Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ohhh okay cool! I was like aw did they not send me curcumin because I send them too many emails or something?!? Haha but I hope it helps you a lot! Curcumin has a lot of amazing health benefits, really an awesome supplement.

If I remember correctly, the new formula has 50mg of b6 per serving of 2 pills, and they reccomend taking 2, 2x daily. That's 100 mg of b6, which is kind of risky. I've cut down now, and take 1 in the morning, and 1 twelve hours later. Just thought I'd warn everyone here, and I'm honestly not so big of a fan of this increased dosage. Make sure you aren't getting b6 in other vitamins, like a b-complex, or certain multivitamins that are marketed as "energy supporting" as they tend to be high in b vitamins as well.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02763/vitamin-b6.html

Still getting clogged pores that have to be dug out every night after 4 months on av script. I font get it. Has anyone seen a difference in come domes? I still take two pills a day an d wonder if I should just quit

Perhaps you should look into other things Wicky, what is your diet like? I've been reading Dr.Perricone's "The Wrinkle Cure" and in it, he talks about the benefits of alpha lipoic acid speeding up the metabolism of cellular activity, and topically it reduced many of his patients pore size, which he hypothesizes is due to it's ability to help normalize their sebaceous gland's activity, much like the effects of accutane. It also gave a nice glow to their skin. Perhaps you could look into applying it topically, and also taking it internally? Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about it more in depth! There's also some great links in the nutrition and health section about sebum quality.

I always read this thread when there's a new post, but finally am putting some time aside to make a post.

I hope things get better for you someday wicky, I don't know what to suggest you do, because I can't even get my own skin to not be crappy either, and I've done so much.

Happy belated birthday Kristaball!

I ordered my Acnescript 16 days ago, still no shipping e-mail, nothing. I e-mailed them two days ago and have received no reply.

About 12 days ago, I stopped constantly eating spaghetti and have only had two plates since. I didn't realize that even the most healthy of whole wheat spaghetti is usually a big contributor to acne, or at least will get acne around if you still are experiencing inflammation. So I cut that out, and have been eating much less cause everything scares me, but I've brought salads into the mix to help out. I just eat it plain with a little bit of high quality olive oil sprayed on the leaves and some sprinkled cheese and like 6 croutons. Also drinking two glasses hot lemon water, two glasses of green tea, and one or two glasses of this SuperGreens powder I got from Whole Foods every day. I also run 3-4 miles every day too. I also went down to doing the BP only at night, and sometimes skipping that too. For a long time I had religiously showered twice a day, 10-12 hours apart and always put the BP on, and I think that was doing more harm than good. I usually still shower twice a day, but every now and then don't do the one at night if I showered too late in the day that morning.

My skin is getting better I think, less redness and overall irritation probably. Last Wednesday though I woke up to a growing pimple a inch or so above my eye brow. Since then it became very large, and I had to work all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with it on there, it was horrible. I had yesterday and today off. Any time I haven't been at work the last few days, I've had either an aspirin mask, an Indian Healing Clay mask, or a mixture of the two on that spot non-stop. I also ice it once or twice a day, but plan to really kick that up throughout today.

It had a whitehead yesterday when I woke up and ran and took the mask off it, and then after I showered I put my IHC/ACV on it, and after a couple hours it felt like something had happened, so I took it off and the white head was gone (absorbed into the mask, since it tightens and stuff) and then I reapplied. I was hoping to see huge improvement by this morning, but it seems to be going away very slowly (if it's even going away.

I'm seeing my girlfriend for the first time in eleven days tomorrow, and really wanted to not look like crap for once. It affects my confidence and behavior, and I'm sure she gets tired of seeing some new big pimple on my face each time we go out. I, of course, have to work for a few hours tomorrow before seeing her, so I won't have much of any prep time at all for the date either. Due to both of our work schedules, we barely get to see each other lately, it sucks. Between that and all my skin problems, it's really making what should be the most magical moments of my life become really stressful and sad.

