Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seriously, this company needs to get its business side together. The pills are great and all (which is why I'm still ordering from them despite their bullsht), but they need to learn how to run a business and KEEP it running. They decided to increase the price from 35--$39, alright no big deal since it's because the new formula costs more money. I put in an order a couple days ago, ASSUMING it would be the new formula (since that's what the website clearly states), yet I just got confirmation from them saying they're mailing out the old oily version. So WHY am I paying more money for the old formula? Truth is, $4 is really nothing, but they can at least be honest about it. The head of the company is trying put their product on store shelves, what are they going to do- charge us $50 a bottle to pay for their pathetic overhead costs? Their product isn't THAT hard to make, it's just a combination of things that already exist. I won't be surprised if other people start catching on soon and drive their prices down. Dan Kern started a business online on his own as well, and I have never had any problem with them (apart from the $15 shipping cost). Since the head of acnescript likes to keep tabs on what people on acne.org say about their company, maybe he should get a "How to run your own business 101" lesson from Dan. Sorry for the rant, but had to get it out there.

Edited by cherubie

I don't know what caused my issues, but I'd be careful about mega-dosing on turmeric/curcumin. Right now things are still improving for me and I've just got this one spot on my forehead that's been giving me issues for the last week but finally started to die last night I think and I'll keep working on it. I'm also disappointed about how those four bottles I ordered were not the new formula, I was not pleased either.

I had my third date last night with that girl. She flat-out said half-way through the date that she wants me to kiss her (and has wanted me to since the first date, two weeks ago) and basically said that I better do it sometime during that date (I was driving down the highway as she told me this). I was very awkward for a little bit after that lol cause that really shook me up, cause I've never really kissed anyone and not only was I scared to actually go through with it, but I was mostly worried that I didn't know HOW. As I dropped her off we were in my car and she asked me if I liked her and I said yeah, I'm just shy, and she was basically saying, "Kiss me...NOW!" with everything she was doing. She finally kissed me on the cheek and said she was going to get out now, and seemed disappointed. I said no, let's do it, put my arm around her, and we made out for a while. Then talked for a min or two about the next time we'd see each other and kissed goodbye.

So happy. :3

Edited by Cleric

It actually works amazingly well, you can't imagine how happy I am.. I'm so scared thinking about delivery changes for Europeans. Also I've noticed that my stomach is a little bit upset in the past few days. I'm thinking not to take acnescript for a few days to calm it down.. Also I'm waiting for a new formula I've ordered few weeks ago. Cleric, I really happy for you :)

hey everyone , glad to see there are so many new people who benefited from acnescript :D

It's been such a long time since I posted here because I basically had nothing else to tell , I thought my story was finished and I had finally found salvation in a product that actually worked for me but since going to reorder a new shipment after only running out 2/3 days ago ,,,, I see a message that makes me feel sick to the stomach.

I don't mean to sound dramatic but this new european legislation has made me quite scared. I mean what happens to me if acnescript can't ship to EU , I'll be back to square one all over again and I've come so far in the last year.... at this point in time acnescript has been preventing the worst of my acne and over the last 5 months i've been taking measures to reduce pigmentation and scarring with derma rollers for collagen production and glycolic peels with great succuss. I've been on acnescript on or over a year now and I fear it maybe all in vain.

So this post is more or less a plea to acnescript as a company to find whatever loop hole they can to ensure european customers are able to avail of their services.

I wish I knew sooner so i could of bulked bought but even then that still would of only been temporary. I really don't know what to do if I can't buy acnescript anymore , it has me extremely worried , I know they say on the website that they there is a chance it could arrive in the EU but I fear that may not be the case for UK/Ireland.

If push comes to shove , can anyone give me any advice or alternatives to receive the same benifits as acnescript , I understand that acnescript doesn't include anything that doesn't already exist but it can be difficult to find them in the right amounts and in reliable potent forms.

Sorry for the long post but it really is heart crushing to hear that news.

EDIT: what the heck, i'm going to try and order some and see if they arrive , Acnescript state i'll get a full refund if it doesn't arrive , so i've nothing to lose , i just pray it does! I wonder how i keep in contact with acnescript to let them know i've recieved the trial so they can ship the rest of my order? would it just be through the general customer support?

