Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi All,

I just joined this website because I've been referring to it for quite some time now and it's really helped me, so I want to say thank you to all of you for your opinions and input. I don't normally do this type of thing but I've been taking supplements that have really helped me, along with Dan's regimen and I feel compelled to share, so I hope someone reads this! I started off receiving acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs 2 years ago and the herbs have helped greatly with other medical problems I've had (heartburn, chronic urinary tract infections) but haven't helped my acne that much---however the acupuncture will help with acne if performed often (at least once a week---I think because it helps with stress, anxiety, and immunity which can help reduce acne). I started Dan's regimen about 4 weeks ago, using Exposed skin care benzoyl peroxide and I just ordered Dan's BP because it's much cheaper. It was and has working great for me thus far, but I wasn't convinced that internally I was solving the problem. I want perfect skin. So, I started taking vitamin A (from fish oils) 10,000IU per day ---please be careful with this---they say you can take up to 25,000IU a day but why take more if you don't need to. Also, I consulted a nutritionist and she said betacarotene is converted to vitamin A in the body so you can get the same effects taking that and it's much safer. While this is true, I think the added Omega 3s from the fish oils are helping me so I might stick with this. In addition, I'm taking 400 IUs of vitamin E, pure organic Acai berry 1000mg (high Omegas), 1,000IU vitamin D3 (cod liver oil---excellent omega source), and Dan's AHA+ as a moisturizer at night. I know this is a lot of pills but I can't believe how much better my skin looks and feels! Two things I'm thinking of adding after talking with the nutritionist are zinc (helps heal wounds, in this case acne, and helps transport vitamin A in the body---there's no point in taking vitamin A if you have a zinc deficiency) but I'm not sure the mg so do your research and take care. I will add probiotics as well. These no doubt will help aid in digestion, which is another source of breakouts, at least for me. They are expensive, but they do get to the heart of the problem, and if you grew up taking antibiotics frequently like I did (and most kids do), there is a good chance your intestines are depleted of the good bacteria that are imperative for digestion.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, concerns.

Sincerely,

Catie

I take those as well except for the vitamin E, it broke me out. And I take 50 mg of zinc it really does help.