Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey girl, congrats on the presentation.

Regarding the food- I believe that the perscription says take with food. I think that means take right after you eat- I assume is it because the pill on an empty stomach could cause problems...so I suggest taking it as soon as you can after you eat dinner...or eat a granola bar or something right before you take it.

Also, it says you can take it with milk too- which helps soothe your stomach.

No headaches today! BUT my skin is getting worse by the day- and getting red and dry. BOO

Yeah - you're supposed to take accutane with a fatty meal because it's fat-solulable.

May I ask what an "empanada" is????

What did your skin look like before you started Accutane? Was it the same as it is now or did it get worse?

Juliet7714: Im so glad you didn't experienced headaches yesterday ;). Ok so from now on i will take it right after having dinner. Do you know about the time changing, like if i dont take it at the same time everyday?

Kernel.Panic: An empanada is a stuffed bread or pastry. The name comes from the Spanish and Portuguese verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread. ...You could stuffed them with anything form cheese to pork, rice, beans,etc.

Crazy09: Well, i was on atralin and solodyn for almost 4 wks before my derm decided to put me on a tane.....while on atralin and solodyn my face went bananas i broke out BAD! I stopped everything for the month i had to wait for accutane and my face calmed down a lot. but now that im on accutane is starting to break out again =/, is not as bad as yet like when i broke out on atralin and solodyn but i am breaking out. Sorry for the long reply. :rolleyes:

Crazy09: Well, i was on atralin and solodyn for almost 4 wks before my derm decided to put me on a tane.....while on atralin and solodyn my face went bananas i broke out BAD! I stopped everything for the month i had to wait for accutane and my face calmed down a lot. but now that im on accutane is starting to break out again =/, is not as bad as yet like when i broke out on atralin and solodyn but i am breaking out. Sorry for the long reply. :rolleyes:

Awe, I've never even heard of those medications :| I am so scared for an initial break out - you have NO idea. I really want to take prednisone during the initial break out because I inadvertently discovered that it totally works for clearing me up. The down side is that I'm a little bloated chubbo on it and I have anxiety and it kind of heightens it - but it also might be because my doctor didn't even tell me to taper off or how much to take. :rolleyes: Maybe you could try that too? Eh, too bad there's not a way to avoid the initial break out huh. :\

Awe, I've never even heard of those medications :| I am so scared for an initial break out - you have NO idea. I really want to take prednisone during the initial break out because I inadvertently discovered that it totally works for clearing me up. The down side is that I'm a little bloated chubbo on it and I have anxiety and it kind of heightens it - but it also might be because my doctor didn't even tell me to taper off or how much to take. :rolleyes: Maybe you could try that too? Eh, too bad there's not a way to avoid the initial break out huh. :\

Yes, is a pain not being able to avoid the dam IB!!! but lets stay strong :}

Day 6!!!!

Almost a week! :dance: Well so far things are the same, no side effects to report my skin or lips are not dry yet actually i have not been using to much moisturizer because my skin is oilyyyy. I havent been breaking anymore....and my joints dont hurt anymore :dance: But well lets see i still have a lonnnnnggg way to go so....

Venting: I went out last night with a couple of girls, i didnt drink well i dont drink lol and i had a good time, but when i got home i felt the urge of calling "this guy" somehow i talked myself out of it but ughhhhhhhh today im felling the same i have not tried but idk what has gotten into me?? :rolleyes::shifty: well hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Day 7=WEEK ONE!!!! :dance:

Im surprise i gotta admit, i havent had side effects just yet i know is still early but im still oily very oily! my lips are fine and i havent been breaking out :think: not that i want to break out. Regarding the depression concern i had, i have been feeling calm and good even though i still have all this sh$$ on my face :rolleyes: . Hopefully everything will get better and not worse i have faith :pray:.

Faithinhim: Yes, it has gone toooo slow! But im excited is been a week already!!!

Here are my weekly pics:

post-125524-1272216310_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1272216310_thumb.jpg

:boogie: Day 8!!! :dance:

Not much to say, things are pretty much the same. I guess same is good or at least better than worse. I wanna start seeing good changes though but i guess i have to wait. No side effects really not even dry lips......idk i guess is early.

Im sure no1 cares but Ooooo, what way to start the week!!!! I had to meet with my 2 bosses the school principal and the VP since one of the teachers had a complaint about me (btw,im administrative school secretary) she claims that friday when i was distributing the checks instead of of handin it to her i threw at her....i dont recall but ok. The funny side of the story is that this same teacher and I used to be "close" up until a few months ago when she decided to be nasty to me in front of another staff member and a parent. Ever since i decided to keep my distance and solely talk work related. Somehow she said in this senseless meeting that she has done so much for me personality(again, i dont recall...and off topic since we were discussing work issues :think: ) and to top it off she was almost tearing :boohoo: ughhhhhh On the bright side i have 2 wonderful bosses who are fair and did not take sides and just heard both sides and kind of aggreed that the reason why she was making such a fuss was because i no longer talk to her like i used to....so i guess all and all it wasnt that bad :closed::wiggle:

Crazy09: why jealous? :shifty2:

Hey girl, I hope you day 9 is going well...day 10 for me. My lips are getting dryer by the day- still nothing for you?

Also, the headaches happen about every other day....I was looking up fatty foods that still aren't bad for you- avocados, nuts, and dark chocolate (in moderation)...So, I'm going to start adding nuts and avocados in my diet...and maybe reward myself with some dark chocolate for dessert!

