Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lifeless

Does this seem right after 4 profractional laser treatments?

I've had four profractional laser treatments done on both of my cheeks for severe scarring. It has been about 4-5 weeks since I've had the last one done. I thought my scarring would look better, but under certain lighting my scars still stick out like a sore thumb.

Shouldn't they look better after so many treatments? If I remember right, my doctor aggressively treated the left side (my left) which has the worst scars. So will these become less visible after the redness goes away?

4485072642_9f1b871211_o.jpg

4484422639_ec3ee5e72f_o.jpg

4484422603_0425bee430_o.jpg

All three of these pictures were taken under the harshest light I could find so you can see the scars well.

Edited by Lifeless

It's hard to tell exactly the extent of your scarring with those pictures. They seem too small.

I am unsure which Fraxel you had but it seems you may want to go with a more ablative procedure to get the desired results. I say this because I am being realistic. I don't know what type of funds you may have available or treatment options in your area but many people do not have their desired results with just 4 Fraxel treatments for scarring. I have been a member for years and read alot of the Fraxel thread since I was considering it myself. It seems your skin still looks pink and that normally means it is still healing and could very well look much better in a month or so.

You are so young and your skin is capable of so much at this age so you have alot of options. Be very careful to research your procedures and while I think you may have to go to a more invasive procedure for quick results, there are also alot of risks. You may also want to look into subscision or a combination of procedures but don't rush into anything. I had my cheeks dermabraded for large pores and one major icepick and a few shallow scars. I cannot believe I did it but it was a long time ago and I wanted super smooth skin. I still can catch the light at certain angles on my left cheek and see the vertical line from the machine. Not like a real scar, but a pigment line.

Still, chin up and come on I am sure you will find something which will help. One grand thing about oily or acne prone skin is we age at a slower rate than the ones we consider fortunate with the porcelain dry skin.

It's hard to tell exactly the extent of your scarring with those pictures. They seem too small.

I am unsure which Fraxel you had but it seems you may want to go with a more ablative procedure to get the desired results. I say this because I am being realistic. I don't know what type of funds you may have available or treatment options in your area but many people do not have their desired results with just 4 Fraxel treatments for scarring. I have been a member for years and read alot of the Fraxel thread since I was considering it myself. It seems your skin still looks pink and that normally means it is still healing and could very well look much better in a month or so.

You are so young and your skin is capable of so much at this age so you have alot of options. Be very careful to research your procedures and while I think you may have to go to a more invasive procedure for quick results, there are also alot of risks. You may also want to look into subscision or a combination of procedures but don't rush into anything. I had my cheeks dermabraded for large pores and one major icepick and a few shallow scars. I cannot believe I did it but it was a long time ago and I wanted super smooth skin. I still can catch the light at certain angles on my left cheek and see the vertical line from the machine. Not like a real scar, but a pigment line.

Still, chin up and come on I am sure you will find something which will help. One grand thing about oily or acne prone skin is we age at a slower rate than the ones we consider fortunate with the porcelain dry skin.

Well, I got the sciton profractional laser done. The doc who did it never said anything about it not working for my type of scars. She did tell me, however, that I was never going to have "perfect" skin. She told me that she was amazed at the results from the treatments, but I don't know if she was just saying that to protect her back. If over $1200 was spent in vain, and this laser is useless for my type of scars and she knew that, and took my money anyway........I'm gonna being an extremely b*tchy customer.

By the way, she was a young doctor; about in her 30's. So maybe she was inexperienced? Maybe she didn't treat it aggressive enough, or even in the right way? :(

Edited by Lifeless

All those things are possible. Plus, they're still paying off their loans at that age and it's possible they will fudge giving treatments to make the money.

Complain and see what that gets you. At the very least she might be willing to do another one for free.

you do know lasers are a scam, and have shown to cause damage. Its so sad , how can this sh*t be an approved therapy.

Edited by epcortek

I think you should wait till the redness fades before you make any conclusions. Honestly though, 1200 is not much for laser treatments. Just one Fraxel restore in my area is around 800. I may be confusing it with the repair, but the less agressive one in this area is 800 per treatment and sometimes less with package deals.

I spent around 1200 on smoothbeam when it first came out and for a few years after.

I spent 1000 on dermabrasion for my cheeks more than 15 years ago. It costs alot more now, I am sure. I also had some v-beam and quite a few 100$ micro-dermabrasions. This kind of stuff is not cheap since alot of the machines they use cost in the 100,000's.

If your skin is still red, it means it is still healing and most likely you will see more results and some flaking etc... when the skin starts to heal more.

At your age, you have many options. Try to be optomistic and if you don't get the results you want with this treatment, look for something else. Just be smart about it and don't do anything that might cause more damage. Peace.