Great to hear from you Cleric!

You should be fine eating it in small amounts, and can try adding healthy fats in as well as ACV as they help keep blood sugar stable. Hope your skin keeps improving! I'm sure your girlfriend will be happy to see you, 11 days is a long time! Don't worry, I'm sure she dates you for you, and won't worry about some pimples. What's your regimen look like? Are you giving anything back to your face, like moisturizers, antioxidants, those types of things?

I got this e-mail from them a little over an hour ago. I got pretty scared when I first started reading it:

We did move into a new facility & have brought in some new help. Given this we are estimating that we will be caught up with everyone - and continue so - no later than the middle of July. That said your order looks to likely ship on Tuesday.

Thanks again,

Support

****, how are they always behind? Get your shit together.

Also, after I ran and took a shower, the current aspirin mask I had over my spot came off of course and the whole top of it was white, so I was like, this is the time to pop it. I couldn't though, it was weird. The skin would just go down, like there was nothing under it anymore. I got a warm cloth and had it on there for a while and then was getting pissed and poked it a bit and rubbed it a bit and it bled or something a tiny bit and then got really red and pissed looking. So then I iced it, put some tea tree oil on it with a q-tip, and then covered it with a clay/ACV/aspirin mask. I don't know if I made it better or worse for the immediate future, but I'll find out in 2-3 hours when I take the spot mask off, see what's going on, ice it, and then re-apply the spot mask. When I placed the first spot of mask on the bump with a q-tip, it stung bad for a couple seconds, so hopefully that means there is a good opening in there now and the mask is going to do some (good) damage to the infection or whatever the hell is doing this.

Yeah Tim, I use a lot of good stuff. I use the Acne.org moisturizer, and also have some fancy renewal-type creams I bought at Whole Foods a week or two ago, and those have helped improve the appearance of my skin overall, along with cutting down my use of BP a bit. I also have gotten back into using freshly squeezed lemon juice (diluted in water) as a toner too, which helps brighten and tighten skin.

Edit:

It's a few hours later and I put the spot mask off and then put some tea tree oil on there and was going to reapply when I saw that this mountain of red was finally bleeding. I stood there pulling at the top of it with toilet paper and then a warm rag for over 20 minutes. I pulled probably like 20 times, thinking and kinda hoping all this red skin would just tear off or something. The skin is all loose now from all the blood making it mountain up for the last five days. Why the hell did this happen? It's infuriating. Anyway, after it seemed like it was finally done bleeding out, I put tea tree oil on it, and then dabbed some AHA+ on it, which hurt like crazy for a couple seconds, and then I dabbed that bloody AHA+ mess away, and then put some tea tree oil on it again, then some Polysporin, and then finally the combo clay mask again on top of that. I'll see what's happening under there in like three hours. At this point I don't even care if it's red, I just want the mountain gone.

Edited by Cleric

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I actually bought a "Stress B-Complex" bottle of pills a day or two before that post of yours that talked about the amount of B6 in the new formula, etc. That complex only has 5mg of B6 in it, and 20mg of B5 (under it's official name of Pantothenic acid), along with a lot of other great stuff like Zinc, copper, Vitamin C, etc.

I was worried at first when I read your post, but it seems like the new formula is within the 100mg limit, and even with a good B-complex added to the mix it's not too far over. Other B-vitamins could be much heavier on the B6 though, I don't remember.

Tim12 -->> "If I remember correctly, the new formula has 50mg of b6 per serving of 2 pills, and they reccomend taking 2, 2x daily. That's 100 mg of b6, which is kind of risky. I've cut down now, and take 1 in the morning, and 1 twelve hours later. Just thought I'd warn everyone here, and I'm honestly not so big of a fan of this increased dosage. Make sure you aren't getting b6 in other vitamins, like a b-complex, or certain multivitamins that are marketed as "energy supporting" as they tend to be high in b vitamins as well."

