Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ijpinilla

question number umteenth-million about flakes

Alright, so I have been on the regimen since October of 2009. I'm just one among the many that it has worked for. It completely cleared up all my inflamed acne. Now that I'm left with blackheads and comedonal acne, I've been on a regimen for the last month that is Dan's and Laura's non-inflamed regimen mixed, which has worked very well at progressively reducing my blackheads and comedones with no return of inflamed lesions thus far.

In the mornings, I gently use a non-medicated scrub wash, apply BP, and moisturize.

In the nights, I scrub, BP, and apply AHA.

To my befuddlement, I still have considerably flaky skin (which I've battled with from week one) after manually and chemically exfoliating every day. What gives? Does it take a certain length of time to see improvement of flakiness with AHA? I've only been using that for two weeks aside from everything else.

It's pretty problematic because it affects my application of make-up (to cover up lots of hyperpigmentation for the time being). I use a liquid and even have to carefully blot every millimeter of my face with the applicator sponge as to not stir up flakes.. and that isn't even completely successful. There are always a few persistent flaky areas (temple area, nostrils, and laugh line area).

I'm not sure what else I could do for this.

Edited by ijpinilla

Are you using any extra jojoba oil? If not, I would suggest giving this a try. You might also consider using the AHA lotion just 2-3 nights per week.

well what i do is right after i wash my face i rub a few drops of jojoba oil on my face and rub it in (maybe a minute or two) and then with a little cloth i just wipe it off gently just so i dont have any oil on my face and then i put bp

though i am not sure if it affects the bp's effectiveness (i'll have to do a little research)

but anyways doing this really helped me =)

I'm not on Dan's regimen so I'm not sure if it's okay to use the baby brush method while using so much BP or use a gentle cotton ball.

I've been using retinoids and constantly have skin peeling and clumping off when I wash my face. I find if I wash my face too quickly I think it's all okay and 2 seconds later I rub my finger down my face and skin comes off in clumps.

I use a cotton ball and a bit of cetaphil cleanser to "exfoliate" them off while cleansing.

I agree though, adding some jojoba into your moisturizer will probably help too.

For me though, when I moisturize like that, I am basically moisturizing clumps of peeled off skin on my face. So 3 times a week or more often I really needed something to remove the skin since completely preventing it isn't really an option.

---i'm editing this! i tried a super soft brush and i felt like i was taking of the top layer of my skin. i did it for about 3 seconds before i realized it was a terrible idea. the following day I am still red and irritated from it. i'm sticking to using a cotton ball to remove any flakes coming off---

Edited by 27inLA

well what i do is right after i wash my face i rub a few drops of jojoba oil on my face and rub it in (maybe a minute or two) and then with a little cloth i just wipe it off gently just so i dont have any oil on my face and then i put bp

though i am not sure if it affects the bp's effectiveness (i'll have to do a little research)

but anyways doing this really helped me =)

I don't think it does you know, I've been slapping on loads of jojoba for the last few months before my BP, and I don't wipe the jojoba off or anything. and my skin has still kept on improving with less flakiness.

Edited by Benzo