Notifications
Clear all

Marijuana

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 04/04/2010 6:23 pm

Ok so i know how people always say that smoking makes your skin look ugly but thats with cigarretes. Im not gonna lie, i smoke weed once in a while and its a good way to hang out with friends and just relax. But i really dont know if its actually bad or good for my skin? Does weed affect skin the same way as acigarettes does or does anyone have bad effects on their skin when they smoke, IF you smoke as well? Just want to know what people think about this topic.

MemberMember
(@miketomass)

Posted : 04/04/2010 6:48 pm

Well for my research, and for my personal experience with friends. Yes, it can make your acne much worse....it can also accelerate hairloss if you donAt have the best genetics.

Although marijuana is highly popularized these days, be careful...

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 04/04/2010 7:13 pm

Well for my research, and for my personal experience with friends. Yes, it can make your acne much worse....it can also accelerate hairloss if you dont have the best genetics.

Are you serious? It can accelerate hair loss. I didnt know that. Maybe thats why my brother is going bald LOL.

MemberMember
(@03gt)

Posted : 04/05/2010 9:02 pm

it makes your skin get oil faster you dumb fuqing idiot

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 04/06/2010 1:07 am

speaking from long personal experience, it does NOT have effect on acne

That's all I'm going to say because talking about drugs will get you banned on this site

MemberMember
(@dykim90)

Posted : 04/06/2010 1:10 am

thats a hard call. i think for me it did because whenever i did, i got oiler and much redder. but i loved it. if you can, smoke weed everday. haha

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 04/06/2010 1:58 pm

Well for my research, and for my personal experience with friends. Yes, it can make your acne much worse....it can also accelerate hairloss if you dont have the best genetics.

Are you serious? It can accelerate hair loss. I didnt know that. Maybe thats why my brother is going bald LOL.

Why would you get banned, its relating to acne and A LOT of people smoke weed. The stupid government just says its bad. Alcohol is much worse. Once they really need money they will legalize weed and tax THE HELL out of it. Watch....

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 04/06/2010 2:09 pm

Posts promoting illegal drug use, or posts discussing drug use that are not acne-related are not allowed on these boards.

From the board rules:

-No promoting illegal behavior.

-No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

Posting about drug use as it pertains to acne, however, is allowed.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. ; )

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 04/06/2010 10:42 pm

Posts promoting illegal drug use, or posts discussing drug use that are not acne-related are not allowed on these boards.

From the board rules:

-No promoting illegal behavior.

-No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

Posting about drug use as it pertains to acne, however, is allowed.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings. ; )

Thanks for CLEARING that up get it.....what a lame joke

MemberMember
(@miimii)

Posted : 04/07/2010 5:44 pm

Well my experience is that smoking will make your acne worse. But it's not really the weed, it's more the cigarettes. You should smoke pure tobacco instead. Cigarettes are full of bad stuff.

When you smoke weed your body uses much energy and you get a shortage of vitamine B. That's why you feel so relaxed and lazy. Vitamine B are very important to have good skin condition.

So this could also be the reason people get acne from smoking weed. Here in Holland it's legal so once in a while I buy some. But it's not good for my skin, I always regret afterwards.

It's certainly better then alcohol which is harddrugs, weed is a soft drugs.

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 04/08/2010 4:00 pm

Well my experience is that smoking will make your acne worse. But it's not really the weed, it's more the cigarettes. You should smoke pure tobacco instead. Cigarettes are full of bad stuff.

When you smoke weed your body uses much energy and you get a shortage of vitamine B. That's why you feel so relaxed and lazy. Vitamine B are very important to have good skin condition.

So this could also be the reason people get acne from smoking weed. Here in Holland it's legal so once in a while I buy some. But it's not good for my skin, I always regret afterwards.

It's certainly better then alcohol which is harddrugs, weed is a soft drugs.

I really think i should start taking vitamins because i really neglect that part of my diet. I really have NO interest in smoking tobacco because i hate it period. Cigarettes are even worse so Im really glad Im not addicted to them. Thanks for the Vitamin B knowledge though, Im going to get some pills in GNC to take care of that

MemberMember
(@436)

Posted : 04/08/2010 4:18 pm

If you are gonna smoke weed do what i do

Use a vaporizer

burning the wed actually releases more toxins into the lungs

when you use a vaporizer you only release 3 chemicals one in which is THC and thats what gets you high

thats just my 2 cents but weed is good in some ways like it helps with stress and stuff

ever sincee i stopped smoking my acne got worse mainly because it was my stress reliever from school & work

so starting 4 20 im gonna take a couple hits a day just to relieve the stress ive been having

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 04/11/2010 5:44 am

It never affected my skin in any way, but I was never a heavy smoker of it. My heaviest use was a couple of joints every weekend for about 6 months. If you're smoking joints then there's going to be tobacco in there, so it's not going to be GREAT for your skin or health at any rate.

If you're smoking just once in a while, then I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy.

MemberMember
(@srotriya)

Posted : 05/03/2010 11:17 am

Maybe this website will help to clarify things for you.

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 05/09/2010 11:30 am

Taking vitamins would be a good idea. Over time supplements can really help your skin. I think marijuana might not make your skin worse in short-time (or not horribly worse) but it will make you look older sooner.