Edited by Stephen1346

Turns out i'm the first customer post the new legislation , so they want me to keep them updated.

They'll send me the first part of the order and then if it arrives i'll let them know and they'll ship out the next bit. If it doens't arrive within 3 weeks and get a refund, which I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Please if anyone else from EU has ordered since these new rules, keep posting here and let me know if you recieved anything. Thanks!

anyone still getting spots and clooged pores after being on acnescript for over 2 months? I started out on the reguluar skin formula at 4 pills a day and sometimes took the booster of B5. I occasionally took the curcumin but thought that every time I took it, I woke to a new welt like bump on my jawline. I only take flaxseed as a supplement because I felt the evening primrose oil (GLA) gave me this weird texture thing on my chin. It was like things were getting stuck to the little hairs in the pore follicle. With their new program theyve discontinued the regular skin formula and in the last week Ive been taking the oily skin formula. I had already started weaning down on the regular skin formula to 2 or 3 pills a day. It would depend on my skin. I am so much drier and irritated lately. Could it be the switch from regular to oily? I am also on spironolactone and maybe its all too much. I have to say all in all I never saw the "dramatic" results everyone talked about with acnescript. I still wake to weird red flat spots on my cheeks and sides of my face. They are not pimple like but more like irritations so I dont know what to put on them to fade them. Any ideas?

I've been on it now for a little over two months and still have issues, especially on my forehead. I have a big red bump a couple inches from the corner of my lip on my jaw kinda that appeared over the past couple days. I get nothing on my face or cheeks at all anymore, but I've had a couple issues around my mouth and several very bad ones on my forehead over the past couple months. None of them have been the kind I've always gotten, and are usually big wide red bumps that take forever to deal with.

I'm meeting the mom of the girl I've been talking about in just over 12 hours. I had my fourth date on Saturday afternoon and we kissed a few more times and it was definitely my best day appearance wise so far, but that's not saying much since the first three dates each had their own memorable accompanying appearance issue. I'm going to ice this thing on my front chin a lot tonight and might leave some dabs of an aspirin/water mask on it overnight in a desperate attempt to kill it. I've had good experiences with aspirin masks before and have left it on my whole face overnight before, but wouldn't do that anymore. I have four main issues right now (the other three are on my forehead but are mostly hide-able at this point)...if I could just get rid of them I would feel so much better. I'm SO damn sick of this.

YAY! SO HAPPY , Recieved my order this morning so it seems that there isn't a problem sending it here.

For those of you wondering I live in the EU - Ireland so I can't vouch for every individual country in the european union. I hope I can forever order now without problems.

After doing a little research though I found out (but could be completely wrong) , that if you label the product as a Food supplement it may bypass the new legislation and go through the FSD (Food supplement Directive which is easier to get through than the new THMPD.

Also it apply's to herbal medicines , I don't know much about this kind of stuff but is there anything in Acnescript containing herbal medicnes? I don't think so.

Also Acnescript doesn't make medicinal claims which seems to me that the THMPD applies to.

If you look at a website called pukka . com (I think ) they are re-labeling their products as food supplements in order to boycott THMPD sort of.

So I think acnescript already have the right idea in terms of labeling hence maybe why there was no problem with this product reaching me post-THMPD but I can understand their Caution.

Anyway i'm completely thrilled :D so happy right now Thanks Acnescript once again. Tomrrow is a full year since I received my first Sample Order. Saw it through the comments on the blog! :P i was so immature back then :)

See y'all Soon!!!

Just to let everyone know I got the first half of order, the 2nd bit was sent out after I let acnescript know that I recieved the order. If they sent it out the same day or the day after I let them know then it should be here any day now based on how long it took the first shipment to arrive from the day I placed my order , If I don't see it this week or monday coming , I will be a bit worried!

So I'm not really out of trouble yet until I see the 2nd shipment :). Staying positive though and hoping it will arrive!

I've switched up my acnescript routine, I find that taking three at night before I go to bed does wonders more for preventing/healing acne than 2, 2x a day. This is also when I'd take guggul as well. How has everyone in the U.S. been as far as acnescript getting them their orders? Anyone try out the new formula yet? I'm thinking about buying it one last time even though I'm mostly clear, just to prevent things over the summer and make sure my skin's really cleared up.

