Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Max Quin

Verruca Gel left large dark spots (Possibly burns on face)

I was running out of options recently and had nowhere else to turn, now I'm regretting it big time. I went and picked up some Verruca Gel I had lying around and realised one of the ingredients was Salicylic acid 11.25% without thinking I put the cream on my spots.

It removed the spots on my face in one night amazingly enough, but in there place are huge dark circular spots. PLEASE HELP! I Really don't know what to do?!

Ok next day and well it now seems the dark circle areas are peeling. So I was able to peel some off revealing red but fresh skin underneath.

I applied some nixoderm to the areas lets hope that will clear it up.

Don't worry. Give it a week or two and it will fade. It is probably just chemical burn. I've had my fair share of those.

apply aloe vera gel or moisturizer on it

Edited by AcnePwns

Don't worry. Give it a week or two and it will fade. It is probably just chemical burn. I've had my fair share of those.

apply aloe vera gel or moisturizer on it

Actually believe it or not I think I sort of had a minor chemical peel to an extent. The dark marks starting peeling off today, I don't have any Aloe Vera (Really need some of that stuff though!) though I did apply moisturizer.

The skin underneath looks very healthy although one area did bleed when I peeled of the skin but only a very tiny amount.

I'm going to get some more Neosporin and apply that, also I'm going to make sure to keep the areas moisturized and stay away from benzoyl peroxide for a little while. I'm using Nixoderm which is working wonders as well it does say on the tin that it's for more than acne stuff like Ezcema, rashes and irritation etc seeing as this is similiar I can understand why it's working well.

Belive it or not my mood is completely reversed before I was majorly depressed assuming the skin had been burned and this would take forever to go away (I friend of mine I knew had been burned about a year back and still had highly noticable scaring, so I feared the worst for myself) but now I'm actually ecstatic as I now have zero acne! For once in my life!!!