll be pleased to know there's no hydrogenation, bleaching, refining or deodorizing involved in the manufacture of this healthy oil. Meat from only the freshest, organically-grown coconuts are shredded and cold-pressed to create coconut milk. The milk is fermented to produce it's moisturizing oil bursting with natural emollients and skin-softeners. I guarantee you'll love what this oil can do for your skin. How to Use Coconut Oil for Your Skin There are a number of ways you can use coconut oil on your skin. Here's one way method I use in the shower for a daily deep moisturizing and conditioning treatment: Shower and exfoliate all over your body. While still in the shower take a quarter size amount of MeritVCO virgin coconut oil and rub between your palms to liquify. Massage the coconut oil onto your skin. Repeat this procedure until your entire body is covered in coconut oil. Be careful not to get oil on the bottom of your soles as the coconut oil may make the tub surface slippery. After covering your body in coconut oil rinse warm water all over your body. You'll see the water form little beads all over your body. Step out of the shower and use your towel to gently pat dry your skin. Make sure you pat dry and don't rub. This will leave a nice thin layer of coconut oil on your skin. I find the best time to do this treatment is right before going to bed. I think this gives my skin some time to absorb the coconut oil overnight while I sleep. Remember not to use too much coconut oil on your skin as it can get a little greasy. You want to strive for a thin layer of oil on your skin. I found my skin stays softer and smoother after a couple of treatments. In fact, I do this everytime I take a shower and I find I don't have to use an after-shower skin moisturizer. And after a couple weeks of these treatments I didn't experience any dry itchy skin symptoms - even during the cold dry winter months. I think using coconut oil for skin moisturizering is one of the best things you can do for your skin.

Yest to Tomato Hydrating Lotion.

Tomato is known to be great for oily acne skin, and helps to close up pore and hydrate skin. Great anti oxidant.

Most Imptly,

Paraben free

Preservative free

Oil free

Alcohol free

99.6% organic ingredients.

Do research more abt tomato for oily skin, you will be pleased :)