Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Berko

Masturbation and Acne

Okay, I know there are so many different opinions on a correlation between the two. I strongly believe there is a correlation. Here is evidence I found:

This is just different people giving there experiences of withholding ejaculation to see what happens to their acne.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Masturbation_a...t__t119084.html

This was a test on maturbation/sex before sports, but skip to 4:30, his testosterone level increased from 325 ng/ml to 462 ng/ml after sex and we all know that hormones cause acne.

A couple people from this site tried withholding masturbation for a month and kept a log of how their skin changed, most all of them saw improvements

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Masturbat...on-t210949.html

I haven't masturbated in 8 days and I have seen a definite improvement in my acne. So if nothing is working for you (this is mainly directed to male teenagers) try to stop masturbating for a little while and see what happens, can't hurt right?

Announcements and Feedback forum is for technical issues with the site.

Thread moved to Nutrition/Holistic Health.

Every time I say I'm gonna try to stop wankin it to see if it helps I never make it =( Gonna try realllly hard this time! =P

I stopped eating pasta recently and became clear like never before. As a result, I started masturbating more frequently (every day, even twice a day on the last day) thinking it wouldn't be a problem. I could feel new pimples coming, so I stopped. I ended up with a stomach ache that lasted a week (almost gone now but not quite yet) and a big breakout (above the eyebrows, even tho I usually never breakout on my forehead, broke out around my mouth, on my chin, behind my ears, and my upper back), felt excessively tired for the whole week, and my skin is itching in some places (fingers, ears, shoulders, the middle of my arm, the back of my hairline, etc.).

This isn't some food allergy or whatever because my diet has remained the same all week. Today I masturbated again since it had been almost a week. My skin still feels awful, but I'll try to keep it down to once a week again.

I did this test before; reducing masturbation and not eating certain foods + exercising worked extremely well, while each on their own would not work.

its not a simple relation that more hormones = more acne, that is just misguided, and unintelligent if you are using these examples as evidence to support your argument

But reducing masturbation to a minimum always helped a lot to me, and many others, so it's not a lie.

Edited by Chocobot

I am skeptical, what is the scientific reasoning behind it? You think without masturbation our 'hormones' arent raging or fluctuating anyway?

I think silly arguments like these really create more myths and misinformation about acne

It's unreasonable to ask men not to masterbate. If it DID cause it too, all men would have acne.

Edited by nick_04

Something interesting I was just thinking about...most of us started to get acne from age 10-15 and I'm gonna assume that's when most of us started masturbating as well?

i'm pretty sure this is true for me as well.

i recently went on a long road trip where i didn't masturbate for about 3 weeks and at the end of it my skin was looking better than it had in a long time

i think sex is different for me though, my skin usually tends to look better after sex/making out so i don't know what it is about jerking off that does it for me, sex is different from masturbation though so don't think you have to abstain from any kind of sexual contact to keep your skin clear

I'm on day 7 or 8 myself, i have no set time that i want to stop for i'm just going as long as i can, when i can't take it any more i will find a woman instead of using my hand

i recently went on a long road trip where i didn't masturbate for about 3 weeks and at the end of it my skin was looking better than it had in a long time

i think sex is different for me though, my skin usually tends to look better after sex/making out so i don't know what it is about jerking off that does it for me, sex is different from masturbation though so don't think you have to abstain from any kind of sexual contact to keep your skin clear

I'm on day 7 or 8 myself, i have no set time that i want to stop for i'm just going as long as i can, when i can't take it any more i will find a woman instead of using my hand

This is all in your head. Your body, physically, will not know the difference between masturbation and sex. Think about it, what would be different? More or less hormones won't be released if you did one instead of the other.

I think we can safely say this is nothing more than an old wives tale.

Edited by Jsts22

Something interesting I was just thinking about...most of us started to get acne from age 10-15 and I'm gonna assume that's when most of us started masturbating as well?

Nope. I didn't start breaking out frequently until first year uni. It's worse now in my third year of uni, and I don't wank off NEARLY as much as I used too...

This is all in your head. Your body, physically, will not know the difference between masturbation and sex. Think about it, what would be different? More or less hormones won't be released if you did one instead of the other.

WRONG. Sex actually involves physical exercise unlike masturbation. The physical activity of having sex probably does something with the hormones than just moving your forearm doesn't!

And I know with 100% certainty that masturbating multiple times in a week, or worst twice in a day, is terrible for my skin. I always proved it to myself. I abstained from masturbation for 5 weeks more than once, and every time my skin cleared incredibly like it never even comes close to when I don't abstain.

It's important for people to be able to figure this out themselves because there are many things that can worsen our acne and getting a better understanding of what those things are is important to each of us to bring it under control.

Edited by Chocobot

no, it isn't.

sex and masturbation are 2 VERY different things and your body knows just as well as your brain what the difference is

i don't know why my body works like this but it does i am stopping masturbation forever (srs)

Okay everybody, first off of I AM NOT SAYING THAT MASTURBATION CAUSES ACNE. I am saying that masturbating seems to make acne worse for people WHO ALREADY HAVE ACNE.

Second, nobody knows for sure how or if masturbation causes acne so anybody saying that it definitely does or definitely does not is just being ignorant.

Just try to stop masturbating for a week and see if you clear up, how is that too much to ask for? Don't comment if you aren't going to try it and don't think that it will work. You don't know if it will work until you try it.

Good luck everybody, hope this helps

I am skeptical, what is the scientific reasoning behind it? You think without masturbation our 'hormones' arent raging or fluctuating anyway?

I think silly arguments like these really create more myths and misinformation about acne

The argument is that it can make acne worse by making your hormones more out of balance than usual.

It's unreasonable to ask men not to masterbate. If it DID cause it too, all men would have acne.

I hate that. Sorry but i really do. By that logic, bad diet causes acne therefore anyone who eats mcdonalds should have ance. Since hormones cause acne therefore all people anywhere, ever should have acne all the time.

Please stop treating every person the same way. Its just stupid.

Also can i ask, is it obstaining from masturbation or obstaining from masturbation that is giving people results?

Edited by maxxie

This should be stickied because i came up with this theory myself one time as well and if others believe it too theres very likely some backing behind it.

I stopped masturbating for 30 days, and I can tell you that for me it did not clearly relieve the mild skin problems that I have. At about 15-20 days, my skin was at that point as clear as it had been in two or three years (the time that I had developed acne). A few days later I began to break out again. I have a healty diet (plenty of water), good hygiene, I wash my sheets very often, etc. I am entirely convinced that acne is stress-induced, and I advocate that you people who feel there is some correlation should either relax and not worry so much about the repercussions of something we all do naturally or give it up altogether.