I changed out my routine as well, and it has helped me stop developing cyst-like things on my forehead. When I first started Acnescript I had recently gotten Turmeric/Curcumin pills from GNC and had been taking those along with some apple cider vinegar tablets from GNC too. I had some initial issues and then was fine and then I started Acnescript and after a couple weeks started completely clearing up on my cheeks (still have poor skin tone and quality due to being an idiot years ago and having sun damage and stuff). I also started regularly having to fight a battle with a big cyst-like pimple (usually 1-3 in various places on my forehead or front chin). I had never gotten things like this before.

For the last 2 weeks, I've had a couple more develop and now are mostly gone and none have come back since. The reason for my success at this point is due to how I changed what I was doing. I had been taking, for over the last 10 weeks or so) a TON of pills. Each day I was taking 4 Acnescripts, 2-3 pure Curcumin pills, 4 Gugguls, 8 Cod Liver Oil, 5-6 GLA, 2 Probiotic from Acnescript, a couple big GNC Sport multivitamins for men, a green tea extract capsule, and 4 ACV tablets.

I cut out the multivitamin, the guggul, the Curcumin, the GLA, and the Probiotic. I now take much less pills overall, and I think either the Curcumin, guggul, or multivitamin were causing me to breakout like that. My bets are on the curcumin or the multivitamin, maybe both. I know stuff like Muscle Milk causes people to breakout a lot, and when I tried it once I got a lot of issues on my back, which is rare, so maybe this really potent multivitamin has crap in it too that doesn't work for acne-prone people.

Either way, I'm very happy right now with my more simple pill regimen. For the spots that remain due to the Battle of Cysts I've waged since mid-March, I started using that Calcium Bentonite clay we talked about like five weeks ago. I had forgot all about it, but then a little under a week ago I started applying it to any red spots or issues and leaving it on throughout the day (if at home that day) and always on overnight. It's been working beautifully so far. I still also drink a good amount of warm/hot lemon water every morning and night along with with green tea and another glass or Chamomile tea, which is also known to be very good for acne sufferers.

Since the constant cyst battles have ceased, hopefully forever, I can now focus more on gentle cleansing and continuing the Acne.org regimen. When I first got on Acnescript, I went like four days without putting on BP, and that probably was a bad idea as well. I rarely ever skip a 12-hour period without it now, and I also put the new moisturizer on with about 5 pumps worth and use Jojobo oil to make any left over absorb. Today I didn't even use my tinted moisturizer before going to work and didn't look horrible without it. I'm happy when I don't have to use that, cause it makes me shiny more often than not, since it also has SPF in it.

I took Acnescript for over 4 months, 2 pills twice daily. My bottle ran out at the beginning of April, and I decided not to go thru the trouble (or price) of waiting for a new bottle. It's been around 6 weeks since I stopped taking it and my acne did not get any worse.

I do take a B-Complex, 3 Garlic Pills, and 2 (500mg) B5 pills daily, which essentially features Acnescripts main ingredients. I'm not posting this comment to tell you all to quit taking acnescript, because it worked well for the 4 months I took it. But I found it to be somewhat expensive when you could take any of it's ingredients separately for much cheaper.

I thank them for showing me some ingredients that helped my acne bigtime, and they gave me a solid 4 months of treatment. I think I can handle it on my own now.

I started using that Calcium Bentonite clay we talked about like five weeks ago. I had forgot all about it, but then a little under a week ago I started applying it to any red spots or issues and leaving it on throughout the day (if at home that day) and always on overnight. It's been working beautifully so far.

This is not recommended for everybody, but for me personally, I find that I can do the clay mask every night without any trouble. I've been doing this for the past month+ now, each night about 1 teaspoon of clay + 4 drops of tea tree oil. It not only helps prevent, but it dries up any spots very quickly.. I visited my parents for the weekend and didnt do the clay for 3 days, and came back with a cyst-like spot, something I haven't gotten in the last month since using the clay. Honestly I think the clay is helping a lot, since I'm able to take just 2 pills of acnescript for 2/3 of the month with no problem. (4 pills a day is a little bit too much, money wise and convenience wise)

You do a full mask? I just put a little bit on like 9 little spots of my face and it's fading redness faster than anything else, and so far is stopping more issues from popping up in these areas. I haven't had a chance yet to use it against something I feel coming on, but I think it'll work great against those too.

