Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

Im new to this site.....well really i've been visiting it for 2 yrs now, but i just recently created an account. Anyhow....My Name is Veronica im 22 and i will be starting accutane hopefully friday. I feel like is been an eternity since my last appoitment with the derm. Ok, My background......I started developing acne about 3 years ago and it has affected every little part of my life ={. Ive tried everything out there from otc stuff like Dan's Regimen, which kinda help at first to prescription meds that have not helped and only made my face looks worse =/. I have been to more than 5 dermatogist who have done nothing for me! The last one i went to prescribed atalin,BenzaClin and solodyn i was on those for 3weeks but my face broke out horribly......i mean HORRIBLY! So, i went back and he said: "Ok, accutane for you!" I was happy but scared at the same time and that was almost four wks ago. I did the annoying blood work, well the 1st one and will be doing the second one this sat. I also had to get and ok form from a psychologist since i have a history of depression ughh!! In the mean time while i waited to start accutane i stopped the meds (recommended by the derm) but thinking i was smart i tried dans regimen again and my face got an allergic reaction as well as my neck where i never used it on, i had to get a cortisine shot, and they told me i have apperently become allergic to benzoyl peroxide :surprised:. Plus, i have seborrheic dermatitis am i lucky?? So stopped everything, i only wash my face 2x a day, it has calm down (the skin reaction) But Ooooo my, the left side of my face has like 5 small cyst all next to each other so under makeup looks like a i have a gigiantic cyst! it looks disgusting :(:doubt: plus all the red marks and othe actives i have. The right side is very broken out all over the place...so i basically look BAD! Please guys wish me luck!

Now, thats about as far as it goes with my skin issues ... the next story is just me venting. With all this skin issues ive become extremelyyyyyyy self conscious(NEEDLESS TO SAY) Anyhow,I was dating this guy for 10 months we had a non-official relationship well at least to him it was non-official i was and still im very in love with him we acted like a normal couple, went everywhere together holidays...etc but i often felt like he was going to tell me one day that he had found someone else...i took a lot from him like rejection at times and even knowing he had been with other ppl (i know , i know im dumb) because of the way i feel for him. But i mistakenly thought and wished that he was gonna realize that i was the one for him =/. Well one day i drove to his house with my best friend without announcing myself and told her to knock on his window (he lives in a basement) while i got something from the car she did and as im getting my things she comes back rushing and tells me that there is a girl with him...it was 12am midnight on a saturday night i felt like i wanted to die =( called and called him he never picked up and i couldnt gather the strenght to go and confront him 1.because we were unofficial, so i felt it was my fault and 2. because i felt so ugly and was afraid this girl was gonna make fun of me as well as him =( he never called or text me back i called him monday and he finally picked up to tell me that he wanted nothing to with me and that things didnt worked out between the 2 of us and thats it, that i should pretend he doesnt exist and that im a psycho for coming to his house unannounced. Also, with a sarcastic voice he said"i just want you to b happy girl" "You deserve someone great" "i never meant to hurt you"while i was crying on the phone cuz stupid me couldnt hold the tears. This last conversation happened this past monday and i feel crushed i cant stop crying, cant concentrate on school work and i feel is all my fault and also that one of the reasons why he did all this now is because of my acne, which he said it didnt bother him.....Im worried because i feel like im severely depressed and since accutane causes depression i dont know what to think....im not telling the derm im depressed though or that ive had suicidal thoughts lately. I dont know what to do im so heart broken over this, if someone reads this whole thread please comment on it, i really need it.

Thank You :cry:

Edited by hateAcne!

Hi! I just wanted to drop by and say Good luck! Accutane has been a real blessing for me! I'm actually loving my skin for the first time in a long time. I think Accutane is going to do wonders for you! Stay strong!

Good luck with your course! I seem to have a similar skin type to you where NOTHING works and accutane is doing wonders for me (not to sound weird.)

Sorry to hear about all that relationship drama. I've had my own share of those and, quite frankly, you have every reason to be depressed. Damn men. They aren't with it.

These boards are great for venting/sharing things. I love looking at other people's logs. If you ever need a "cheer up", go and read some accutane logs. There's always some great stories in there that can bring a smile to your face.

Faithinhim: Thank You =)

Kernel.panic: I cant wait to start, i want friday to get here already! I have visit many of the accutane people have here and they have some awesome stories :) so you're definitely right. As for my relationship drama.....im trying to take it one day at time, not easy but im trying =/. Yes, men are pretty messed up, hopefully not all =).

Well, thank you guys! :D

OK girl - i am going to offer you some feedback and i hope you will hear some of it.

The reason this guy did all this stuff to you is because HE is a jerk.

Having bad skin does not give men to permission to treat me badly and the way i look doesnt make someone behave like a prick to me - they CHOOSE that behaviour. A man who lives in the same city and wont commit or remain faithful to me is manipulating me. A man that ignores my hurt feelings, uses cruel sarcasm and calls me a "psycho" is abusing me. I know you're crushed girl, but i am relieved that you are out of this relationship because a man that does all these things to me will do them again and again, and NO WOMAN deserves that. NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT.

