Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lolatme

it was a beautiful day outside today

and i sat inside picking at my acne all day. how pathetic. I heard cars and birds and music and people outside. they sounded like they were having a great fucking time. and i was just sitting here by myself doing absolutely nothing because i'm ashamed of my ugly face. I can't leave the house. lol. the only thing more pathetic than that is the fact that tomorrow is gonna be exactly the same.

i hope to god i'm clear by summer. i've suffered so long, such a waste of time and I'll never get these years back.

best years of my life ffs

Who cares? I feel fucking ugly these days too, but I put on sunblock, a hat, and sneakers and walked about 4 miles on a nature trail. People usually just bike or run by, and no one is looking at you! I was aware that I still had acne the whole time, but sometimes you just have to fucking get over it and go for a walk.

what if i don't want to go for a walk? what if I want to go to the mall or some place cool? will people just bike or run by and not even notice me then?? what is the point of doing something outside where no one can see your face? just to be outside? fuck that. I want my public outings to be meaningful. when I leave my house I'm gonna make sure my skin is clear enough so people can see my face and so I can be confident, I'm not going for some piddly little walk around the park with a god damn hat on hiding myself. that's no different than sitting in your room.

Edited by lolatme

No, it isn't. You complained about not being able to enjoy the outdoors. Well that's what I did by going for a walk. Enjoying nature IS meaningful. And exercise/fresh air can only improve your mood. And the hat wasn't to hide myself, it's to keep the sun out of my face.

I thought I was pessimistic. YOU need to improve your attitude. I understand you're upset but you're just making things worse for yourself. Yes it's ok to sulk and cry, I do that about 5 hours a day in my parents' arms. But there's a point where if you don't do something you'd die in a puddle of your own self pity.

not only does my shit skin keep me inside more than not, but the fucking pills they have me on make me really susceptible to sun burn, so ive got the double whammy going on here

No, it isn't. You complained about not being able to enjoy the outdoors. Well that's what I did by going for a walk. Enjoying nature IS meaningful. And exercise/fresh air can only improve your mood. And the hat wasn't to hide myself, it's to keep the sun out of my face.

I thought I was pessimistic. YOU need to improve your attitude. I understand you're upset but you're just making things worse for yourself. Yes it's ok to sulk and cry, I do that about 5 hours a day in my parents' arms. But there's a point where if you don't do something you'd die in a puddle of your own self pity.

It's not that easy for everybody. Every situation is different. For example, maybe the fact that you actually have somebody that you're close enough to that you can confide in and cry with them gives you the strength to get over your acne and go outside. Not everybody has that support. Personally, I'm flying solo in this, and I know there are others who are as well. Also, acne has different levels of impact on everybody, and they might be in a completely different state of mind than you.

You can't just be like 'YOU'RE JUST SULKING IMPROVE YOUR ATTITUDE AND GO OUTSIDE AND BE FREE IT'S NOT THAT HARD" because for some, it kind of is.

It's not that easy for everybody. Every situation is different. For example, maybe the fact that you actually have somebody that you're close enough to that you can confide in and cry with them gives you the strength to get over your acne and go outside. Not everybody has that support. Personally, I'm flying solo in this, and I know there are others who are as well. Also, acne has different levels of impact on everybody, and they might be in a completely different state of mind than you.

You can't just be like 'YOU'RE JUST SULKING IMPROVE YOUR ATTITUDE AND GO OUTSIDE AND BE FREE IT'S NOT THAT HARD" because for some, it kind of is.

I realize this, I suppose I was just trying to be encouraging. And when someone snaps unreasonably at the idea of taking a walk, which I think is a good idea, I guess I just take it personally. With most things, the hardest part is just getting out there in the first place.

And acne HAS affected me very severely, if you don't believe it has. I think I'm beautiful without it. So all I can do is keep my head up until the day my face is fixed.

yesterday was wonderful! i don't have much acne right now.. just a giant whitehead on my right cheek and a bunch of PIH on my cheeks. nothing the foundation can't cover :)

i went to my grandma's and we had a great time. we had yummy food, talked about everything, and chilled outside.

its even more pathetic for me that its spring break and the hottest girl ever wants to come to my house but nope i have to make up the excuse that i have strep throat so no one can see me then i just hide in a corner all day

thought you guys shouldve get used to it already.

if its that bad get use to enjoying a beautiful day outside inside. its just like taking a break from the crowd its great.

If you want to go outside... go outside! There's no excuse. Yeah, acne sucks, and you don't want to show your face.. I know. I go through the same thing. But don't feel sorry for yourself. Show yourself you have courage and just do it!

Can't exactly take back time and fix it, but I hope you learn from this. It's a lesson. The next time it's nice out, do something outside - even if it's just sitting out in the sun reading a book. :)

what if i don't want to go for a walk? what if I want to go to the mall or some place cool? will people just bike or run by and not even notice me then?? what is the point of doing something outside where no one can see your face? just to be outside? fuck that. I want my public outings to be meaningful. when I leave my house I'm gonna make sure my skin is clear enough so people can see my face and so I can be confident, I'm not going for some piddly little walk around the park with a god damn hat on hiding myself. that's no different than sitting in your room.

Well I'm not sure if going to the mall is meaningful by any standard.....

But I understand wanting to be social. I am usually self conscious about my skin and I think people pick up on that. It's especially hard once you begin a new regimen and you know you've got 6-8 before you MIGHT end up seeing results. It's tough too because I think most people who DONT have acne DONT understand that it's not something that is your fault and most people with acne are trying everything under the sun to clear it up. There have definitely been days where I opted out of a party or a work event because I felt like my face looked horrific and couldn't bare to socialize with people.

It's easier said to say to someone, who cares, suck it up, just be confident. When I've gotten a crazy active breakout in the past I wouldn't want to leave my house and was thankful I freelance and didn't have to be expected to show up somewhere for work.

Since I started seeing a new dermatologist and have started a new regimen I feel like he is committed to getting me clear and its much easier for me to be in public having a breakout, because it's in my mind that I will be clear eventually, may take 6-8 weeks, maybe a year but I am actively doing something to clear my skin up.

its even more pathetic for me that its spring break and the hottest girl ever wants to come to my house but nope i have to make up the excuse that i have strep throat so no one can see me then i just hide in a corner all day

Walrus, this girl knows what you look like and still wants to come over so LET HER. She obviously doesnt care and likes you, dont deny a chance at love.