Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Grr. Flaking skin. I've tried Cetaphil (Daily facial moisturizer and the cream) but I'm still looking like I have facial dandruff. Exfoliating doesn't make it better. Does anyone here know of a good AHA available in Canada?

I've been all over Shopper's and Pharma Plus but haven't found one. cry.gif Wahhh!

Sadly we can't get Alpha Hydrox here anymore until the end of 2005. Apparently the Enhanced Cream is awesome. You can for sure order it over the internet if you'd like, or by phone. Just check out the website. I am currently using a product from Neostrata. Expensive though, and its suppose to be oil-free, but it seems a little greasy to me. It hasn't helped too much with scarring either. But it helps with the little bumps and softens the skin soo much. I have also had less overnight breakouts. Its the mattifying something lotion. I use it only at night, and it has 8% glycolic acid. Other good products you can get are from RoC, Vichy...also Neutrogena has one, but i'm not sure how much glycolic acid is in it, and their being stupid pricks and not telling me. lol Ya, I already sent them a mean e-mail. But I was considering it though, cuz its much cheaper than most of the others.

Well good luck with finding your AHA. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone to use some kind of AHA and BHA in their regimes. It has made such an improvement in my skin.

I am currently trying NeoStrata with 8% Gluconolactone. According to the pharmacist this does the same thing as AHA but is more gentle and ALSO moisturizes + neostrata put some SPF 15 in the solution too... i will keep you updated on how it goes. Today is my second day so far no results ( i have mild acne with TONS of red marks and uneven skin tone.)

hope this helps! smile.gif

Tessa

I've looked all through Shopper's and London Drugs too for an AHA moisturizer without breaking the bank. I live in Calgary and I finally found one that works great and is only $5.99 at Shopper's Drug Mart. It's St. Ives Renewal Cream with alpha and beta hydroxy. It comes in a large stand up tube and is with all the other St. Ives products such as their apricot scrubs, etc. Hope that helps...much cheaper than Roc or NeoStrata!

biggrin.gif

I use Neostrata Daytime matifying fluid or something like that. It contains 8% Glycolic Acid and SPF15. And it's also some soft of moisturizer for oily/acne-prone skin.

bah i need SOMETHING with 10% AHA in it but can't seem to find anything. I go to shopper's and they are assholes and the Independent pharmacy near me doesn't carry any of it. .....Someone with info on 10% AHA products in Canada?

You can get the Alpha Hydrox Products shipped to Canada. DDF makes tons of products with 10%GA, plus other acids in it(I think mine had lactic as well).

You can also get really good ones off of e-bay. When I got a SA peel kit I recieved a 10% glycolic wash and toner for free with it(They also gave out the 10% moisturizer), and they were both better than anythign else I've used as far as low concentration glycolic products go(Although this was a year ago and I don't know if they still sell it).

I use this stuff by kiss my face called peaches and creme moisturizer with 8% AHA....i got it at a health food store and it smells soooo good...im in love wub.gif

Several years ago I hear that Canada doesn't allow sale of AHAs for the face over 8% (although I've seen 10% for body/feet). Hopefully that rule has or will change. In the meantime, almost all of my skincare comes from the U.S. or The Shopping Channel.

From time to time I use Neutorgena's Daily Face Cream with 2% salicylic acid and retinol. It comes in a small (29mL) tube. As long as you're not allergic to salicylic acid, this ingredient can kill acne bacteria (to a limited degree) and it can penetrate through the oils on the skin better than glycolic acid.

You might want to check out www.theshoppingchannel.com - a Canadian site. They have a huge array of innovative skin care produts. e.g. Joan Rivers Daily Improvement Treatment Formula has 10% AHA's (as per Joan when she's on air) and Cosmederm-7 which acts as a buffer to prevent irritation. The Serious Skin Care line also has numerous exfoliating treatments and moisturizers.

just putting in my 2 cents. i've recently started using baxter's night cream. it only has a measly 2-3% AHA but i guess that's a good thing considering i'm just starting. smile.gif you can look for skinceuticals. they have AHA formulations and there's a clinic down at dunbar that sells this stuff. i know 'cause i've been there. try googling anti-aging clinic or something. kinda forgot. and if you're curious, i got my baxter's at momentum grooming at burrard.

I use this stuff by kiss my face called peaches and creme moisturizer with 8% AHA....i got it at a health food store and it smells soooo good...im in love wub.gif

I just ordered 2 bottles of eucerin daily renewal from drugstore.com (using the international-orders.com site) so i'll let you guys know how that goes.

Looks like drugstore.com ships it to international-orders.com and then they re-ship it to me. taxes and duty pre-paid.

theres about 12$ of shipping costs added, but oh well.. if these products were on the shelves here they'd probably be like 20+$ bottle cdn.

also ordered 2 bars of that cetaphil anti-bacterial soap.. because all we got here is the non anti-bacterial bars.. (and even then the ingredients are probably different).

im in ontario canada btw.