My hope for you is that while on accutane and you start to see a change in your outer beauty you also look inwards and find all the things you love about yourself regardless of the way you look - be gentle and kind to yourself and talk to yourself in a positive way, or else when all is said and done and your skin is clear i worry you might not feel as good about yourself as you thought you would.

im here for you if you need anything over your course ok, you can visit my log or send me a message whatever you need. remember you have support and spend time with people who love and appriciate you - because when you are emotionally healthy you will attract the best kind of guy for you. ok? keep your head up.

Just wanted to let everyone know how much i hate the dam Ipledge crap!

I just wanted to let you know that I agree! Having to start 20 days behind schedule because of my dermatologist's office incompetence and Ipledge's inflexibility!

Sounds like you have a really bad system over there. I'm from western canada and I made an appointment with the derm through my regular doctor, 2 weeks later went to the derm. Got a prescription for 40mg Accutane that day. Had it 2 hours later.

Crazy09: OooomG! I had an appt yesterday took a day from work! the derm is super far had to do like 4 blood work in one month! anyways i went yesterday my derm wrote me a prescription for 20mg but i went online (because the nurse told me to do so) to do the stupid comprehension questions and the schedule says that i cant do it unbtill my next appt??? so im like wtf? called the ipledge hing and they told me that until i dont see the derm again i wont be able to get my prescription, so im confused, because they at the derms office i was told i was gonna be able to get my prescription starting Monday..,.so ugghhhhhh i just hope i am able to get it monday!.

Jxr: Accutane easy and able to travel to Cuba without problems...Im moving to Canada! =}.

Well ill let u guys know what happens monday :think:

Ok, so i just received a call from my derms office, they told me that my prescription is ready to be filled =]. I super happy is been a long wait to start!!!!! I cant wait to get out of work drop off my prescription and then go to school yayyyyy...so if everything goes as planned i will be taking my 1st pill tonight :dance:. However, i gotta be honest im scare to death of the IB but im trying to "man up" :rolleyes:.

Now, for my emotional sanity: I have been 2 weeks(it might not be a long time, but to me it feels like an eternity) :naughty: without trying to contact this guy i had previously talked about. Is been hard...very hard and emotionally painful but i think is getting better =}.

Pleaseeeee... wish me luck :pray:

Hey! So glad to hear you finally got everything worked out. I just started Accutane yesterday....on my 2nd day of treatment. I had alot better experience with my derm- they even registered me in iPledge on a Saturday! I look foward to see how your treatment differs!

What is your mg?

Juliet7714:I will be starting with 20mg but the derm said if after a month my body responds positively to the 20mg he will up my dosage to 40mg and then after that to 60mg.....but he said for now he's going with my weight and height i think 20mg is toooo low but lets see. Btw, thank you =]..is soo nice to know that im starting a day after you :D

Claravis appears to be the most popular of the generics around here, that's what I'm taking as well. I am on day 7 myself, taking 60mg daily. My best advice is would be to drink lots of water, you'll probably be very thirsty anyway, so it won't be difficult to drink a lot. I also believe it helps to alleviate headaches; I'm pretty sure when you get dehydrated you can develop a headache as a result, so these two things seem to be related. Moisturizing and using gentle products should be a given, best of luck! :)

Edited by callmeamack

GOOD LUCK! :)

and the guy was an ass, you really don't want to be a part of that. way too much negativity from him, you deserve better and someday you'll find better, though it's hard to see it this way at the moment. i hope that time will help you get over him! try to think positive, we're all here to listen to you. :D

Edited by cherrycherryboomboom

Hey!! I wanted to say GOOD LUCK on your course!!

and also, i have to say.. good riddance regarding the guy! I know that its really hard at first, but give it time and distance, and soon you may realize it was a good thing in that it showed you what he was really like on the inside. Plus, you can take the time to focus on what YOU want. chances are, you'll run into him in a few months with clear skin, looking great and he'll want you back.. but it won't matter because you'll be SO over him, and ready for a guy who really deserves you. :) (thats my fantasy at least in these situations. but a lot of times its true!)