I'd love to be able to try the spot script stuff but unfortunately it can't be shipped here , for the most part acnescript does a great job of preventing but now and again I get a rogue spot , sometimes big and sometimes small .... you might of heard this a million times but crushed aspirin into a paste applied overnight really helps me a lot.

sudocrem directly onto the spot helps me too especially if I just picked or popped it. This along with acnescript ensures the area heals really well or almost completely not leaving those dreaded red marks i'm so prone too.

For those stubborn old ones i've been using glycolic acid peels and i must say its been helping tons to even out my skin tone and reduce the red pigmentation ... just a few more peels of 30% and then i'm moving onto 50% which will really give me the results I want.

In saying that though everytime I do a glycolic peel i regret it though cause I get some serious purging , Zits all over the place , peeling skin and lots of little bumps here and there thats reallly noticeable in certain lighting , but the benefits are so worth it and i heals much faster for me than my normal occurence of acne so i figure the more I keep purging it'll eventually come to a hiatus and use a peel once a month for maintenance and keep acnescript going. Thats when I hope I'm 100% spot free , like the commericals :P

The SpotScript wasn't a big success for me. I had cyst-like issues and accompanying redness lasting for weeks while trying out the SpotScript on issues. Nothing worked on those things until I brought the aspirin masks back and then started using the Aztec Calcium Bentonite/ACV mixture as a spot treatment. Redness and inflammation goes down the best while using that stuff.

oh so it seems like i'm not missing out on much i have other means.

Just curious though , I use glycolic acid for so and so as mentioned before but it leaves skin sensitive to the sun , I 've been using neutrogena's new range of moisturizer with spf for protection , the problem is it leaves me quite shiny and i feel like people notice but don't want to say anything in case they insult me. I dab , quite a lot actually but that never seems enough , i wish there was something that would give me the spf protection , not clog pores and leave a matte finish.

It was suggested to use a translucent powder for men to clear up excess shine but i'm unsure if make cosmetics is the way to go.

Any tips , even the simplest of ones would be highly appreciated.

oh so it seems like i'm not missing out on much i have other means.

Just curious though , I use glycolic acid for so and so as mentioned before but it leaves skin sensitive to the sun , I 've been using neutrogena's new range of moisturizer with spf for protection , the problem is it leaves me quite shiny and i feel like people notice but don't want to say anything in case they insult me. I dab , quite a lot actually but that never seems enough , i wish there was something that would give me the spf protection , not clog pores and leave a matte finish.

It was suggested to use a translucent powder for men to clear up excess shine but i'm unsure if make cosmetics is the way to go.

Any tips , even the simplest of ones would be highly appreciated.

If you're just looking for spf in general (aka sunblock, not tinted moisturizers or anything), then Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Touch provides good spf (they have everything ranging from 30-90+) without any shine whatsoever. If you need extra moisturizer, you can either put it on top or at the bottom of the sunscreen. It hasn't given me any problems as far as clogging pores either. Highly recommend it. But as a word of caution though, use enough, don't overdo it and make sure you rub it in very well. It won't look like you have anything on, but if you use too much it could make you look really pale. It's a very popular product, so you can probably get it at any drugstore.

cleric can you explain more about the Aztec Calcium Bentonite/ACV mixture? do you mix the two and apply to the pimple? Is it better for pimples that are popped or raised bumps that are red and you want to bring the swelling down?

has anyone stopped acnescript? I think its making me too dry and in turn my body is trying to produce more oil so I'm clogging up. I never saw great results with this. Anyone else?

Wicky, it's good for any kind of pimple at any stage imo. It brings down the swelling and redness especially, and it's also drying, so it could take out a pimple that keeps creating a whitehead. When you pull or wash off the little spot of the dried mixture, it can take a lot of the crap with it too, it's awesome,

I mix like a tablespoon of ACV with around a tablespoon of the clay (1:1 ratio) and then spot treat with it whenever I can and let it sit for hours. If I'm home all day and have a bad one (like a couple weeks ago) I keep reapplying every few hours at home after pulling off the dried part, I'm not sure if that's good but it worked for me and that pimple/cyst that day.