Are you sure you haven't mixed the mg's up? I just got my new Acnescript bottle and it only has 2mg of B6. Where are you getting 100mg's from?

Edited by ColoradoTom

Ok so I'm thinking about getting the sample off the site, but I have some questions.

1. What happens when you stop taking the medication?

2. Are there any negative side effects?

3. Is it worth it? Is it effective?

You could be right, I threw away the bottles a couple weeks ago in favor of the old bottles :lol: I might have gotten things mixed up, I just know that some of the dosages were changed. The previous formula had 20mg per serving. I just remember 50mg of something sticking out, and I thought it was the b6. Who knows :lol: but this could be why they haven't shipped things out? I don't know :drool:

Sorry to hear that Cleric :/ If anything, my experience with not having acnescript taught me to manage acne through things like diet, stress management, sleep, and things like that more, and not making it so important in my regimen. Hope things keep clearing up for you!

I had my date six days ago with a huge nasty sore on my forehead, it was sick looking. I told her I got hit with a big shelf of stuff while moving stuff around in storage and my skin swelled up/got cut due to it. I started off the date with that and then said how I felt bad about it cause I've been working hard at trying to improve stuff so I don't always look like crap. That date went really good though and is probably one of my favorites out of the 13 we've had.

Yesterday's (Sunday's) date was the next one we had after that night, and it is probably my least favorite one. My forehead sore was better (still raw and red and not healed at all though) but I of course had a new pimple or cyst or something coming up an inch or so below my lip on the one side of my chin. It's most likely an ingrown hair or something caused by shaving irritation, I've gotten stuff like this is that spot on either side before as well. So I, as usual, looked like crap for the date, and I think she's finally grown tired of both my appearance and lack of confidence (which affects a lot of things, including me just constantly trying to make jokes or say dumb things in order to subconsciously distract myself and her from how bad I look). I have no confidence and zero experience and she has basically said on each of the last three dates that she has no more patience for me when it comes to me not making moves or initiating stuff.

I picked her up at 2pm, and before 6pm even hit, she made up an awfully obvious lie about allergies suddenly giving her a headache, and she wanted to be brought home. I drove her home for 20+ minutes with neither of us barely saying a word. As she went to get out of the car I wasn't even going to kiss her (we hadn't kissed or anything the entire date) and then she looked at me weird and asked me if I'm going to kiss her bye (or something like that) so then it was just a quick kiss on the lips and I said, "I didn't think you'd want me to" and she says, "One kiss is acceptable" or something like that.

I'm just so sick of constantly worrying about the next date and always looking like shit. She's way beyond my looks even if I had clear skin, and this whole year I've had nothing but one horrible era of skin after another, it's been non-stop, even though I've done everything and then some to try and fix my skin this year. I mainly was doing it because I want to not look like crap for once in my life when I start my next college next January (not to mention this fall's semester) and I especially want to look my best for when I try and get another job for what I'm going to school for. At my current job of 8+ years I've always looked like crap, so having to work there when having some huge issues on my face is just another day for me at this point. What I care about is my skin ruining the rest of my chances in life, just like it has ruined my life for the past 12+ years.

The last few months have shown me that there is literally nothing I can do to stop this disease for me. Everything I had always heard about or thought I could never have the willpower to do, I have done, and yet I consistently have some new issue come up every week, or more often, and still around FOREVER these days. I changed my availability at work and will be working mornings for the most part from here on out, so I'm going to get on a schedule of getting up at 7-8am most days and be forced to stay on that schedule, so that'll be interesting. It's 4am now and I'm going to get up at 9am so that I can be tired Monday night and begin this new schedule of going to bed early and waking up early.

If I'm lucky though, I just won't wake up at all.

Ive tried the regular spotscript and it did nothing to prevent pimples and didnt decrease redness or inflammation on already existing ones...It did however bring a picked clogged pore to the surface and I was able to grab the core with my tweezer...It kind of made it bubble up and literally rise up..Ive run out since. Im curious about the mangosteen supplements they sent me..Has anyone used these and what are they suppose to help with?