Day 2

I woke up to about 6 small breakouts on my jawline right cheek and left cheek. :think: I wanna blame it on my 1st pill....but im :snooty: because since last week i had noticed that i was breaking out bad even on my forehead which is the part of my face thats constantly clear :wall:

Oooo, i have also decided to cut all wheat out of diet. Is not gonna be easy because i loveeeeeee bread loovvvveee bread i could eat a plain piece of bread and be happy the whole day....yea im weird lol. I dont eat anything diary,fried, red meats or produce and limit sweets a lot! eventhought sometimes i happen to see apple pies in my fridge and is hard to resist :rolleyes:. Im on my drinking water, moisturizing lips and face, taking my iron vitamins (im anemic) watching even more my diet mission!! Ooo, and btw i love acne.org i would feel so lost going through this alone :(.

callmeamack: Yea, i think it is.....yet, for whatever reason i wanted to get the accutane brand, i dont know why lol. Thank you for the advice.

cherrycherryboomboom: Thank you, yes only time will help i guess. As for now im kinda done with man at least for a good year!

missmooshoo007: Yes! the focusing on me part is exactly what im trying to do, i need to i havent been single in about 8 years. Im tired of the getting out of a relationship and jumping into a new one.......i should know better by now, so a year break for me =}. About your fantansy, i think about it too and kinda hope it happens but i highly doubt it because eventhought we leave 10 mins away we dont go to the same places, but who knows :doubt: Thank You for the the support =]:D

Btw, i tried taking pics last night but my cam's battery was dead so i will do it tonight :surprised:

sorry to hear you are breaking out...I can't imagine that is a direct result of the medication. I did have a pretty bad headache the 2nd day of pills...Im on day 3 now, starting to get dry lips and thirsty all the time. I also heard that taking Omega 3 helps with the dryness.

Why are you cutting wheat out of your diet? Do you mean carbs in general?

Stay positive!

Day 3 (eventhough i dont take my pill till the night)

Ok, so idk if is my imagination but my knee hurts also I been very emotional but the emotional part i think it is because of other things. Skin wise my cheeks are still breakin out :( . I knew it was not going to be easy so im trying to stay positive.

Sanity talk:

I hate finals!!!! Im going insaneeee! My full time job and school (also full time) has me overwhelmed. I have a presentation today for my business class and i dont feel confident and is not even about how my skin looks is more about the fact that i dont feel well prepared =/. soo guys wish me luck i will need it!

Juliet7714: I also dont think is the pill causing this but who knows :rolleyes: . The reason why im cutting wheat out is because i believe is contributing to my breakouts :think: (not all carbs) and also because Im 5'' and i weight 103 i want to lose 7-10 pounds .Thank for keeping up with my log how are you doing?

That guy sounds like such an ass. Ugh. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with your acne, and more to do with the fact that he's an arrogant jerk. But you know what? If it did? Would you really want to be with someone that judgmental? You deserve to be with someone who loves you for you, regardless of how your skin looks on any given day.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck on your course. I hope your presentation goes well! :)

I am mid way through day 4...so I guess I am just one day ahead! My biggest complaint are the headaches, are you getting them? I get them a couple hours after I take my morning dosage...its making it hard for me to concentrate at work. Boo!

I completely understand how you feel about being so distraught about someone. I was with a guy for two years - my first love - and we ended things for good in January. I said quite a few harsh words to him while we were ending it, which actually caused us to end it (such as saying I didn't love him.. big mistake :/). Anyway, I found out he was dating a JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL (really?!?!) and they hooked up the DAY after we ended it. I was so incredibly crushed and really felt like I was going to kill myself (I was going to transfer schools to be with him, we were planning on getting married in the future), but life DOES go on. You need a group of friends to help you out and of course, if you want, you can PM me any time. Think of all the things that you can look forward to when you're going to have your beautiful skin that will make you feel SO confident!

Day 4 :shifty:

Well, im happy to announce that my presentation was a success!!! I presented my business plan (my business was an "empanada"restaurant)I was soooo nervous but somehow ppl did not noticed, my professor was impressed and happy because i brought in samples of the "empanadas" and she didnt had lunch she ate 2 and they were all gone by the time i turned and around and sat down :dance: so even if i didnt give the best presentation the "empanadas"made up for it :D.

Now, skin wise im still breaking out on my chin,cheeks and my forehead is 2!! which upsets me because i dont breakout there :|, but again trying to stay positive :rolleyes:.

Herecomesthesun: Thank you so much!!!

Blueasyou:Thanks! You are completely right, i dont want someone that will only judge me for my skin or any other physical flaw :snooty:. The good thing is that is getting easy as the days go by. I have :naughty: tried to call him or text him like i used to do before :surprised:.

Juliet7714: Yes, we are one day apart...which is very cool! No i havent experience headaches or at least not yet. I had joint pains and i have been breaking out is not as bad right now but i guess is too early to judge. I think i might not get headaches bcuz i take the pill at night? lol well maybe im wrong. Hope your headaches subside soon.

Crazy09: I wanted to kill myself for so long even b4 i found out what i found out...just because i knew he didnt love me, which is dumb and now i realize that. Thank you, for your support and im sorry about your past relationship. One day we will find a real man =].

Does anyone know how long after eating we gotta take the pill? or is it b4? right after/ is it ok to take it 2 hours after eating? does it make a difference if i dont take it at the same time? lol, sorry for the questions.

Oooo and btw here r my pics:

post-125524-1271978658_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1271978847_thumb.jpg

ps. Im addicted to the emoticons lol

post-125524-1271978658_thumb.jpg

post-125524-1271978847_thumb.jpg