Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

and I still have acne...

probably not a surprise to a lot of you

my dad told me he stopped having it when he was 19...and ever since I turned 19 I've been waiting for the day I'll be freed from this

I have gone thru extreme depression (almost suicide) cycles, and not give a shit cycles, I have avoided the girl I like as much as possible, felt despair and cried, even tho im guy...

There's a guy one year older than me at the univ. When he came back to start his third year, his skin was completely clear...

What is the supposed age-range at which people grow out of acne? 19-22? does that sound right?

I know not everyone grows out of it, but I think I will...

it doesn't matter if no one wants to reply, life sucks anyway

fuck........:(

I'm turning 20 this year and I still have acne :shrug: Although it is under control for now.

Just find something that works for you and stick with it. Keep your sanity!

Good luck<3

I turned 19 few weeks back, like 6 months ago i posted somem pics on this site. Now i look back and my skin looks better than it does now, fuck sake :(

I'm turning 19 in less than 3 months and my facial acne shows no signs of improvement.

On the plus side, though, my back and shoulder acne has gotten a lot better. Back acne is a better indicator of androgen levels than facial acne, so I guess this means that the androgen levels of my teenage years are starting to drop. I hope I'm right!

Either way, it doesn't really change a thing. I'm going to uni in 5 months whether I have acne or not. Don't let it get to you, because it can affect the quality of your life.

Peace bro.

Turning 21 in the summer.

My skin looked much better a year ago, now pft I dunno what happened?! It's weeeeird.

I thought my skin would clear when I turned 20.

thought the same at 21.

For some it will never get better. At least it's not unusual to have *severe* acne at the age of 19. At 25? you're a freak.

I just turned 19 last week. My mom always tells me I'll "outgrow" my acne in my early 20s. We shall see about that.

Guest DireStraits

Im 22.

On my 22nd b'day earlier this year i made the decision enough is enough im going on accutane, cause im not going to grow out of this shit.

Edited by DireStraits

I'm turning 21 in the spring. When I was in my late teens, I used to believe I will outgrow this because my parents would always try to convince me that it would get better but I'm not getting my hopes up. Just got to keep doing the whole trial and error process I guess.

I dunno what age, but I honestly doubt you'll have acne into your 30's, or even mid 20's.. Give it alil more time. Maybe a year or 2 and it'll be clear and will stop.

and I still have acne...

probably not a surprise to a lot of you

my dad told me he stopped having it when he was 19...and ever since I turned 19 I've been waiting for the day I'll be freed from this

I have gone thru extreme depression (almost suicide) cycles, and not give a shit cycles, I have avoided the girl I like as much as possible, felt despair and cried, even tho im guy...

There's a guy one year older than me at the univ. When he came back to start his third year, his skin was completely clear...

What is the supposed age-range at which people grow out of acne? 19-22? does that sound right?

I know not everyone grows out of it, but I think I will...

it doesn't matter if no one wants to reply, life sucks anyway

fuck........:(

Dude, you might be my twin.

I'm 20, the only kid in the entire school with acne, I'm depressed every day (more so from acne scars, but acne will be back in full force with summer rolling around), I've cried.

Also, my dad has said some shit before that I don't believe. First, he told me junior/senior year in high school I would hit my growth spurt... BULLSHIT. You can cry all the fuck you want about acne, imagine how bad it is if you're also THE SHORTEST guy on campus.

My dad also told me he stopped getting acne in his early 20's. I'm going to call BULLSHIT again. I have the worlds worst genes, there's no way my acne will go away.

So anyway, unless you're also the SHORTEST guy on campus, please, I urge you to quit complaining... I guarantee you my situation is worse than yours.

I am 20 and a half and still no major signs of improvement.. I hope I'll "grow out" of it by the time I'm 22/23, even though I'll obviously have these scars as a reminder for the rest of my life :)

Edited by mattio