Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee13169

BP caused me to scar

I've had acne for 4 years now, never a scar. I first got bp in december. Fast forward 5 month I have 15 scars on my face. BP destroyed my skin, however i am mostly clear. However every new pimple i get seems to scar. And no they are not red marks they are deep scars. My question is will stopping BP return my skin to normal ?

I stopped BP and my face got clearer, without red marks and redness. But then acne started coming back so I'm back on it. and it's lookin' good. :D

At first used bp twice a day and after a few month only once a day, past month i was mostly clear with only 4 pimples. But guess what all of those 4 left a deep ice pick scar. I wish i simply left my skin be and not use anything other than a face wash. Right now i have a lot of scaring but hell im a man ill live with it, my only hope is for my skin to return to its former non scaring self.

For me, BP DOES seem to cause a stronger hyperpigmentation, and halts the healing of red marks. I can almost guarantee that (at least on my face), because I've been using bp for a year (acne.org kind) completely clear, but the red marks never went away. I stopped using bp now. (about 3 months), and they are healing noticeably.

Funny thing is before BP my scabs would fall off after 5 days or so and i would be left with perfect white skin underneath it, i never knew how lucky i was to have that. After 2 month or so of BP my skin started staying red after scabs came off.

methinks BP weakens the skin.

i only used BP on 2 spots (thank god only 2!) and noticed that both spots left slight indents.

normally when i break out, i don't get indents at all in my skin, but with BP, yep sure did.

going to have to dermaroll those 2 spots to get rid of them, but its very small, but still I noticed a changed in how my skin healed where the BP was used.

Be careful and be very aware of skin changes with anything u use!! not everyone will react the same!!

Well Im stopping BP tonight and hopefully ill have different results. How did BP effect you exactly ?

most of my scars came after using bp

Before BP I was not as nearly prone to scarring. Even over a year after I stopped using BP I keep scarring.

Guest Timehealsall

i am confused as to how BP causes scarring? I think what it can cause is prolong hyper pigmentation. And regarding the scarring, how do you know if you have scarring? Like, if you touch your skin, are you supposed to feel indentations?