DAY 9

Well, i have 3 new small zits on my right cheek, nothing major though....meaning that it still looks ok with makeup! Side effects still haven't kicked in =0 :whistle: so idk either im WEIRD, lucky or is way too early still :think:.

Spring semester is almost over!!!!! :catdance: and if things work out i will be going to Punta Cana, DR!!! Hopefully with clearer skin =0

Juliet7714: Im surprise, no side effect not even dry lips im not sure if is because i keep using chap-stick constantly......so idk :snooty::think: . I cheated my no wheat diet i ate bread couldn't help it :rolleyes: had an stressful day lol. Girlie u should check does headaches call your derm and tell him.

Day 11

Well, Im down one BOX :banana:. I am breaking out now, is not excessive or crazy but i am :mad:, i kind of thought maybe i was going to beat the IB but apparently not UGH!!! Last night i washed my face and the biggest/cyst,(compared to the other tiny actives i have right now)opened so i coldnt help it and squeeze it :shrug: This morning i woke up and some how his family came to the funeral, since now i have a middle size one next it (assuming is his cousin) and a tiny one (nephew??) UGHHHH!! i have not other choice than to laugh and joke about.....Well as for the side effects still NADA, lips are fine and my joints dont hurt. Im emotionally ok, i have been a little sad lately but its been triggered by other factors so i dont/can't blame Tane for it. Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Time_traveler: Thanks :redface:

Welcome to the world of the IB!! I have been here for about 4-5 days now...I woke up this morning though (Day 12) and things are starting to dry up and not noticing any newbies joining the funeral :)

I'm glad you can laugh about it- I was very down yesterday, but went a got a pedicure and that helped some...I'm ready for the weekend though...I want to stay in my PJs and focus on moisturizing hahaha!

Welcome to the world of the IB!! I have been here for about 4-5 days now...I woke up this morning though (Day 12) and things are starting to dry up and not noticing any newbies joining the funeral :)

I'm glad you can laugh about it- I was very down yesterday, but went a got a pedicure and that helped some...I'm ready for the weekend though...I want to stay in my PJs and focus on moisturizing hahaha!

Uggghhhh it sucks! But yea I figured I've cried just enough about it sooo might as well laugh =) or try. I'm the same with the weekend I get excited cuz I know I can stay home and not have to wear makeup =)....thank u for following my log!!

Day 13

So, my new spot is surrounded by family members...tiny ones but they're still there!! ughhh I keep breaking out but again is not major...THANK GOD! Today i had one of my co-workers come by my desk to start preaching about how any medicine prescribed by a doctor is bad and how the side effects outweight the positives of any drug!!!! Hate it to hear this nonesense....because yes the you are what you eat is partially true because i eat very healthy very healthy! but i still break out :snooty: sooo her sermon was BS :rolleyes: . Anyhow...the weekend is here yayyyyy!!!! i started it last night, got pulled over by cops for making an illegal turn luckly they didnt give me a ticket :whistle: got home late and was only able to ge 2 hours of sleep!! im sooo tired!! well enjoy the weekend all :dance:

Edited by hateAcne!

Day 15..

Nothing to report, other than no breakouts. My Face is not dry or my lips, im starting to think im weird or maybe my dosage is too low?Oooo and I still have the 2 cyst i had 2 weeks ago.

I will post pics soon

Day 15..

Nothing to report, other than no breakouts. My Face is not dry or my lips, im starting to think im weird or maybe my dosage is too low?Oooo and I still have the 2 cyst i had 2 weeks ago.

I will post pics soon

With time you'll see :D:dance:

Day 21th

My skin is finally super dry, and my lips are drying out but im not breaking out much i have gotten about 3 spots in a week in a half but nothing serious or bad meaning they have not been huge.Well that is my update i have not taken pics without make up but im posting some with =}.

post-125524-1273443895_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1273443878_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1273443878_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1273443895_thumb.jpg

Day 22....

Ummmm, well i am breaking out =( not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :snooty::naughty: I also have TONZ of blackheadssss TONZZZZZ and i cant keep my hands off :rolleyes: which is BAD! :shifty::confused: ughhhhh.... As for side effects lets just say my skin is dryyy and my lips are gettin dry and im kinda concerned because i have not gotten my period and no im definitely DEFINITELY not pregnant!!! have this happen to anyone?? :think:

Oooo....yes before i forget today i saw a commercial about accutane from a law firm that said that accutane and all the generic brands of the drug causes all this dangerous side effects that do not show until years after and that if anyone had used the drug and is experiencing "these" side effects to call WTF??.................ughhh so now im officially worried =(!!!!!!

TimeTraveler: Thank You u are reallyyy sweet =).....about my eyes i do that bcuz i decide it that until my skin gets better i will post pics with the black rectangles lol.

You look amazing!!! You should really expose your eyes pretty lady. Your skin is making great strides of improvement. BTW - I'm jealous of your lips because they are sooo full! And I'm surprised you're reacting SO fast, I haven't read about blackheads purging this early.

Anyway, I know exactly what you are talking about regarding the lawsuit thing - I take full responsibility because EVERY damn prescription I seem to take ends up being a lawsuit!!!! It's great luck, really. But my mom was paranoid and searching Accutane today and moments later she got an e-mail about a lawsuit on my behalf haha what the hell?

Edited by crazy09

TimeTraveler: Thank You u are reallyyy sweet =).....about my eyes i do that bcuz i decide it that until my skin gets better i will post pics with the black rectangles lol.

I feel ya on the breakout :\ but dont worry it'll all get better.

But your skin looks great ! I demand you show your eyes!

Edited by Time_traveler