Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samurai_jack

How was your life before acne or acne scars?

My acne and scars occurred around Senior year high school to Freshman year of university, age 17/18. Before these incidents, girls were occassionally asking me out or accepting my proposals. After acne/acne scars, my interaction with the opposite diminshed significantly to almost non-existent.

Now I'm in my mid 20s. My acne is decreased by accutane and better cleansing regimens. My skin is about 35% smoother by smoothbeam. I could tell by the look in some girls eyes that they're interested. One girl told me that I looked cool. I'm gonna get subcision in a few weeks, which will hopefully improve my scars even more. I'll continue to work on my method of smoothening skin (collagen growth and tape as a mold for smooth surface).

Things are getting better, but they have not reached the ideal scenario.

I can't even remember a time when I didn't worry about my face. Well, maybe I can but I was about 10 and didn't even know what zits were. I've had acne ever since I was 12 and I still have it. Sometimes I feel confident but see a picture of myself and it's right back to having no self esteem. I feel like life is passing me by. By the time my face is finally clear, I'll be too old to do anything.

u never respect wat u have until u lose it, but acne's made me appreciate more stuff, my great family, health, good friends, etc.

i got acne when i was 11, so girlfriends didnt count lol.

when i had acne i still had girlfriends on a regular basis up untill the age of 18.

I had a great life, i was social, went drinking in pubs and clubs all the time had attractive girlfriends and was fairly popular.

my acne is now temporarilly gone as i have just finished my 4th course of accutane, but my skin is greasy again :sad: so im not sure how long that will last.

it doesnt matter though, because i have horrific scar tissue and my face is completely ruined.

my life is shit, i am pathetic, reclusive and only leave the house when it is absolutely essential

Life with acne=i had a blast

Life with post acne scars=suicidal :ph34r:

Despite acne, I was able to get girlfriends. When my acne was still pretty bad, I ended up with a great girl that I was with for four years and when I used Tetracycline to slightly clear up my acne, I managed to score a beautiful italian girl. I guess it's all in the attitude. Of course, I'm convinced I'd score a lot more often if I could be totally clear all the time. Thus, I am on Accutane yet again.

Life was allright, I had a lot of girls give me their numbers and stuff. Now life is pretty much the same but girls don't really give me their numbers anymore =) Actually its been two or three years since that has last happened. Sigh.

I was a normal 15 year old.

Now acne has fucked up my self esteem pretty much beyond repair and really i couldnt give a fuck if i died. actually id probably be better off

Life was pretty good until I hit puberty and I got really ugly, really fast. I've been stuck ever since.

I'm pretty reclusive; I got kicked out of college a couple months ago. If they don't let me back in, I don't know what I'll do.

[vent]

Universities are heartless. In my final semester I only passed 3 out of 5 classes because I missed class for 2 months. I was too depressed to leave the house. In my previous five semesters at the University I had a gpa of around 3.95... It didn't matter, I still got kicked out.

Meanwhile, suicide is looking more appealing every day. I've found Usenet is pretty comprehensive on this stuff. I'm praying they let me pick up those two courses so I can get my degree. If not ... :neutral:

[/vent]

My acne and scars occurred around Senior year high school to Freshman year of university, age 17/18. Before these incidents, girls were occassionally asking me out or accepting my proposals. After acne/acne scars, my interaction with the opposite diminshed significantly to almost non-existent.

Now I'm in my mid 20s. My acne is decreased by accutane and better cleansing regimens. My skin is about 35% smoother by smoothbeam. I could tell by the look in some girls eyes that they're interested. One girl told me that I looked cool. I'm gonna get subcision in a few weeks, which will hopefully improve my scars even more. I'll continue to work on my method of smoothening skin (collagen growth and tape as a mold for smooth surface).

Things are getting better, but they have not reached the ideal scenario.

I didn't appreciate my looks before. I didn't think appearance was important. i never wore makeup and although I was a really pretty girl, i didn't believe in myself. if i didn't have this acne i would be thankful for my appearance and appreciate my good looks. I know appearance isn't everything, unfortunately having acne has showed me that appearance counts for a lot.

that's a lesson i didn't want to learn.

I know what u mean I remember hearing commercials about makeup and stuff. i remember think "wtf do u need makeup for? whats a blemish, and how is it gonna make u look better?" I also remember wondrin what this "acne" was that i heard so much about, well I know now thx for teaching me God!

When I didn't have acne I was outgoing and confident. Girls would give me compliments pretty often. I had some attractive girlfriends. I used to go out all the time and I loved meeting new people.

Now that the acne is back I've become very withdrawn and have the crappiest ppl skills b/c i've lost my confidence. It drives me NUTS b/c i know this isn't what my natural personality is like. I try to even fake confidence but it just isn't the same. Now being in social settings makes me super paranoid. I hate meeting new ppl...and sometimes i hate it even more seeing ppl i already so know.

Its as if some imposter has taken control of my mind and is living my life for me.

This might have to go in the venting thread. grr. I only started getting acne about 3 weeks ago when i noticed a patch of it on my shoulder. Now it covers my entire upper body minus my arms.. and theres a little bit on my forehead. Anyways, it keeps getting worse. I've stopped going to the gym, I wont go to the beach or go swimming anymore either. And i never wear a shirt that shows more than just my arms. Like wtf!! Im 19, I had a pimple here and there throughout my teens.. and now this fucking sudden attack! My only saving grace is that I can cover it with clothes. Also, there's this girl I like, and eventually shes gonna see my body.. fuck this is messing with everything! Even though lately i dont find looks to be all that important, that only goes so far... Btw, i dont know shit about acne.. except that i dont want it anymore... is it something ur stuck with for life???

hmm felt a little better to vent...

Interesting opinion, but regadless of sex, most people are evil. In africa men have sex with <12 month old babies in the vain attempt to cure their AIDS, and most wars are started by ego fueled men. You think your life has been pummeled by women (probably immature girls as stupid as immature boys), quite unlikely, realitly is something we fabricated as an excuse for our problems. Really, there is no reality, only perception. And to positively percieve everything, is what make some people unique, and all the others the same mass of pessimistic, misanthropic fckers characterized by a hatred scorn for humankind, or in your case womankind. You can't just take all of this worlds reality and apply it directly into your life. If that were the case, a person would go insane with all the cruelty that happens every moment... Actually reading back, this is a pretty, and incomplete reply. I will go back to my more courteous self.

Guest Tracy
still got no girlfreind though.