Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hayate

Sun? Its bad... Sun? Its great!... Ok, Im really confused!

Hey everyone, I heard sun make the scars worse, and my derm told me so, but I also heard that for some people, it faded their scarring... So... What should I believe?

Moderation moderation moderation.

Like everything, too little or too much of something can be bad. A little sun is okay. Your body needs the vitamin D.

BUT.

Definitely don't spend too much time in it. It can eventually make your skin lose elasticity and can darken already pigmented spots.

So just always use sunscreen and balance your time.

I used to sunbathe way too much and my skin got disgusting, large pores, and yes it is harder for my marks to go away because it has trouble healing. The first few times I did it though, it absolutely seemed to help because it dried my skin out and I had a nice tan. So find somewhere in between, but DO wear sunblock so you don't destroy your skin! You can still get a nice, acne-hiding tan without destroying your skin like I did.

Edited by xanaxx

You can still get a nice, acne-hiding tan without destroying your skin like I did.

Is that true though? I heard the UV beams destroy the collagen in your skin. When you tan... isn't the damage already done? I really wonder if you can tan without the negative aspects.

You can still get a nice, acne-hiding tan without destroying your skin like I did.

Is that true though? I heard the UV beams destroy the collagen in your skin. When you tan... isn't the damage already done? I really wonder if you can tan without the negative aspects.

I would assume so, as long as you wear the highest spf sunscreen you can find. But if you'd rather be completely safe, stay out of the sun and let your red marks heal on their own. If I could go back in time that's actually what I would've done.

If you want to looked tanned get a spray tan. It really doesn't turn you orange, and hides my red marks to the point that I don't even wear makeup!

ultimately theres no clear answer. its easier to say no sun or yes a lot of sun. to be honest though, yeah the suns great, though in small quantities. too much sun causes damage, too little sun hurts the skin too and creates damage. i live in australia and they say 10 mins a day is all you need. i truly believe this. if you still have acne, a little bit of sun and salty water is great. fake tans are good, as long as they dont clog your pores. i used one from neutrogena a few months back and really liked it. i highly recommend it.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

Sun tends to hide stuff and make it appear a little better... But in my experience, it never pays in the long run. When I look at my forearms compared to the rest of me, the difference is beyond obvious. And I never even spent that much time in the sun. Stay out of it as much as possible is my advice. You'll be glad you did.

The sun (in excess), destroys of to little the collagen of your skin, worsens the scars and the skin in general.

Edited by eterna_maldicion

Thank you guys cus every summer my skin fells off with tanning and I thought: Maybe thats why I dont have scarring on my back...

Ok i'm going to be carefull... Thank you again guys, your great ;)

Hey guys btw, I am using an AHA cream on my face in the morning, should I put Sunscreen to protect me from the sun after using that product?

Hey guys btw, I am using an AHA cream on my face in the morning, should I put Sunscreen to protect me from the sun after using that product?

definitely, AHA will make your skin more sensitive. put on a hat while youre at it too.

sorry, dont mean to tranfer my paranoia to you but the sun is truly how i ruined my skin

definitely, AHA will make your skin more sensitive. put on a hat while youre at it too.

sorry, dont mean to tranfer my paranoia to you but the sun is truly how i ruined my skin

Cant I use Sunscreen while on AHA? Can't I apply Sunscreen after using AHA cream?

I already have some scars I guess, but they are still red, hope they disapear...

Cant I use Sunscreen while on AHA? Can't I apply Sunscreen after using AHA cream?

I already have some scars I guess, but they are still red, hope they disapear...

Yeah that's what I meant, make sure you wear sunscreen over AHA

Thank you very much... I really need to be carefull if I want this scars(which are still red) to disapear, my biggest fear is that they don't fade away...

Thank you very much... I really need to be carefull if I want this scars(which are still red) to disapear, my biggest fear is that they don't fade away...

What SPF do you guys recommend? Something that won't reflect the sun back lol...

I cant believe the fear mongering in this thread. "sun beams instantly destroy collagen!!!"

We need vitamin D. Wearing max strength sunblock for 15 minutes of sun is counterproductive and will keep your skin from producing vitamin d. Your skin will also absorb all the retarded chemicals in the sunblock, counterproductive people. Wear no sun block for 10-20 minutes in the sun everyday and you'll have good results such as myself.

What SPF do you guys recommend? Something that won't reflect the sun back lol...

Did your scars disapeared doing that method? My scars are still red so I guess I still have a chance of fadding them... They are like light holes on my skin but they are still a lil bit red...