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 05/09/2010 4:00 pm

Eh that link is about longs not about skin. This post was not about how healthy smoking mariuana is. Which is btw pretty healthy since you dont smoke a whole pack a day but only a few a year. (most people). With this less it has such a minor effect that i wouldnt think its a good argument. One beer is way more dangorous then smoking 1 sigarette. And i think eating a cake is more dangerous than smoking mariuana. Not that you should if you dont live in the netherlands. Because you shouldnt do illegal things thats stupid.

For the question i think it varies from person to person for what ive red. Some say it highly effects it and others say it doesnt at all.

What the hell do you mean with that!

MemberMember
(@hockyrocky28)

Posted : 05/09/2010 4:21 pm

Doesn't sound like you do it that much, but my older brother smoked weed everyday for the longest time and he's going crazy bald dude. He's just turned 21 and there's absolutely no hair loss problems in our family genetics. He has terrible ass skin so maybe that could be the culprit but i'm not sure. I'm almost 100% that it caused his hair problems though. So just try not to overdue that shit and definitly take vitamins because as far as I know it can cause deficiencies which can cause acne. I only read the first post cause I'm lazy as shit so sorry if I repeated anything.

MemberMember
(@imakethemkitkatfries)

Posted : 05/11/2010 6:40 pm

Thanks guys for all the helpful tips. I understand smoking cant be healthyif you abuse it, and im talking about marijuana but i really dont smoke that much. To be specific a dime bag can last me about 4 days so thats not that much at all compared to what my friends smoke daily. Anyways, that whole lung cancer article someone put up was about cigarretes and i HATE cigarretes so i dont think that really applies to me. I noticed there are many diffrent kind of B vitamins so which are the ones that are good for the skin. Is it b12 or b6 or B1586...... it seems like theres so many damn numbers for each vitamin. Anyways, my opinion on smoking is that its healthier than alcohol and people need to stop making it look like the devils drug. I understand the importance of drug prevention in small adolescents that are maturing but if your a adult and worked your ass of all day and come home from work and serve yourself a drink of some jack daniels, what the hells the big diffrence of you coming home and instead deciding to relax with a nice bowl of some chronic. Put your priorities first and then smoke your weed because weed CAN make you lazy. Alcohol impairs and makes you do stupid things that weed simply is not potent enough to make you do. But a good point against weed is that sometimes simply delaying the time that a young teenager (13) takes to smoke their first blunt can make all the diffrence. Lets say someone starts smoking at 13 and after about 4 years of doing it, he might get bored and want to try something harder with a bigger high. Kids usually have no true responsibilities at 16 or 17 so they have much time to experiment.So simply prolonging the time that it takes a kid to smoke for the first time can make a diffrence because at 19 and 20 we start to mature and grow up and start having responsibilites and jobs so they dont have so much free time like they did in high school..... ANYWAYS, just expressing my opinion which has nothing to do with acne but we are mostly all adults and are smart enough to know what is right and wrong. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO AND SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHAT SPECIFIC VITAMINS ARE GOOD FOR THE SKIN

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 05/11/2010 6:51 pm

Reminder: No posts relating to recreational illicit drug use, whether street drugs or prescription medications, unless specifically related to acne.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 05/12/2010 9:34 am

hes high man hes high.. hes been smokin that ssshhhiiiittt

MemberMember
(@chelseabmc)

Posted : 10/03/2010 3:05 pm

MARIJUANA IS NOT ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE.

"Those interested in medical cannabis will remember that the CB1 receptors, discovered less than 20 years ago, are activated by THC and other cannabinoids in cannabis. This activation provides the psychoactive effects of cannabis and also some of its other health enhancing properties. CB receptors also respond to endocannabinoids produced by own bodies, primarily in our nerve cells. The receptors are part of the endocannabinoid receptor (or regulatory) system, now seen as a major physiological system, with important roles in pain relief, neuroprotection and anti-inflammation, even digestion and vision.

Such CB1 activation by THC from the plant world or anandamide from our own cells, along with other cannabinoids produced by the cannabis plant or our own bodies, can provide profound health benefits. Cannabinoids also work by activating CB2 receptors (primarily found on immune cells). Independent of their actions on receptors, cannabinoids are anti-oxidants, protecting nerve cells and other tissue from oxidation stress."

MORE AT *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

MemberMember
(@sunset1)

Posted : 10/17/2010 12:25 am

I would say that it depends on the person.

I know people who smoke it who have clear skin and I know people who smoke it who have acne. It's not really a yes or no question.

However, I wouldn't suggest smoking it lol. It can have other unwanted effects on you not to mention it is illegal lol.

MemberMember
(@pennygracie)

Posted : 11/02/2010 11:53 pm

It makes my breakouts worse

MemberMember
(@black13)

Posted : 11/03/2010 10:25 am

ive been smoking weed everyday for the past 7 years, i stopped to get a job and my acne got horrible. i wondered if there was a connection so when i started smoking again i looked for change in my acne, it got 95% better. sometimes when i have a bad breakout, while im high my skin might look a little worse but after it looks better than it did before i smoked. i started smokin weed at age 13 and im almost 20 with no hair loss at all ive never even heard of that happening. i have 50 friends who smoke just as much as me and never had hairloss or anything. but some people are different so i cant say its completely not true. overall weed makes my skin 95% better ill never quit smokin it, im married to the mary jane!

MemberMember
(@boss01)

Posted : 11/03/2010 11:53 am

You should quit that stuff is crap. Dunno if it makes your skin worse

but it will make your fitness worse and if you continue it can mess with your mental health.