Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My nose (T-zone) but mostly the nose is constantly oily and filled with blackheads in every pore. And from time to time, a pore will get plugged and begin to swell and it will look bumpy and shiny... What can I do?

Guest Tracy

The best thing to do to decrease oil production is to use an oil to moisturize. I know it sounds odd....but it works. It "tricks" your skin into producing less oil.

Buy some jojoba oil. Use a drop...only a drop....and spread it over your damp face....then pat dry with a towel. You'll be amazed at the decrease in oil production in just a few days.

Dr. Hauschka has a great oil....Normalizing Day Oil....and I alternate that with jojoba oil. I never use moisturizer anymore. It works.

The best thing to do to decrease oil production is to use an oil to moisturize.  I know it sounds odd....but it works.  It "tricks" your skin into producing less oil. 

Buy some jojoba oil.  Use a drop...only a drop....and spread it over your damp face....then pat dry with a towel.  You'll be amazed at the decrease in oil production in just a few days.

Dr. Hauschka has a great oil....Normalizing Day Oil....and I alternate that with jojoba oil.  I never use moisturizer anymore.  It works.

Guest Tracy

No. I think vitamin E oil would be pore clogging. It's gotta be the right kind of oil. Jojoba oil is great for this very purpose. Emu oil is good, too. So is Extra Virgin Olive Oil....but it's mostly for dry skin types.

Go to a local healthfood store and get some jojoba oil. It's very close to your skin's own natural sebum. But remember, with oil.....less is more. A drop spread throughout your damp face is all you need.