Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all. I'm Warren from south africa. I have never discussed my acne before and doing so is real difficult for me. I have had this problem since i was about 15, i'm now 18. I am a recovering heroin addict and have been off the junk for 8months. Since i got clean i have tried a few acne treatments. All have failed. My first attempt was 3months of Purbac anti-bio's and diferin gel. The results where visible but not great. Then 3 months of doxi anti bio's and zineryt. Again the results didn't satisfy me. So last week i went onto accutane. I'm taking 40mg's daily at night. I'm taking it with food and a glass of milk. My acne is not serve but not moderate either. Tonight i took my 8th dose so far. So far the only side effect's are slightly dry lips and eyes. I have however experienced a serve breakout. Mainly on my cheeks, neck and chin and upper lip. Which is really bothering me. I work in the retail sector so dealing with customers is really not nice, looking the way i do at the moment. Its honestly starting to put a damper on my serenity and recovery big time. I really want to be clear by the time i am 1year clean off the drugs which will be in 4months time. I have no real question. But i'd really like someone to talk, relate to me based on what i've said. And also some more info on the initial break out would be great. Thanks alot:).

Hi,

The initial breakout can last about 3-4 but some people get lucky and start getting clear much sooner than that. Just stick with it, the results are sooo worth it.

:)!