Ive tried the regular spotscript and it did nothing to prevent pimples and didnt decrease redness or inflammation on already existing ones...It did however bring a picked clogged pore to the surface and I was able to grab the core with my tweezer...It kind of made it bubble up and literally rise up..Ive run out since. Im curious about the mangosteen supplements they sent me..Has anyone used these and what are they suppose to help with?

They sent you mangosteen capsules? I don't see them on the site. Did you pay for them? I use the regular spotscript & it works great for me. I'm just wondering if the spotscript mangosteen version would be even better? I'm just going to buy it with my next order.

The supplements I received are called Xanthones and they have Mangosteen Pericarp listed as the main ingredient. I also received a sample of the liquid Spotscript that has mangosteen in it. I have not tried either of them...What exactly does mangosteen help with? Redness or inflammation? Anyone know...

The supplements I received are called Xanthones and they have Mangosteen Pericarp listed as the main ingredient. I also received a sample of the liquid Spotscript that has mangosteen in it. I have not tried either of them...What exactly does mangosteen help with? Redness or inflammation? Anyone know...

I looked it up and it's a powerful antioxidant. I don't see anything about it working for redness or inflammation though. They must know something we don't. I never heard of it but I was talking with my cousin from Phoenix the other day & she said that there are lots of mangosteen drinks. So - go figure. They use it in drinks but acnescript is now using it in both their caps & spot treatment??? I don't have a clue. Anyone?

Ok. Forget what I just wrote. I just re-googled xanthones & acne. Mangosteen is a thai plant that has antimicrobial properties. So - if it works I guess it makes sense. That's the whole acnescript pitch. Fighting the infection. Antimicrobial. Have you tried it yet & does it work even better?

no im too afraid to try. Ive pretty much stopped acnescript since I never saw an improvement in my clogged pores and the occasional welt/hive like bumps I would get on my jaw line. I am also in the process of lowering my spironolactione ( a diruetic used to control androgen levels) as Ive been on it for a 1 1/2yrs and no improvment there either. In fact, the bumps on my jaw were a development since I started the spiro back in March of 2010 so Im hopeing this could be why. My skin I believe was getting too dehydrated and therefore trying to produce more oil to compensate for this. My chin was always dry and plugged with hard sebum so this makes sense to me that it was a dehydration issue. I dont want to add the Xanthones yet but they stare at me every time I enter my kitchen as they are on the window sill!!!

Buddy of mine ordered the sample, couldn't believe how much it did for him. He said the only side effects were bright pee :lol: I can honestly say it helped my inflammatory acne before my diet/lifestyle changes, but it didn't effect my clogged pores/blackheads much. I took it for about 5 months. Also, if anyone is looking to use this as a long term treatment, stock up to avoid the often occurring shortages, and make time for as much ad three weeks shipping time. Pretty solid product, but I don't quite need it anymore.

tim what has helped your clogged pores? Mine are so sticky and lodged in the corners of my mouth down toward my chin. I also have tiny milia like white bumps across the crease of my chin. These are hard and dont come out easily whereas the ones the ones in the corner never come to a head and are not hard (maybe its the softer area where they are located) I can see a white center to them and some days it looks more prnounced and I want to take a blackhead extractor to it but I have done that and a plug does not protroud up and out..It actually retreats inward. I then have to wait for it to heal and it starts all over again. The rest of my face is somewhat clear, aside from how my pores are enlarged but there is not much I can do with that anymore. Its what god has give and blessed me with at the ripe old age of 44. I cant get these bumps to go away or come out..Its a strange cycle not to mention the entire area in between my corner and crease fill up with the kind of sebum you can express in and around your pores..What stops this? Certainly not acnescript...

post-105466-1311078274_thumb.jpg

post-105466-1311078356_thumb.jpg

post-105466-1311078274_thumb.jpg

post-105466-1311078356_thumb.jpg